PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Astrology and Tarot Cards?

CIM
06-06-2011, 22:20
You know - star signs, cards, hocus pocus twaddle...
My missus (and plots of other Spanish and Latinos) is really into this and many of them visit their astrologer two or three times a year. They do a "map" and plot out the planets and stars and all sorts of other stuff which they can use to calculate whats going to happen in your life and give you "advice." (I use Google Sky Map on Android which is actually BRILLIANT - and real... although it does not speak of my future...)

What I really hate about this is that I often think my other half may make decisions under the influence of such utter garbage which could in turn affect MY life - and I donīt believe a friggin word of it! This makes me very angry and I discourage her from this rubbish as much as possible!

Has anything any charlatan ever told YOU come true? Do you beleive in such things? Or do you too think it is all a load rubbish?
I think some people who offer these services actually believe that they are "psychic" or whatever but most of them know they are just conning people.

MRSBEN
06-06-2011, 22:38
I know this isnt the same as what you mean, but I went to one about a month ago a medium actually it was for charity and took place in a large hall with many people attending .I have always liked this kind of thing and been to many spiritulists in the past although never had much faith in tarot cards .The night i attended I was picked on and they brought my dad to me, telling me things no one else knew. I was overcome at first then listened with great antisapation .ALL TRUE I came out feeling very good but wished id heard it earlier as I lost him sadly 14 years ago .

onelegnofeet
06-06-2011, 22:40
I went to see a Clairvoyant to see if they play pool on the otherside .After going into a trance she said "Good news and bad news " ...... good news yes they play pool on the other side ,bad news YOUR PLAYING TOMMORROW NIGHT !!!!

CIM
06-06-2011, 22:44
They never tell you anything bad - would be a lot more interesting if they did! They never say "Youīre going to fall down the stairs ****** up next week" or "Unfortunately your wife has been porking her boss at work" its always good stuff... I suppose it keeps people coming back for more...

onelegnofeet
06-06-2011, 23:02
Is there anybody there ,knock once for yes twice for no ....................IF THERE NOT THERE HOW CAN THEY KNOCK ????
Is there anybody there ,knock once for yes ,twice for no ....................WHY DID I BOTHER INSTALLING A DOOR BELL ???

lozzie1821
07-06-2011, 21:19
I am totally into all this.
I read my horoscope EVERYDAY and can sometimes plan my days around it ie avoid things or look into something more, i wont walk under ladders, i wont walk over double grids. I try not to smash a glass coz of the years of bad luck, Black cats are a big no no.
I had my future told by a man in thailand who knew nothing of me and what hed said about my past was spot on when it came to my future i can only hope he was right... ive done alot and avoided alot on what he says.. this was 3 years ago i think an up date is due...

anyone know a medium over here? x

Chicharrera
07-06-2011, 21:56
It's slightly different, but watch Tele 5 2nite and listen to the British medium Anne Germain,who speaks to the dead, then tell me if you believe or not.2nite at 11,15.

marbro8
07-06-2011, 22:20
my nephew worked at a place for a few months and one of the labourers came up to him one day and said " you play football don't you?" he said yes and the guy said "your grandad played football in a team with his brother's" my nephew said yes how do you know? he said " he is standing next to you!!!, now baring in mind his grandad had been dead for a couple of years and the guy was only in his 20's and indeed his grandad had played in a team with 7 of his brother's and cousins,so we asked him to come to our house and give us some more info, (without any payment)he told us that the table lamp in our bedroom was not faulty but my mother in law trying to get in touch with us(it had been going off and on for months) then he said "why have you switched them over?" we had used them on the landing and living room with timers when we went to tenerife and when we returned them to the bedside cabinet got the "faulty one" mixed up!! now i am a bit sceptical but that night he blew me away and he also said a few other things that no one else could have known, so i think there is something in it, what do you think????

MRSBEN
07-06-2011, 22:24
THIS WAS MEANT FOR CHICHAREEA No good on the tele, If you had been with me in real life you definetly would of belived .

