PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite tipple?

marbro8
20-09-2011, 21:07
i was just sitting here having a few beers, and wondering what drink other forum members like to unwind with when getting in from work, mine is a pint of san miguel(brewed in spain not the 5% effort brewed here in uk) with a strongbow top, and when i am full after my dinner a long southern comfort with ice :tongue:

Goforgold
20-09-2011, 21:09
Not liking alcohol very much I don't drink at home, but most days I will make a cappuchino with a dash of Baileys or something similar - the coffee here is so awful. :)

Tinkabel
20-09-2011, 21:31
Glayva for me..............or a nice glass of red.........................or a real ale...........or a vodka lemon..........or a Baileys with Ice.........or a white wine..........and the list goes on..........................:whistle:

MaxineC
20-09-2011, 21:32
Brandy... enough said!! :D

marbro8
20-09-2011, 21:41
Glayva for me..............or a nice glass of red.........................or a real ale...........or a vodka lemon..........or a Baileys with Ice.........or a white wine..........and the list goes on..........................:whistle:i have never tried glayva, seen it in the shops but always wandered what it tasted like?

Brandy... enough said!! :Dmy dads favorite is metaxa 5*****

Added after 2 minutes:

Not liking alcohol very much I don't drink at home, but most days I will make a cappuchino with a dash of Baileys or something similar - the coffee here is so awful. :)try a coffee with a splash of brandy;)

slodgedad
20-09-2011, 21:45
Johnnie Red. Wish I could afford

Tinkabel
20-09-2011, 21:47
i have never tried glayva, seen it in the shops but always wandered what it tasted like?

my dads favorite is metaxa 5*****

It's a whisky liquor but imo doesn't taste anything like whisky its so smooth and warming and has a spiced taste, reminds me of Christmas lovely on a chilly night.

Santiago
20-09-2011, 21:48
try a coffee with a splash of brandy;)

Or a brandy with a splash of coffee!

marbro8
20-09-2011, 21:53
Johnnie Red. Wish I could affordhow much is a bottle of that in tenerife ?

Added after 2 minutes:

It's a whisky liquor but imo doesn't taste anything like whisky its so smooth and warming and has a spiced taste, reminds me of Christmas lovely on a chilly night.oh rite, i have never liked whisky but if it tastes as good as it sounds i may just give it a try;)

Andrzej
20-09-2011, 22:04
I loved a Bacardi and zero coke...but since my partner is an alcoholic I have opted out to sparkling water which I realy enjoy........ as long as I have a glass in my hand ..............

sunspot
20-09-2011, 22:09
Today coffee,tomorrow Lager,vodka and coke,dry white wine, Dooleys,Baileys,Mojitos.......in fact it all depends on the mood and if i have to work the next day

Sal
20-09-2011, 22:10
Vodka and tonic for me - but I like a good brandy (never mixed) preferably Asbach.

cainaries
20-09-2011, 22:10
Well, it varies. Champagne really. On the other hand it might be a G&T or a Bloody Mary ... or champagne. Yup that's it. Haven't got any though. Cheers anyway.

MaxineC
20-09-2011, 22:11
Metaxa 5 is darn good... drank gallons of it in Greece! :D

cainaries
20-09-2011, 22:12
Vodka and tonic for me - but I like a good brandy (never mixed) preferably Asbach.

Gosh .. Asbach ... that takes me waaaay back. Forgotten all about it. Just as well probably. I agree very nice drink.

marbro8
20-09-2011, 22:13
I loved a Bacardi and zero coke...but since my partner is an alcoholic I have opted out to sparkling water which I realy enjoy........ as long as I have a glass in my hand ..............fair play:tiphat:

cainaries
20-09-2011, 22:13
Metaxa 5 is darn good... drank gallons of it in Greece! :D

Maxine, I had you down as a superior personage of excellent taste. I have tried Metaxa 9 Star and I didn't even like that. May be the sun got to your tastebuds.

marbro8
20-09-2011, 22:15
Today coffee,tomorrow Lager,vodka and coke,dry white wine, Dooleys,Baileys,Mojitos.......in fact it all depends on the mood and if i have to work the next daybloody ell chris you ave gone through the entire drinks menu there lol;)

Vodka and tonic for me - but I like a good brandy (never mixed) preferably Asbach.never heard of Asbach?

