PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favourite beach in south Tenerife and why?

slodgedad
19-09-2011, 23:00
I'm asking this as someone that doesn't like beaches but have a family group coming next week who are beach mad.

Give me some suggestions.

sunspot
19-09-2011, 23:13
del Duque beach is one of the best for me but i do think Los cristianos is perfect if kids are going,its safe,golden and near to everything........even Burger King

Chicharrera
19-09-2011, 23:14
Well easy then,Las Vistas Los Cristianos,Pto.Colon or Las Teresitas S/C......Lol.

bonitatime
20-09-2011, 08:08
Playa Fañabe is my favourite. I wouldn't reccommend El Duque to a family with children as there can be a strong undercurrent.
I also like Las Vistas but it is just that bit further away from us.

Ed3229
20-09-2011, 11:10
Easy Las Vistas for me.........6 days to go :jumping:

Bobby
20-09-2011, 11:14
Easy Las Vistas for me.........6 days to go :jumping:

I agree.......................

imablue
20-09-2011, 11:23
Playa Fañabe....local for us ...
and Las Teresitas in Santa Cruz..well worth the ride up there from the south..

lesbroz
20-09-2011, 22:49
Playa Fañabe is my favourite. I wouldn't reccommend El Duque to a family with children as there can be a strong undercurrent.
I also like Las Vistas but it is just that bit further away from us.

El Duque is great. However, it is very costly for the sunbeds and umbrellas. So would recommend Las Vistas or Fanabe.

marbro8
20-09-2011, 23:00
las vistas by far, but the one in fanabe has got like a floating dingy play thing in the harbour that looks fun for kids;)

caroletenerife
21-09-2011, 00:54
fanabe was getting a new layer of sand tonight!!!!, there is also crazy golf, trampolines, tricycle hire and as mabro says the big floats, i take people there because like you i get bored so there is plenty to do, also nice beach bars. macdonalds and burger king at either end for the youngsters

Marjan Howard
29-09-2011, 20:32
Playa del Duque for the sunbeds they're so comfy. With the kids Playa Las Vistas, safe not to many waves and whilst you there pop into Balú for a drink.:welcome:

liamog
30-09-2011, 10:20
Playa Troya is popular,
Liamog.

Suej
30-09-2011, 10:45
Can someone tell me how much it is now to hire sunbed and parasol on Las Vistas beach? I heard it was 9€? I live here but never go there! LOL!:)

mossy
30-09-2011, 12:52
Yep 9 eur for 2 sunbeds and a parasol or you can go after 6 pm and use them for free:wink:Best time of the day.

marbro8
30-09-2011, 20:25
Playa del Duque for the sunbeds they're so comfy. With the kids Playa Las Vistas, safe not to many waves and whilst you there pop into Balú for a drink.:welcome:tbh i was just saying on another thread, we walk to del duque most days and it does look fantastic but it also looks very snobby, and i would never think of having a holiday there, it looks like another world, even the cushions look about 3 times the thickness of anything else i have seen on the island lol, and i would think that that is the part of the island that pampers to the germans:wink: but not for long, they had better change their allegiance because if they keep pumping money into the Greek ecconomy they will only be able to afford to holiday in germany:eyebrows:

Davie Thistle
30-09-2011, 21:17
.............sorry to be a pain,

BUT ANY BEACH!!!!

sawrite for you lot that have the pleasure to be on my fav island FULL TIME!
just wish - YOU WOULD STOP RUBBING IT IN!!!!

:crying2:

ddoyle
30-09-2011, 22:45
I'm asking this as someone that doesn't like beaches but have a family group coming next week who are beach mad.

Give me some suggestions.

Has to be Playa La Pinta Porto Colon, good cheap parking in the car park a very safe beach €8 per day for two sunbeds and parasol. Nice walks if you get bored sun bathing €1 a pint in the Irish Rose and a lovely view from the terrace, plenty of water activities etc, what more could you ask for. Will be there in a few weeks time.:jumping:

babybadger
10-10-2011, 22:08
Well easy then,Las Vistas Los Cristianos,Pto.Colon or Las Teresitas S/C......Lol.

Agreed , Las Teresitas first, I'm biased I live near there!

Playa Fañabe....local for us ...
and Las Teresitas in Santa Cruz..well worth the ride up there from the south..

Agreed Las Teresitas in Santa Cruz!

Andy0210
10-10-2011, 22:17
Las Vistas, by the second Kiosko from McDonalds, sunbathing to die for and a 30 second walk from the best orange slush in the world at the said kiosko! :)

lozzie1821
10-10-2011, 23:02
I love the las vistas beach :-) I ALWAYS go to that one and have never ever got sunbeds as i liked to be close by the sea...
I have a pop up dora play thing for the kids to play inside/eat/sit and sleep in when they get tired..

I dont mind El Medano beach when im kid free though

Seren
12-10-2011, 17:45
:sunbathe:

Definately Las Vistas for us lovely and clean so close to the shops, beach bars for a snack or McDonalds if you want,
and two places we always end up at, one is the balu bar to chill out with a big glass of wine and watch the lovely views over the beach and the other is we always have to have a meal at the slow boat chinese!ahhhh not long till we are back! :heyhey:

Vortex Wake
12-10-2011, 17:54
In the following order

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nA_SjIdfXI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z03_Lmcrt4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5yfVqk6CyA&feature=related

astara
12-10-2011, 19:28
I love medano for the wide open spaces for the dogs to run ( at night) & the ongoing spectacle of the wind surfers, so long as you dont wander into the nudist bit in the dunes your fine !! Unless their naturists & want it obviously...

Jade22
06-11-2011, 22:07
PLaya de Las Vistas, and theres a lovely restaurant called Varadero's right near the stairs to go down to the beach, good food, friendly staff and a pint for 1 euro!

Sal
06-11-2011, 22:18
Las Vistas is our favourite beach too!

karinagal
06-11-2011, 23:52
We visited Las Vistas beach in September - I see they now have a purpose built area for the less abled visitors. Special changing rooms, walkways over the sand for electric wheelchairs and mobility scooters, their own special sun shades and specially adapted chairs to take people in and out of the water. They have attendants on hand to assist them. It must surely be one of the best wheelchair friendly beaches around!

Yurik
08-11-2011, 16:54
I like Playa Del Duque. There are great hotels and restaurants in Costa Adeje

boxergirlie
19-11-2011, 21:57
What's the normal / usual cost of sunbeds / parasols on the beaches ?