Added after 4 minutes:

my nephew worked at a place for a few months and one of the labourers came up to him one day and said " you play football don't you?" he said yes and the guy said "your grandad played football in a team with his brother's" my nephew said yes how do you know? he said " he is standing next to you!!!, now baring in mind his grandad had been dead for a couple of years and the guy was only in his 20's and indeed his grandad had played in a team with 7 of his brother's and cousins,so we asked him to come to our house and give us some more info, (without any payment)he told us that the table lamp in our bedroom was not faulty but my mother in law trying to get in touch with us(it had been going off and on for months) then he said "why have you switched them over?" we had used them on the landing and living room with timers when we went to tenerife and when we returned them to the bedside cabinet got the "faulty one" mixed up!! now i am a bit sceptical but that night he blew me away and he also said a few other things that no one else could have known, so i think there is something in it, what do you think????

Totaly belive this how would they even have kown anything about the family .

Chicharrera
07-06-2011, 23:09
THIS WAS MEANT FOR CHICHAREEA No good on the tele, If you had been with me in real life you definetly would of belived .

Added after 4 minutes:

Totaly belive this how would they even have kown anything about the family .Is someone trying 2 frighten me or what....jjajajajajajaa?????????

Apollo
08-06-2011, 13:13
Nope. A load of rubbish if you ask me.
Horoscopes, tarot etc etc......just a moneymaking scheme for gullible people.
Horoscopes are all pretty generic and chances are, whatever they say, you will find SOMETHING in it which is vaguely similar to your life/current situation and VOILA - The horoscopes are correct!

Faraway
08-06-2011, 14:17
I'm totally into this - it is definitely possible to step between the two worlds. This is how Shamans work. They delve deep into the unconscious to track the source of problems for their clients, they can overwrite deep imprints in our luminous energy field which could otherwise cause health problems in the future, they can do soul retrieval and past life regressions. Check out www.thefourwinds.com for further info!

warbey
08-06-2011, 20:05
You are now at the top of My list of People to meet.

There are two bundles of things in this World.
Materialistic and Spiritual.
We all need to try and keep a Balance as best we can.

I have spent Years as a Spiritualist, passing on Messages. Pay, NO.
There are plenty Others the same.

There are also Charlatans but fewer than You think.
We dont give bad stuff because thats illegal and irresponsible.
It is also Fortune-telling which is the Future, We are tha Past to Date..

When You are told things, listen THEN choose to believe or not.
Previous Posters have done this successfuly, thats fact.
I dont think I am a Fruit Cake, and perhaps if You were to ask Stuart He might agree.

Hoping to chat very early next Year..

Suej
08-06-2011, 20:30
Nope, load of rubbish...How an earth can cards tell you anything, weīd all win at poker if they did!!!:raspberry2:

onelegnofeet
08-06-2011, 20:55
Nope, load of rubbish...How an earth can cards tell you anything, weīd all win at poker if they did!!!:raspberry2:

Of course cards can tell you things !!! You get your cards ............you know your sacked .For Example:doh:

with cheese
08-06-2011, 21:03
Of course cards can tell you things !!! You get your cards ............you know your sacked .For Example:doh:
Or 3 bullets is good in brag.

I went to see a Clairvoyant to see if they play pool on the otherside .After going into a trance she said "Good news and bad news " ...... good news yes they play pool on the other side ,bad news YOUR PLAYING TOMMORROW NIGHT !!!!
Did you win?

irishmusico
08-06-2011, 21:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P57iOTEzaDM

reggie
08-06-2011, 21:09
Sorry its complete bo--ox, just like religion, just like the after life, they pick on you because they have been asking questions about you, to whoever took you there,, its all a set up, if it was true, why dont they pick the lottery numbers, or back a horse, creepy f--kers, all of them, they want rounding up , and burning at the stake, telling people what they know they want to here, I dont charge love, but if you want to make a donation, yeh right, F--k right off

with cheese
08-06-2011, 21:14
So when would you like that reading Reggie.

reggie
08-06-2011, 21:30
So when would you like that reading Reggie.
If your that clever you should know, innit

Jackie
08-06-2011, 22:23
Never thought much of Tarot cards, had them done once and as in the clip shown above the 'reader' can pretty much make them mean anything they want to suit the person they are reading, same with Astrology. Having said that I have been to several mediums over the years, a couple where 'general' in their readings but one was very good. I visited her approx. 3 times over about 6 years and I can honestly say that the things she said were specific to me and not general as a lot of them do. She told me a few things over the years that no one knew other than me, and to be quite honest I was really shocked that she had even picked up on them as they were not 'general' things that could or even would have applied to anyone.

