PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 2/3 Bed Apartment/House wanted for long let in South Tenerife

londonjimmy
21-09-2011, 10:43
Started this thread again as I can find the old thread in the forum? 5 weeks to go!! And not had any contact from anyone regarding available lets....! Should I be worried??

Hi Everyone!

Time is getting closer to us moving over 30 Oct - and we have not had much correspondence from the Alicur Sunset Apartments in Torviscas Alto - unfortunately when I last checked they were still full.

So - I need to find a house/apartment for me, my missus and 2 young children.

Ideally any area around Torviscas Bajo/Alto, San Eugino/San Eugino Alto, or Playa Fanabe. looking for a 2/3 bedroom, and in decent condition. Communal pool or so would be a plus. Looking around anywhere between €500-750 per month (is that doable?). Probably 6/12 month lease would be ideal so we can find out if the area is for us.

Anyone any info? Any estate agents out there?

Many Thanks
James

caspermatt
21-09-2011, 12:03
might be able to get u a 2 bedroom town house in chayofa, on the complex i live on, The house is for sale but i,m sure the owner would rent untill sold. the complex has 7 houses and a pool. Its a 5 min drive to san eugenio area. We also have 2 children aged 8 and 11. let me know if u want me to find out a price. ps there is a big sky dish on the complex.

londonjimmy
21-09-2011, 13:24
casper - any help appreciated. I'm finding it difficult to find anything. Whats the average amount of time for the houses to sell? Whats your internet like - forgot to put in the post above...fast internet is a must - i run a number of online businesses so need to be available 24/7! Please let me know the price and if the house is listed on any sale sites then I could have a look at pictures!

Cheers
James

rebecca1
21-09-2011, 13:29
hi im 38 and wanting or should i see needing to get away as soon as possible but every im looking its costing a large amount as im travelling alone, ideally im wanting to find somewhere in the middle of the town as im hoping to stay in the sun but every i look its 900 is there any where that does a cheap single room dont mind helping in hotel, either so very desparate for this

caspermatt
21-09-2011, 13:55
ok i will get back to you tommorow. There is internet on the complex. Ours is quite slow, but think thats the computer. aprox 7 years old.
On how long it takes to sell.
Its been on the market for over 2 years. She has dropped the price a lot so maybe that will or wont work. but i cant see it moving that quick.

Added after 15 minutes:

Hi rebecca1 not sure i have understood your mail. but if its apartments in town your looking for. You shouldn,t pay more than about 350-400€ a month. you will need a depositand rent up front. some are now asking for a work contract aswell. are you here in tenerife or wanting to come ?

studio apartment

rebecca1
21-09-2011, 14:30
hi well my plan was to come over on a holiday for 3,4 weeks and look or work, and a home for myself, but because its just me, the prices have been stupidly high, so now im trying to get over this way, lol any advice would be of help, if yoy know any one with work and a room ................well i think that you have just saved my life,
as im so frustrated as i cant seem to get over .

londonjimmy
21-09-2011, 14:31
Thanks Matt - do you know who is the selling agent for the house? Do they have a website?

Yeah rebecca - Long term lets should cost you about what matt says. 900 would be some kind of complex short term rental.

Tks.

Added after 3 minutes:

Have you saved up some cash rebecca for moving? If not you will probably find yourself returning home after those 3 or 4 weeks if you can't fund yourself beyond that. I know that the job market can be pretty difficult and unstable at the moment too so make take you much longer than 3 or 4 weeks.

caspermatt
21-09-2011, 14:43
tenerifeestateagents.net put in chayofa 3 beds and its the 1st one i think monaco villas

londonjimmy
21-09-2011, 15:07
Thanks Matt - Looks awesome. Is that fair to say the property has lost over half of its value since 2008? Do lety me know what they say and ask about internet if you dont mind! ;O)

Thanks so much!

James

caspermatt
21-09-2011, 15:14
not realy. it was not worth that to start with. We paid 280.000 for ours. I would think the value is still arround the 280 mark. It is a great buy for someone still. Owners just in a tricky position. needs to sell so has dropped the price right down. there is a good bank value because of the meters. Its a lovely prop just needs a lick of paint and a bit of tlc.

londonjimmy
23-09-2011, 12:35
Hey Matt

Any info from the owner?

Tinkabel
23-09-2011, 12:46
Have you been in touch with Young Golfer, he's an estate agent in the area you're looking for, why not send him a PM and see if he has anything suitable available. Or Look at his website here http://www.propertiesareus.com/tenerife-property-sales-rental-holiday-flights/index.php

londonjimmy
23-09-2011, 14:41
Thanks Tinkabel! Not one person who is an estate agent has sent me a message so far......so im thinking either there are no properties.....or no estate agents! LOL!

Tinkabel
23-09-2011, 14:51
Thanks Tinkabel! Not one person who is an estate agent has sent me a message so far......so im thinking either there are no properties.....or no estate agents! LOL!