MaxineC
20-09-2011, 22:17
Maxine, I had you down as a superior personage of excellent taste. I have tried Metaxa 9 Star and I didn't even like that. May be the sun got to your tastebuds.

Cainaries, credit where it's due please.... I've tried every brandy known to mankind, and a few that weren't!! :D

cainaries
20-09-2011, 22:21
Cainaries, credit where it's due please.... I've tried every brandy known to mankind, and a few that weren't!! :D

Then you've tried the Asbach? It is VERY good. I spent several years hunting it down in obscure DF shops. And you used to be able to get it through the 'Services'. I'd forgotten about it as have been making serious and almost successful effort to give up spirits.

marbro8
20-09-2011, 22:22
Well, it varies. Champagne really. On the other hand it might be a G&T or a Bloody Mary ... or champagne. Yup that's it. Haven't got any though. Cheers anyway.champers "A" that says a lot about a girl;) never liked it, to dry for me, even if i won the lottery i think i would celebrate with a pint:D

cainaries
20-09-2011, 22:26
champers "A" that says a lot about a girl;) never liked it, to dry for me, even if i won the lottery i think i would celebrate with a pint:D
MY OH can't stand it! One of the best presents he ever bought me were two cases of champagne 'splits'. Although I can guzzle down quite a lot of booze, I can't drink a bottle of champagne on my own ... too many bubbles. But to start an evening .. nothing like it. Nowadays it's a bit of a treat.

marbro8
20-09-2011, 22:37
MY OH can't stand it! One of the best presents he ever bought me were two cases of champagne 'splits'. Although I can guzzle down quite a lot of booze, I can't drink a bottle of champagne on my own ... too many bubbles. But to start an evening .. nothing like it. Nowadays it's a bit of a treat.i never forget a few years ago one of my dodgy mates was selling bollinger champagne for Ģ15 a bottle, well it was so nice i brought about 30 cases and made a mint, but couldn't understand why it tasted so sweet? but everyone loved it, i found out a few months later that it was sweet wine from asda and he had soaked the bottles in a bath and washed the labels off then stuck the bollinger labels on:ashamed:

lesbroz
20-09-2011, 22:38
Champagne for me, but as it is a bit expensive I save it for special occasions (i.e. Weekends). So it has to be a good Rioja or Mojito.

cainaries
20-09-2011, 22:45
i never forget a few years ago one of my dodgy mates was selling bollinger champagne for Ģ15 a bottle, well it was so nice i brought about 30 cases and made a mint, but couldn't understand why it tasted so sweet? but everyone loved it, i found out a few months later that it was sweet wine from asda and he had soaked the bottles in a bath and washed the labels off then stuck the bollinger labels on:ashamed:

LOL. My grandfather was blind. He loved vintage Bollinger. My stepgrandmother decided to cut back and bought something like Waitrose best (quite a come down from Bolly). Poured him a glass and handed it over. He spat it straight out and cursed us both roundly. Gawd knows what he'd have made of the ASDA.

They used to share a split of Bolly every day at about 11 in the morning. Never drank anything else or at any time of day. He always said it set you up for the whole day and night.

marbro8
20-09-2011, 22:45
Champagne for me, but as it is a bit expensive I save it for special occasions (i.e. Weekends). So it has to be a good Rioja or Mojito.the best mojito i have ever had was in harry's bar in the saffari centre just above the fountain;)

Added after 5 minutes:

LOL. My grandfather was blind. He loved vintage Bollinger. My stepgrandmother decided to cut back and bought something like Waitrose best (quite a come down from Bolly). Poured him a glass and handed it over. He spat it straight out and cursed us both roundly. Gawd knows what he'd have made of the ASDA.

