PDA

View Full Version : Has the Barranco del Infierno walk reopened in Tenerife?

JillADavidson
19-09-2011, 12:45
Hi, does anyone know if the Barranco del Infierno walk has reopened?
It was closed some time ago, I think after someone was injured when they slipped on the path. We are coming back to the island in October (can't wait!) and I am wondering if it might be possible to do the walk one day when we are not golfing.

Suej
19-09-2011, 12:52
If no one is sure on here, here is the number to call international code + 922 782 885.

nicki
19-09-2011, 16:50
last week it was still closed, but make sure to give a call to find out, i saw lots of people climing the fence after doing the walk, but i wouldnt recommend doing that., safety reasons is always a good cause to close a mountainpath down.

BobMac
19-09-2011, 17:17
Hi, does anyone know if the Barranco del Infierno walk has reopened?
It was closed some time ago, I think after someone was injured when they slipped on the path. We are coming back to the island in October (can't wait!) and I am wondering if it might be possible to do the walk one day when we are not golfing.

Have a look at this link

http://walkingtenerife.blogspot.com/2010/08/update-on-barranco-del-infierno-in.html

It doesn't sound like it will be opening any time soon

bonitatime
19-09-2011, 17:57
Since the accident on the beach on Los Gigantes the walk has been closed. It has to do with liability. The Cabildo are looking for a solution with Adeje town hall.

imablue
19-09-2011, 18:54
seems like that was /is correct ...the post was dated August 9th 2010..

tenerife_photo
19-09-2011, 19:28
its been closed for too long now.. shameful in my opinion! -its a major tourist attraction, they should get off their arses and solve the problem creating some jobs and stop moaning that the economical crisis has overrrun everything.. just took the forum poll, most replies were unemployed!

safety reasons are just an excuse.. its the same old pathetic canarian bureaucratic war.. i may sound a bit OTT but i was born and raised here.

bonitatime
21-09-2011, 22:05
Perhaps you want to take the risk of going to prision for liability but I wouldn't fancy it.