PDA

View Full Version : Where should I go for Christmas lunch in Tenerife?

rotchie
18-09-2011, 16:42
Can anyone suggest a suitable venue to eat for Christmas lunch, as my son and his family will be over for Christmas, and we thought it a good idea to eat out? Many thanks in anticipation.:yum:

atlantico
18-09-2011, 16:56
last year we went to Surfers in Los Cristianos, good food, reasonable prices, catered for 14 of us and over looking the beach - what more could you ask for ?

rotchie
18-09-2011, 17:12
Thanks Atlantico,
I forgot to mention that we are in Torviscas Alto, and not sure what taxis would be running if any. Would be more convenient to eat closer to home, but may have to travel if we can arrange suitable transport.

lesbroz
18-09-2011, 18:34
last year we went to Surfers in Los Cristianos, good food, reasonable prices, catered for 14 of us and over looking the beach - what more could you ask for ?
Can you give directions to this restaurant , please.

h18aln
06-11-2011, 11:12
i am coming to tenerife over christmas and was wondering where will be open/taking bookings
for christmas lunch i am staying in playa del duque but could of course walk to fanabe etc.
any help greatly welcomed

johnr
25-06-2012, 16:03
There doesn't appear to by any post for 2012. Having booked apartment for five weeks over Christmas and New Year and secured flights just wondered if anybody had any suggestions for Christmas Day lunch or dinner in Los Cristianos?

Suej
25-06-2012, 16:23
There doesn't appear to by any post for 2012. Having booked apartment for five weeks over Christmas and New Year and secured flights just wondered if anybody had any suggestions for Christmas Day lunch or dinner in Los Cristianos?

Blimey! Now that's what I call planning ahead!:) Don't even know if some places will still be trading! Sorry to say that Restaurants and bars are opening and closing all the time with the current crisis. I think you might get more reliable information nearer the time johnr!:christmascheer:

johnr
25-06-2012, 16:35
Will do but thanks for the response. Lets hope the airline and apartment company don't become victims of the current economic climate.

macdonald5
25-06-2012, 16:49
Will do but thanks for the response. Lets hope the airline and apartment company don't become victims of the current economic climate.

We were in Puerto Colon Christmas past and had not booked for the reasons already given Found still plenty of places available when we arrived on 20th
6 of us had a very good Christmas Day meal in Carlos (under Club Atlantis) just up from Puerto Colon

Bazz
25-06-2012, 17:39
Hello MacD
Did you have a turkey dinner or a la carte? Was it expensive?
Might go this year.

macdonald5
25-06-2012, 17:53
Hello MacD
Did you have a turkey dinner or a la carte? Was it expensive?
Might go this year.

Hi Bazz
It was a special set menu,
Traditional turkey was on menu along with a steak,fish, chicken and veggie option
A few (4/5 ) choices of starter,mains and sweet My hubby is very fuss pot!! And he was pleased
Food and atmosphere very good,can eat either inside or outside (covered with patio heater if needed)
Was €20 per head if I remember, hope this helps
Cheers

johnr
26-10-2012, 13:18
asked the question in June and now we are almost in November any up to date info please?

MummyJ
26-10-2012, 21:25
we went to wigan pier in starco and it was absolutely amazing, highly recommended but do pre book early x

marbro8
26-10-2012, 21:54
if the roast house in los cris is open then i can highly recommend it, don't know if they do xmas dinners but i went there a couple of weeks ago and they had to lend me a fork lift to bring my plate back to the table:D, they do turkey all year round as one of the meats anyway, and at 10 euros it is a bargain, we have seen xmas menu's here in the uk and they want £50 plus for a half descent meal on xmas day

edsa
27-10-2012, 19:06
Last year we had relatives staying in the Columbas hotel, they were staying all inclusive but we joined them for Christmas night for dinner. Buffet style but it was a very good dinner with wine and carver. We bought a dinner ticket at the reception for €12, we will be doing the same again this year. They will be staying in a different hotel but we will ask if they have the same system.
Try going into a hotel you fancy and ask, good value in my opinion.

johnr
28-10-2012, 13:55
Yes I agree. I have been to the Roast House on several occasions but have been unable to ascertain whether they are opne on Christmas Day or not. If it is then I think that might be my choice also. Is the Bistro in Los Cristianos open as an alternative suggestion - nothing on their web site either at the moment - but then may be a tad early.
if the roast house in los cris is open then i can highly recommend it, don't know if they do xmas dinners but i went there a couple of weeks ago and they had to lend me a fork lift to bring my plate back to the table:D, they do turkey all year round as one of the meats anyway, and at 10 euros it is a bargain, we have seen xmas menu's here in the uk and they want £50 plus for a half descent meal on xmas day

Tom & Sharon
28-10-2012, 19:06
Yes I agree. I have been to the Roast House on several occasions but have been unable to ascertain whether they are opne on Christmas Day or not. If it is then I think that might be my choice also. Is the Bistro in Los Cristianos open as an alternative suggestion - nothing on their web site either at the moment - but then may be a tad early.