Yes there are some out to make a quick buck and prey on peoples emotions etc. but there are also some very good ones. I would love to have a reading done by John Edward but there is something like a 3 year waiting list just for a ticket to one of his shows and a 6 years waiting list for a one on one reading. Also wouldn't mind being read by Colin Fry.

Warbs I'd be up for a reading when you are here

with cheese
08-06-2011, 22:32
If your that clever you should know, innit
Friday 10.32 am it is then.

onelegnofeet
09-06-2011, 11:45
[QUOTE=

Did you win?[/QUOTE]

NO, i played some bloke with long hair and a beard ,he touched the pockets and they healed up !!!!:(:(:(

rosemary
09-06-2011, 13:17
The reason psychics use cards or crystals or whatever is as a conduit. It is not the cards that are giving you information.....it is you that choose them from a pack, and the psychic will interpret them. If you are meant to know some things, then you will be told. if not, you wonīt be told. Simples.

Sundowner
09-06-2011, 14:00
Sorry its complete bo--ox, just like religion, just like the after life, they pick on you because they have been asking questions about you, to whoever took you there,, its all a set up, if it was true, why dont they pick the lottery numbers, or back a horse, creepy f--kers, all of them, they want rounding up , and burning at the stake, telling people what they know they want to here, I dont charge love, but if you want to make a donation, yeh right, F--k right off

I think I must be clairvoyant................I knew you were going to say that before you said it :) You can post my cheque to................

rosemary
09-06-2011, 14:49

Thatīs the bad side of psychics - or those that call thmselves such. Like a lot of things in life there are the genuine and then there are the phonies.

And BTW. Picking lottery numbers.....well does it ever occur to you Reggie that your life may not be improved by winning millions? No, I guess not. Life is not all about money Reg.

Lovieart
09-06-2011, 15:25
I have just arrived on the Island, check out my website if you are inbterested come back to me. www.lianalovie.com
Kind regards

reggie
09-06-2011, 15:53
Thatīs the bad side of psychics - or those that call thmselves such. Like a lot of things in life there are the genuine and then there are the phonies.

And BTW. Picking lottery numbers.....well does it ever occur to you Reggie that your life may not be improved by winning millions? No, I guess not. Life is not all about money Reg.

That was an example, I dont need to win the lottery thanks, Lifes not all about looking at another life, or somebodys that is dead, this today is life, yesterday is past, tomoro is the future, Only cranks pretend to know these things, Its just not real, prove it, tell us all something on here thats going to happen, bit like that nutter that said the end of the world is nigh, twice up to now i think, Pack it in you look silly

onelegnofeet
09-06-2011, 16:42
Why do Gypsies have crystal balls ?........................so they can see themselves coming !!!

YOUNG GOLFER
09-06-2011, 16:57
Well i think it's all a load of tosh.................

rosemary
09-06-2011, 17:23
Why do Gypsies have crystal balls ?........................so they can see themselves coming !!!
"Onelegnofeet" ....mmm cant help thinking it sounds very apt. If itīs for real, my apologies.

Added after 2 minutes:

That was an example, I dont need to win the lottery thanks, Lifes not all about looking at another life, or somebodys that is dead, this today is life, yesterday is past, tomoro is the future, Only cranks pretend to know these things, Its just not real, prove it, tell us all something on here thats going to happen, bit like that nutter that said the end of the world is nigh, twice up to now i think, Pack it in you look silly

Did I say I can predict the future? I donīt think so. But I do know a man who can. Each to his own Reggie.

warbey
09-06-2011, 18:56
Reggie, I had to cancel a Service once.. Unforseen circumstances............lboom...boom..

