PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the cheapest flight prices for New Year to Tenerife?

Lofty
19-09-2011, 22:27
Can anyone advise of the cheapest flight prices over the xmas / new year period.
The best I can find for 2 x adults flying out on the 27th Dec is £650 with monarch from Birmingham. (prepared to travel from anywhere in UK).

Susief
19-09-2011, 22:35
Try www.skyscanner.net
You can try the different airports. Might be a bit early yet for Christmas flights! I am keeping an eye on them myself, they have gone down slightly in past month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicharrera
19-09-2011, 23:07
For me this is one of the best pages for flights: http://www.tubillete.com/busquedaVuelo.do?codacc=INI&codpro=&serpgr=&conpgr=AE&codtse=AE&tarmba=B&chkagr=S&aerori=LON&aerdes otherwise take a look at Ryanair.com also very cheap.Have fun searching!!!!!

AL JAY
20-09-2011, 02:47
Also try travelrepublic.com i use them regularly!

bonitatime
20-09-2011, 11:02
Try different airports and try staying that little bit longer as the weeks aroung xmas and NY tend to be very cheap.

Dan747
20-09-2011, 14:42
If you can try stay out til after the school holidays you'll find a cheaper priced flight back. Outbound you are going to have to cough up though as before New Year flights out to Tenerife are expensive, it swops around after that, flights out go back to lower pricing but returns become expensive.

tracey_in_tenerife
20-09-2011, 14:49
Ive priced up 6 of us going back with monarch to manchester 20 dec - 2 Jan , it's costing us 750 return , u need to shop around

caspermatt
20-09-2011, 15:00
I allways use admiral travel in torviscas.922719078

caroletenerife
20-09-2011, 17:06
Im going to glasgow just before Christmas and coming back on the 2nd Jan, 130 all in, its with Jet2 so have a look at their website

Dan747
20-09-2011, 18:09
Ive priced up 6 of us going back with monarch to manchester 20 dec - 2 Jan , it's costing us 750 return , u need to shop around

Im going to glasgow just before Christmas and coming back on the 2nd Jan, 130 all in, its with Jet2 so have a look at their website

That is back to the UK over Christmas, the OP wants out to Tenerife, which is why the price is so high.

I've just looked at all the flights out from the 27th for a week, I'm afraid you're looking at over £300 each regardless of which airport you go from, even 'cheap' Ryanair want £400 (excluding baggage and other fees) out of East Midlands. The return fares drop after around the 9th if you could do 2 weeks.

caroletenerife
20-09-2011, 19:18
coming over on the 2nd is cheap, but i suppose thats too late...personally dont like christmas here...its just not....christmas,

delderek
20-09-2011, 19:31
Surprised people still use agents or comparison sites. If you are using "Scheduled" flights, i,e Easyjet, Ryanair, Monarch (ZB). [MON is charter] you can not get a better price than on there own website, as they pay no comission to any agent, so therefore prices are going to be higher using a middleman. On "Charter" flights you may get a better deal via an agent, but my own experience is that these charters are now well above the scheduled prices, and a lot less reliable.

Dan747
20-09-2011, 21:03
Surprised people still use agents or comparison sites. If you are using "Scheduled" flights, i,e Easyjet, Ryanair, Monarch (ZB). [MON is charter] you can not get a better price than on there own website, as they pay no comission to any agent, so therefore prices are going to be higher using a middleman. On "Charter" flights you may get a better deal via an agent, but my own experience is that these charters are now well above the scheduled prices, and a lot less reliable.

Worth noting though that comparison sites such as skyscanner.net do not have any commision and they display the flight price available direct from the carrier, allowing people to properly compare all prices. It's only actual travel agents such as ebookers and expedia that throw in their bit ontop. Amazes me too though that people still go to travel agents for flights when they can get them from the airline cheaper.

Lofty
22-09-2011, 10:28
Absolutely...
It seems so expensive to fly out just after xmas, but quite cheap to fly to the UK at the same time, i guess its another case of the UK flight companies ripping people off.
Cheers for all replies anyway....