The original bistro in Los Cristianos always does Xmas day lunch. We have been on Xmas day a couple of times, and it's always its usual fabulous standard.

macdonald5
28-10-2012, 19:11
The original bistro in Los Cristianos always does Xma

s day lunch. We have been on Xmas day a couple of times, and it's always its usual fabulous standard.

Have never been for Xmas day but agree always excellent meal and good ,helpfull service
Lady chef had broken foot couple of weeks ago but food still great
Will it be open ? Usually closes Tuesdays

rob897
28-10-2012, 19:49
Gordon Ramsays is Costa Adeje [If it's still there that is!] Not his own restaurant but still nice?

macdonald5
28-10-2012, 20:10
Gordon Ramsays is Costa Adeje [If it's still there that is!] Not his own restaurant but still nice?

Was still there last week and quite busy, we've had two not good experiences there so give it a miss now

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Casa Tres at Sunset Bay usually do a great Xmas day meal , we've been a few times over years, would suspect they fully booked by now though
Carlos under Club Atlantis another good Xmas meal but know it almost fully booked now

skeeter
29-10-2012, 22:20
if you dont mind travelling, there is a great place in Tejina de Isora. If its open, booking is advisable!

rob897
29-10-2012, 22:23
Was still there last week and quite busy, we've had two not good experiences there so give it a miss now

Sorry to hear that, well another nice resturant is da angelo, again in costa adeje above playa torviscas beach. The cheesecake is a MUST!

Or the chain of aberdeen steak houses is pretty good covering more than just steak.

mike in chayofa
29-10-2012, 22:29
Why not try 'The Shires' at the Apolo Centre in Los Cristianos. A good selection of festive food

They are open 12.3pm until 8.30pm Christmas day. You will need to book in advance (and select a time-slot) and pay a 10€ deposit per person.

The cost is 22.95€ for a 2 course meal and 24.95€ for 3 courses.

You can phone them on 922 79 51 84 or email them via the website www.shirestenerife.com

macdonald5
29-10-2012, 22:58
Sorry to hear that, well another nice resturant is da angelo, again in costa adeje above playa torviscas beach. The cheesecake is a MUST!

Or the chain of aberdeen steak houses is pretty good covering more than just steak.

We have eaten in Aberdeen Steakhouse on Puerto Colon in January when it opened and again this month when over. Excellent choice ,lovely tableware and glasses and very acceptable food at only €8.95 special 3 course menu

Bazz
30-10-2012, 13:05

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Casa Tres at Sunset Bay usually do a great Xmas day meal , we've been a few times over years, would suspect they fully booked by now though
Carlos under Club Atlantis another good Xmas meal but know it almost fully booked now

Hi MacD
I am waiting on Mandy from Carlos sending me their menu for Christmas Night. Are you saying it's almost fully booked for then? :confused:
She replied to me saying she'd send it soon.

macdonald5
30-10-2012, 15:07
Hi MacD
I am waiting on Mandy from Carlos sending me their menu for Christmas Night. Are you saying it's almost fully booked for then? :confused:
She replied to me saying she'd send it soon.

Yes Bazz, when we were in last week Mandy mentioned to our friends that very few tables left
Might be idea to recontact her
Best wishes

casabonny
30-10-2012, 16:51
Well one place not to go is the Carvery at Island Village.We went last year, food could only be described as fair at best , service very slow( and it wasnt even busy when we went as we went early in the day) , and to top it all waitress spilt wine over me and didnt apologise and then when paying they tried to short change me ! by 20 euros , all in all not a pleasant experience so dont go there.

Bazz
30-10-2012, 17:15
Yes Bazz, when we were in last week Mandy mentioned to our friends that very few tables left
Might be idea to recontact her
Best wishes

Let's hope she hasn't forgotten or we'll be having a can of beans! :D

marbro8
30-10-2012, 21:43
We have eaten in Aberdeen Steakhouse on Puerto Colon in January when it opened and again this month when over. Excellent choice ,lovely tableware and glasses and very acceptable food at only €8.95 special 3 course menusurprised to hear that macdonald? when i first joined the forum years ago all the aberdeen angus restaurants where slated, so we have never tried one:dontknow:

macdonald5
30-10-2012, 21:49
surprised to hear that macdonald? when i first joined the forum years ago all the aberdeen angus restaurants where slated, so we have never tried one:dontknow:

Same here M8 but as far as I see they are completely new (or reinvented)
We were very pleased with Puerto Colon one and my hubby is a fuss pot and our friend with us a chef in England

Fivepence
30-10-2012, 22:12
surprised to hear that macdonald? when i first joined the forum years ago all the aberdeen angus restaurants where slated, so we have never tried one:dontknow:

Same here M8 but as far as I see they are completely new (or reinvented)
We were very pleased with Puerto Colon one and my hubby is a fuss pot and our friend with us a chef in England

Tried various ones around LA and LC during the 90's but never had a good meal, so gave up in the end.
I was told that they were a Spanish owned chain of restaurants and the name Aberdeen Steakhouse was used to attract the British tourists.
I'm a believer that any restaurant is only as good as it's head chef, so you must have found one with a good chef.
I would give it a go when I visit again.
However, €8.95 is very cheap for a 3 course meal.