How on Earth do You get info on someone in Leeds if Your Base is, say.Sheffield.
and if You do, how many People would work doing it. Could You afford it..????

Someone says its Tosh. Why not think that. All the better the day proof turns up.
It may NOT be what Your Wife says,,, Who knows.

Jackie, I'll keep it in mind for January next.

onelegnofeet
09-06-2011, 19:06
"Onelegnofeet" ....mmm cant help thinking it sounds very apt. If itīs for real, my apologies.

[

It was when i joined but since its now NOLEGS ...................but some people can put their foot in it !!!:fryingpan::D:DBut i thought you would have been told that by the otherside ???:angel::angel:

Faraway
09-06-2011, 19:24
Hiya and a very big welcome to Tenerife. I will definitely want to do some Ascension work with you, however are you going back to UK/Ireland or have you moved here? Can you PM me for more in-depth discussions please as we have similar aims.

with cheese
09-06-2011, 20:41
For all you disbelievers I predict, well not really predict as I have been told from a source, the following.
YOU WILL ALL BE A DAY OLDER TOMORROW, BOLLOX

CIM
09-06-2011, 20:42
I will definitely want to do some Ascension work with you
Try Mount Teide - thatīs quite an ascent!

with cheese
09-06-2011, 21:09
It was when i joined but since its now NOLEGS ...................but some people can put their foot in it !!!:fryingpan::D:DBut i thought you would have been told that by the otherside ???:angel::angel:
What you haven't got in legs mate you certainly got extra in spirit and I don't mean the other side, top bloke.

onelegnofeet
09-06-2011, 21:15
Try Mount Teide - thatīs quite an ascent!

Jordie thats quite an .................ACCENT!!

Sundowner
10-06-2011, 10:50
Knock, Knock!
Who's there?
Boo.
Boo who?
Don't cry, it's just a joke.

Jackie
10-06-2011, 11:05
Reggie, I had to cancel a Service once.. Unforseen circumstances............lboom...boom..

How on Earth do You get info on someone in Leeds if Your Base is, say.Sheffield.
and if You do, how many People would work doing it. Could You afford it..????

Someone says its Tosh. Why not think that. All the better the day proof turns up.
It may NOT be what Your Wife says,,, Who knows.

Jackie, I'll keep it in mind for January next.

I look forward to it :)

Faraway
10-06-2011, 15:07
I do it every week!

lozzie1821
13-06-2011, 16:11
Does anyone know anyone who does this sort of thing here in tenerife?
i would like to have a see what they have 2 say

Indigo
11-07-2011, 19:31
To everyone who is sceptical.....

Have you ever felt someone staring at you? I'm pretty sure everyone has...how do you explain it?

rosemary
11-07-2011, 21:00
To everyone who is sceptical.....

Have you ever felt someone staring at you? I'm pretty sure everyone has...how do you explain it?

That isnīt paranormal. It is most probably a disturbance of oneīs own electrical aura.

Goforgold
11-07-2011, 21:13

You still playing that Strip Poker Suej?? Thought you'd given it up after losing at that last session??!!! :eyebrows::eyebrows:

Indigo
11-07-2011, 22:31
That isnīt paranormal. It is most probably a disturbance of oneīs own electrical aura.

Yeah but thats probably all psychic phenomena is. I believe theres something scientific about it all...something on the quantum level maybe

rosemary
12-07-2011, 09:42
Yeah but thats probably all psychic phenomena is. I believe theres something scientific about it all...something on the quantum level maybe

Not all. I have had a very direct experience. By direct I mean I followed instructions blindly and found a missing ring. To describe this experience to others is difficult because the immensity of it is purely subjective. Hard for others to believe.

Indigo
12-07-2011, 10:30
Not all. I have had a very direct experience. By direct I mean I followed instructions blindly and found a missing ring. To describe this experience to others is difficult because the immensity of it is purely subjective. Hard for others to believe.

