PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat Lady caught dumping kittens / Palm mar area

Pen
20-09-2011, 14:17
....we had been noticing a distinct number of kittens over a period of time lodging themselves at our front door. Living on banana plantations and open terrain, over the years myself and my 2 neighbours have taken in hunting dogs, cats, birds you name it....but unfortunately now Casa Rural is full.

So therefore when a pattern of kittens arriving near the front door occurred we all got quite suspicious. One kitten would arrive followed by its furry friend and then another, we thought maybe the mum had abandoned them from the plantation and as we feed them, they thought it was a free for all. However, these kittens came every few weeks or so....luckily we found good homes, however, this last lot, we're full to the brim. Two have now wandered off and we are left with Dave.

My story you may ask? well whilst walking the dogs we saw a lady in a car with a bag, now the road we take is deserted apart from ourselves who have keys to the land. What was she doing? wasn't sure, so himself went and asked.....dumping kittens....!!! we challenged her, she wouldn't speak to us, threw the bag and drove off. Luckily before she did drive off I managed to get hold of her and tell her in english and spanish that if we saw her again we'd follow her home and get the policia.

This lady is quite small, wirey grey brown hair, looks as though she needs a good wash and she smelt really bad. Im not sure what nationality she was but from the look on her face she certainly understood what we were saying. We've given the policia her car reg number and details....so if anyone does see her, put her in a bag and throw her out of the car.....

Cat Woman
20-09-2011, 17:42
This is so awful andI know it goes on quite a lot, we find new born kittens in bins with the unbilicle cord still attached.
Maybe she has a couple of female cats and cant afford to get them neutered so she just dumps the kittens.
If you see her again please could you find out where she lives, tell her you can put her in touch with a cat charity who will have her cats neutered. We will collect them, take them to the vets to be neutered and checked over and return them.
Im having problems sending PMs, please will you contact me via the website at the bottom of my post, my email address is in the contact link. Shes probably got a couple of exhausted females who are having 3 and 4 litters a year.:(
Sharon.