PDA

View Full Version : "Travellers" win last minute reprieve at Dale Farm.

garlicbread
19-09-2011, 19:07
Just in case you were beginning to feel even sloightly(no that's not a spelling mistake) sorry for 'em, read this.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/travellers-leave-trail-of-resentment-481248.html

I respect the good character and thoughtfulness of those protesters who have chained themselves to various objects at Dale Farm in an attempt to halt the bailiffs.

After all it makes it far easier to tazer a stationary person before carting them away to hippy prison for a hair cut and a wash.

Have you also noticed there are no men around on the media pictures that we see, must be that they are all out tarmacing drives or collecting benefit cheques.

TOTO 99
19-09-2011, 19:26
The blokes are all out filming in the jungle with Paddy. The next series is being renamed
"I'm a traveller, try and get me out of here".....:laugh:

Tom & Sharon
19-09-2011, 19:41
Just in case you were beginning to feel even sloightly(no that's not a spelling mistake) sorry for 'em, read this.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/travellers-leave-trail-of-resentment-481248.html

I respect the good character and thoughtfulness of those protesters who have chained themselves to various objects at Dale Farm in an attempt to halt the bailiffs.

After all it makes it far easier to tazer a stationary person before carting them away to hippy prison for a hair cut and a wash.

Have you also noticed there are no men around on the media pictures that we see, must be that they are all out tarmacing drives or collecting benefit cheques.

Just as in the programme "My big fat Gypsy wedding" (please feel free to use the generic word for travellers beginning with P) some of the grooms refused to be identified on camera in case it "ruins my business" that would be putting 1" of tarmac over wobbly flagstones for £2000 as they did with my elderly (75+) widowed next door neighbour back in the UK when i lived there.
Or they might have been cable stripping from the substations i looked after for 30 years working for National Grid. (my personal opinion of course)

I await the tree huggers replies

Tom :tiphat:

cainaries
19-09-2011, 19:42
I don't know why they can't all go and live with Vanessa Redgrave and her fellow-travellers.

The 'P' word is absolutely not acceptable on here, Tom, fyi.

BobMac
19-09-2011, 19:59
[/B]

please feel free to use the generic word for travellers beginning with P

Tom :tiphat:

That would be Bl@@dy parasites I assume

caroletenerife
19-09-2011, 20:46
I neither support them or attack them, it will be sorted out by the court, however lets get things into perspective and not tar an entire community. If we are talking parasites, today an ex MP (wage 65,000 grand) felt the NEED to defraud a further 80,000 from the tax payer...now thats a parasite! Or the Civil Engineer i caught when i was working for the benefits agency, very respectable career, but he still illegally claimed 36,000 in disability payments (and i caught him haha) Dodgy tarmacing, sure, however, BBC's Rogue traders investigates a lot worse by so called legitimate companies. They are accused of being behind big time tobacco smuggling, mabey so, yet last week I was serving a group of FIREFIGHTERS, who were on a fag run (particulary stupid i thought, given what they could lose). I am well aware of the criminal element in their society, but lets not forget the criminal element in our own

Suej
19-09-2011, 20:59
Parasites the lot of them IMHO!

BobMac
19-09-2011, 21:30
How can they be classed as travellers ??

The definition of traveller is someone who moves from place to place, not someone who stays in the same place for 10 years.

If they actually win their appeal on Friday, we might as well scrap the Planning laws because the message that will send out is that if you can string it out long enough you will get away with ignoring them and doing what you like.

I'd also love to know who is actually paying for all their legal proceedings

cainaries
19-09-2011, 22:13
How can they be classed as travellers ??

The definition of traveller is someone who moves from place to place, not someone who stays in the same place for 10 years.

If they actually win their appeal on Friday, we might as well scrap the Planning laws because the message that will send out is that if you can string it out long enough you will get away with ignoring them and doing what you like.

I'd also love to know who is actually paying for all their legal proceedings

Legal aid by any chance?

BobMac
20-09-2011, 10:41
Legal aid by any chance?

Can you imagine the amount of ???? that will hit the fan if it is ??

TheBloke
20-09-2011, 10:56
Napalm the lot of them.........................

caroletenerife
20-09-2011, 11:32
America 1850
Germany 1940

Britain 1966

THIS THREAD
Tenerife forum 2011

The comment about napalm...dont know if thats racist, genocidal, or just good old fashioned prejudice.

TheBloke
20-09-2011, 11:39
Just good old fashioned prejudice based on the facts of the case which are well reported in several newspapers of varying political hues.

You can shove your political correctness.........................

dokgolf
20-09-2011, 11:49
When these travellers are moved on, where are they going to go? If there aren't any other sites available won't the problem just be, and I mean this literally, moved down the road??

TheBloke
20-09-2011, 11:53
Vanessa Redgraves garden.

caroletenerife
20-09-2011, 11:56
Just good old fashioned prejudice based on the facts of the case which are well reported in several newspapers of varying political hues.

You can shove your political correctness.........................

Nothing to do with political correctness....your rediness to burn to death children and old people speaks for itself.....i think thats already been done 70 years ago, try to be a bit original

TheBloke
20-09-2011, 12:06
It was an off the cuff post and not meant to be taken seriously.

primrose
20-09-2011, 12:38
When these travellers are moved on, where are they going to go? If there aren't any other sites available won't the problem just be, and I mean this literally, moved down the road??

Probably to their Villas in Tenerife, lots of them in Palm Mar and Los Christianos, just makes you wonder how they can afford 4 bed villas, they have lived at Dale Farm for 10 years have villas in Tenerife and they call themselves Travellers?