I've had lots of experiences too and they are amazing when they happen, but when i started researching about different things and i found out that everything in the universe is actually touching, it seems to make perfect sense to me that these things happen

Suej
12-07-2011, 12:40
You still playing that Strip Poker Suej?? Thought you'd given it up after losing at that last session??!!! :eyebrows::eyebrows:

Who said it was Strip poker??? Youīve got a dirty little mind GFG! Anyone can see that by your avatar! nuff said Iīm off topic!:ashamed::lol::lol::lol:

irishmusico
16-07-2011, 18:17
For believers and non believers alike. Psychic TV live link (http://cdn.livestream.com/embed/mypsychictv?layout=4&color=0x000000&autoPlay=true&frame)

warbey
16-07-2011, 20:36
Psychic or not. I believe this Thread illustrates the different beliefs and the reaction/s to this Subject.
I have had the Mick taken a few times, People being very surprised I am in it (so to speak)
but it always interests Me how non-believers react. Also Why They dont, and what caused Them to think that way
Trouble is, a Pack of Tarot Cards wont answer that!!!

Faraway
16-07-2011, 21:15
Tarot cards are simply cards that show the different steps in life that we all take - which is why they are so fascinating. The first card - the Fool, for instance signifies new beginnings - he is poised about to step off a cliff - he is naive and carefree and willing to go wherever life takes him. We all have these new beginnings - a house move, a new job, new partner, new car even! And so on through all the cards. They are not fortune telling cards, they cannot predict the future, all they do is to detail each step that we take in life - this is why they are so fascinating as we've all been there at some point, even the Death card. This is not usually literal death, it can be the ending of a romance, a change in fortunes etc. So when you have the cards read they just simply point the next possible steps/choices for you to make, but its always your choice - they can't tell you what to do.

WeeJake
16-07-2011, 22:58
Donīt know about Tarot but I met a lady many many years ago who had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. the woman subsequently met a spiritualist who said she had a lot of work to do before she left this world. "honest". I met her in her fourth year of remission, through a neighbour, and this lady kept trying to give me messages. Me being a big Fearty Cat wouldnīt listen, anything to do with ghost, ghouls and the dead I used to say "Count me Out". However after a number of months of persistent pestering my neighbour finally managed to get me to sit down with her. To say her fortellings were close is an understatement!! Not only did the lady tell me how my life over the following ten years were going to pan out but she, "donīt laugh" shape changed. From a 5.6ft woman, she became a small, crouched lady, My Grandmother, who, at this point had been dead around 15 years, came back to me and spoke in the familiar Gaelic Tongue she always used. (She was a farmer from Mull) Her words rang through me, in Gaelic. "Give me your hand my Darling and Iīll give you a Silver Sixpence for Luck" The same thing my gran said every time, we were leaving. I Canīt describe the whole feeling other than it was one of acceptance. "My Grandmother had Spoken". Iīve never forgotten the experience and for a total stranger to tell me what she did that night. Well all I can say is "I believe"!

CIM
16-07-2011, 23:04
Not only did the lady tell me how my life over the following ten years were going to pan out but she, "donīt laugh" shape changed.Just spat rice all over my keyboard - hahaha - Amazing!!!
We certainly get them on Saturday nights!!! Hahaha!!! :drinking:

WeeJake
16-07-2011, 23:08
"thought that would grab ur attention"!!! Never say Never!!

rosemary
17-07-2011, 12:24
Donīt know about Tarot but I met a lady many many years ago who had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. the woman subsequently met a spiritualist who said she had a lot of work to do before she left this world. "honest". I met her in her fourth year of remission, through a neighbour, and this lady kept trying to give me messages. Me being a big Fearty Cat wouldnīt listen, anything to do with ghost, ghouls and the dead I used to say "Count me Out". However after a number of months of persistent pestering my neighbour finally managed to get me to sit down with her. To say her fortellings were close is an understatement!! Not only did the lady tell me how my life over the following ten years were going to pan out but she, "donīt laugh" shape changed. From a 5.6ft woman, she became a small, crouched lady, My Grandmother, who, at this point had been dead around 15 years, came back to me and spoke in the familiar Gaelic Tongue she always used. (She was a farmer from Mull) Her words rang through me, in Gaelic. "Give me your hand my Darling and Iīll give you a Silver Sixpence for Luck" The same thing my gran said every time, we were leaving. I Canīt describe the whole feeling other than it was one of acceptance. "My Grandmother had Spoken". Iīve never forgotten the experience and for a total stranger to tell me what she did that night. Well all I can say is "I believe"!