He doesn't seem to be on the forum as much as he used to but plenty of people say good things about him on here, there's lots of sites to look at such as http://www.enalquiler.com, Only problem is you really need to look round somewhere first to get a feel for the place, not everywhere looks like the photo's. We booked a holiday apartment for a couple of weeks when we first moved over, this at least gave us the chance to look at the long term rental properties and areas before we decided. Good Luck

londonjimmy
23-09-2011, 15:17
Yeah I am thinking that would be good, we normally stay at the H10 but that costs us around Ł800 for the week. You have any reccomendations for holiday apartments for a few weeks? Have PMd Young Golfer! Many thanks!

James

caspermatt
23-09-2011, 15:27
Sorry i have not got back to you. I am still waiting for a reply from my email to sue the owner. and young golfer is my best mate i put him in touch with sue firstly.
As soon as i get a reply i will call you.
cheers matt

londonjimmy
23-09-2011, 15:52
No probs Matt! Look forward to see what she says. Emailed young golfer there too. Still a bit of time though! Not going to panic just yet!

caspermatt
23-09-2011, 16:02
no probs. its a deff bargin and has lost maybe 20/30% of its value but it was never worth the bank value that has been put on it in the 1st place.

CIM
23-09-2011, 16:14
no probs. its a deff bargin and has lost maybe 20/30% of its value but it was never worth the bank value that has been put on it in the 1st place.
Thanks for that Matt, that will help sell it... make sure you include that in your email to Sue!

YOUNG GOLFER
23-09-2011, 16:36
Hi just took a look at your email and will see what we can do with regards in finding something for you.......we WILL keep in touch you also have Caspermatt who owns Admiral on the case and maybe he can also help in your search.

Think with a few members now replying to this thread you might get some joy of one of us or one of the many members on here.

caspermatt
23-09-2011, 16:53
ref cim post. the man intrested is only intrested in renting it. Its an honest chat. Do u think it was ever worth 400k plus ? i know what we paid for ours.

CIM
23-09-2011, 21:22
I spoke to the owner this afternoon whilst organising some viewings on the house and they are not interested in letting it out as it will likely sell before Christmas.

londonjimmy
23-09-2011, 21:31
Hi just took a look at your email and will see what we can do with regards in finding something for you.......we WILL keep in touch you also have Caspermatt who owns Admiral on the case and maybe he can also help in your search.

Think with a few members now replying to this thread you might get some joy of one of us or one of the many members on here.

Thanks mate!

Hoping to secure something before we arrive, many thanks in advance for anything you come up with!

James

Added after 3 minutes:

I spoke to the owner this afternoon whilst organising some viewings on the house and they are not interested in letting it out as it will likely sell before Christmas.

Thats a shame CIM! In regards to the price, I was on the site and was surprised to see such a huge drop in value, thats why I asked the question. If that was the case, I haven't seen anywhere else in the world where prices have dropped like that - so was curious. Anyways - will keep hunting! Cheers!

CIM
23-09-2011, 21:55
IŽll ask around for you, I know someone who has a lot of stuff in that area. I dont touch rentals myself though.

Added after 11 Hours 39 minutes:

Here are a couple:

1 Bed Caledonia Pk. 490mth including bills
2 bed Palo Blanco phase 1 sea + pool views 650mth + Bills
2 Bed Las Brisas views of water park + sea 650mth + Bills
2 Bed Pineada nice pool area 600mth + Bills
2 Bed Las Algas 750mth including bills.
2 Bed Las Castanos, Madronal, Beautiful pool area, some sea + garden views 750mth incl.
3 Bed Los Girasoles, Madronal, Town house, no pool, drive in porch, unfurnished 850mth + Bills
3 Bed + Office / small bedroom. Villa in Ocean View , Panoramic sea views 880mth + Bills - could do with new furniture, curtains etc. Owner refuses to spend on the place and last tenants left it a bit of a mess.
4 Bed Mesetas del mar Los Cristianos. New small private pool 1500mth + 2 moths Deposit

IŽm sure Matty will be more helpful though :)

londonjimmy
25-09-2011, 23:03
Hey CIM

Thanks so much for that. Think most of these are north though? Have managed to find a few on websites, just waiting to hear something back!

Cheers
James

CIM
25-09-2011, 23:05
They are all in the South. Mainly around San Eugenio, Torviscas etc

londonjimmy
25-09-2011, 23:37
Ah, I just used google maps....must be same names. Cheers mate. So how would I be able to see pics/any details?

Many Thanks for some help!

James

CIM
25-09-2011, 23:38
Send me an email and IŽll have the agent who lets them send you the photos.

londonjimmy
28-09-2011, 14:47
hey CIM - i sent a pm to you with my email...you get it ok? Shall i resend? Cheers. James

YOUNG GOLFER
28-09-2011, 15:58
I have asked the agent with those properties to contact you. IŽll chase her up.