They used to share a split of Bolly every day at about 11 in the morning. Never drank anything else or at any time of day. He always said it set you up for the whole day and night.bless him lol i like a man with good taste, by the way the mate who sold it to me is now doing 4 years in winson green for ciggs smuggling:D

Ecky Thump
21-09-2011, 06:36
Today coffee,tomorrow Lager,vodka and coke,dry white wine, Dooleys,Baileys,Mojitos.......in fact it all depends on the mood and if i have to work the next day

I just knew that you were a moody old Moo, so tell me what drink I have to stock up on next week!:D

lozzie1821
21-09-2011, 10:37
when im out i have vodka, lime and soda... we call it a Skinny b**tch.

when im at home i have wine n soda or i crack open the baileys :-) x

marbro8
21-09-2011, 20:11
when im out i have vodka, lime and soda... we call it a Skinny b**tch.

when im at home i have wine n soda or i crack open the baileys :-) xmmmm sounds nice:cheeky:

Sal
21-09-2011, 20:34

I have to agree with you cainaries! We had 7 star Metaxa in Crete and it was pretty rough. Sorry Max!

bloody ell chris you ave gone through the entire drinks menu there lol;)

never heard of Asbach?

It's a German brandy produced near Rudesheim in the Rhine Valley. You can visit the distillery and have a tour with tasters too! Not easy to find in UK. :(

Goforgold
21-09-2011, 20:39
try a coffee with a splash of brandy;)

I don't like Brandy :(

Well, it varies. Champagne really. On the other hand it might be a G&T or a Bloody Mary ... or champagne. Yup that's it. Haven't got any though. Cheers anyway.

I can cope with Champagne if it has orange juice in it. :)

Added after 5 minutes:

[QUOTE=marbro8;98580
bless him lol i like a man with good taste, by the way the mate who sold it to me is now doing 4 years in winson green for ciggs smuggling:D[/QUOTE]

I'd forgotten you are a Midlander! :)

Andy0210
21-09-2011, 20:56
It has to be a Supersol Cerveza, nice beer and only 0.19c a can if bought at the right time!

marbro8
21-09-2011, 21:00
It has to be a Supersol Cerveza, nice beer and only 0.19c a can if bought at the right time!never tried it mate, but seen the threads on here when it's on offer, i know slodge is a fan, but never seen it in any of the bars:dontknow:

Added after 5 minutes:

I'd forgotten you are a Midlander! :)and what are you implying gfg:wink2:

Andy0210
21-09-2011, 21:11
never tried it mate, but seen the threads on here when it's on offer, i know slodge is a fan, but never seen it in any of the bars:dontknow:

Itīs a Hiper Dino own brand! Only sold in bottles and cans in the Super Market! And maybe the odd unscrupulous bar that buys it El Cheapo and sells it on, i know of one that used to. ;)

lozzie1821
21-09-2011, 21:31
Ive got ice cold doradas on the go & going down nicely :-D

cainaries
21-09-2011, 21:31

Added after 5 minutes:

I'd forgotten you are a Midlander! :)

Ah, but where does his mate come from, GFG, that's the question.

My ESM (Evil StepMother to the uniniated) used to drink 'Black Velvet' ... champagne and Guinness. Can you IMAGINE? Eugh.

Since there a lot of German expats here on La Palma I'm going to see if I can find some Asbach. Best Brandy I ever tried. Was trying to remember why I'd stopped drinking it when OH explained it was indeed the forgetting that was the problem.

marbro8
21-09-2011, 21:42
Ah, but where does his mate come from, GFG, that's the question.

My ESM (Evil StepMother to the uniniated) used to drink 'Black Velvet' ... champagne and Guinness. Can you IMAGINE? Eugh.

Since there a lot of German expats here on La Palma I'm going to see if I can find some Asbach. Best Brandy I ever tried. Was trying to remember why I'd stopped drinking it when OH explained it was indeed the forgetting that was the problem.to be fair he lived about 1 mile away lol and i used to go out with his sister:o, and at least 6 of my best mates have made their fortunes out of (for want of a better phrase)dodgy activities:whistle:

Goforgold
22-09-2011, 20:43
and what are you implying gfg:wink2:

I forget to look at the Avatar's and see where people are from and I just happened to see Walsall and remembered we had a 'conversation' a while back about the price of houses. My neighbour's sister lives in Pelsall :)

Chicharrera
22-09-2011, 21:15
Dorada to chill,tinto to eat and cubata or Johnnies con Red Bull to chill jjajajajjaja!!!!!
Ah an mojito isn't bad either,just depends on the mo'an the company I guess!!!!!