This is amazing. If it is true. And thatīs exactly what I meant in my last post. It is virtually impossible to convince others of oneīs own psychic experiences.

But here goes......On one wet Thursday afternoon many years ago I visited a psychic in her little flat near Swiss Cottage in north London. She used the tarot cards but told me that she "saw and heard" pictures which were like a movie screen and she would stop and describe them to me as the session went on but she had no way of knowing if they were from the past , the present or the future. I was in the throes of a broken romance and needed to be cheered up I guess, but I had to laugh to myself when she began to describe in detail a wedding reception taking place at what sounded like a yachting marina on a "sun filled island" and another wedding in an English country garden but with the same people of the island connections. She said she recognised the accents, (I donīt think she actually heard what they were saying although I didnīt dare to ask her) they were English, but not from England. She followed this by a description of "a dark haired woman" who was "very domineering and would not have my best interests at heart and whom I should be very wary of". I already knew of one person who fitted this description!
After a few busy years of travelling and working I did meet a charming man and fell in love and when we became engaged he took me to visit his friends and some of his old family in Jamaica where he had been born and raised. To our delight we were there in time to attend.....yes you guessed it......a wedding reception of a close friend held at the local yacht club. Curiously I never connected the psychic and this event at this time. I had all but forgotten that reading. Until.......6 months later we were married in England and our own reception was held in an English country garden with family and friends from all over but including several with that "island connection". But even on that wedding day I was too excited and preoccupied to remember the reading. Later on when it came back to me forcibly I didnīt tell my new husband in case he thought I had manipulated the whole thing! I told him several years later and he was intrigued. But being a very prosaic type, didnīt want to go into it any further.
The dark haired woman turned out to be his very disturbed exwife, who subsequently tried unsuccessfully to break our marriage up over the course of the rest of her sad life. Hey ho.......always a dark side eh?
Those that I have told about this experience have often asked me the significance of psychic readings. Sometimes they are so full of mundane remarks and trivia. Why? What is the point they ask? And why sometimes the urgency to communicate?
My own theory is that sometimes at dark periods in our lives we need to know that there is a future! And sometimes it is just the trivia that touches a forgotten moment but makes such a strong connection. We donīt need to know it all, we donīt need to know lottery numbers (no really we donīt!) we donīt ever need and should never be told, the time and the nature of our own deaths, but sometimes it helps to realise there is simply "something else".
And always there are the genuine psychics and the charlatons.

Added after 23 minutes:

PS By the way the Tarot cards in this case were described by the psychic are her own "way in" to the other side. And it may help those reading the above to know that my husband is a white Jamaican - they do exist! Although they would be the first to say it don matter man what colour you are. And interestingly the psychic made no mention of any racial differences. Jamaica is like that anyway. A wonderful mixup.

warbey
17-07-2011, 20:34
Thankyou Rosemary. Its the trivial,say a nickname or forgotten pet that does grab us isnt it.?
Jamaica is a very special Place for Me too, even
though \My visit was,,,For a Wedding.. Very special People too.
..I now see a di9fferent Person than a few Months ago....

candy2411
17-07-2011, 20:46
Thankyou Rosemary. Its the trivial,say a nickname or forgotten pet that does grab us isnt it.?
Jamaica is a very special Place for Me too, even
though \My visit was,,,For a Wedding.. Very special People too.
..I now see a di9fferent Person than a few Months ago....

me too , Rosemary though I think I sent you a pm a while ago....