PDA

View Full Version : Primark coming to Adeje, Tenerife!

Nic
22-09-2011, 13:30
Has anybody else heard the rumour?!? Apparently Primark are opening their next store in the Canaries in Adeje in the new shopping centre that is being built. It should be open in February!!! I've heard it from two different people now so just wondered if anyone else had heard?!?!

Fred Perry
22-09-2011, 13:39
Has anybody else heard the rumour?!? Apparently Primark are opening their next store in the Canaries in Adeje in the new shopping centre that is being built. It should be open in February!!! I've heard it from two different people now so just wondered if anyone else had heard?!?!

New shopping center? Where??

Tinkabel
22-09-2011, 13:42

Not heard anything but hope it's true, Please let us know if you hear anything else.

uptowngirl
22-09-2011, 13:53
There is definitely a new shopping centre being built in El Galeon. Haven't heard the Primark rumour, though it would be good!!!!

ali marshall
22-09-2011, 14:14
Oh fingers crossed that the rumour is true would be great.Usually on primark.es they put if they are opening a new store,so may be worth keeping a eye out there.

MaxineC
22-09-2011, 14:14
I new shopping centre isn't due to open until late next year, so Primark certainly won't be opening in Feb! Tenerife rumour mill at it's best I suspect...;)

uptowngirl
22-09-2011, 14:27
I new shopping centre isn't due to open until late next year, so Primark certainly won't be opening in Feb! Tenerife rumour mill at it's best I suspect...;)

I know, still waiting for Carrefour, and also a new theme park to be built in the South!!! lolololo

poker
22-09-2011, 15:06
Building other side of Iceland in chafiras .

Sent using Tapatalk.

timmylish
23-09-2011, 00:00
Building other side of Iceland in chafiras .

Sent using Tapatalk.

Now THAT makes a helluva lot more sense!

Sobinia
23-09-2011, 07:43
I donot know m, much about this store... what is this all about.... And what all dos it provide.. Want to know more about it

karinagal
23-09-2011, 10:00
Morning Sobinia. Primark is a cut price clothing and household goods store that started in Ireland and moved to the UK and beyond. Their clothes and footwear are of decent quality but for those on a tight budget their prices are hard to beat. As there are a lot of people living and working on Tenerife who are not getting wages on the same level as they would get in the UK, Primark stores are very popular in the Canaries. I have a few friends in Tenerife who make the journey to Grand Canaria once or twice a year to stock up. Naturally, they would be over the moon if Tenerife finally gets it's own store.

Hope this helps? And welcome to the forum!! :D

bonitatime
23-09-2011, 10:13
I would doubt it will be in the new comercial centre as looking at it yesterday it will not be finished by then. I would dpubt the first store would be in the south. The demographics don't make sense.

londonjimmy
23-09-2011, 10:26
"I would dpubt the first store would be in the south. The demographics don't make sense." - is there not more expats in the south than the north bonitatime?

bonitatime
23-09-2011, 19:57
And why do you think their main clients are ex-pats
The shops in Madrid and Las Palmas are heaving with locals. If you are going to open a large store it makes more sense to open in a big city.

londonjimmy
23-09-2011, 21:17
And why do you think their main clients are ex-pats
The shops in Madrid and Las Palmas are heaving with locals. If you are going to open a large store it makes more sense to open in a big city.

Good point bonitatime! I actually didn't realise there was as many stores in spain, i think i've confused it with Germany, my company financed the UK expansion a few years ago but havent kept up since then with them. Anyways, the missus likes visiting but everything I get from there falls apart for some reason..! Can't beat them for price though! :wink2:

Greg
23-09-2011, 21:31
do they have an Armani section?

tonypub
23-09-2011, 21:32
do they have an Armani section?primarni 4 u mate

Nic
23-09-2011, 21:34
Gran Canaria here i come!! Went over for the summer clothes for the kids (you can't beat them for value and for kids clothes the prices are unbeatable, they grow so fast so it's worth going over just for Primark). Going tomorrow on the ferry for the winter shopping....76€ two adults residents and car (and the two kids but they don't pay cause they're under 3 years). wooohooo, just hope the seas are kind to me ;oS

bonitatime
26-09-2011, 17:37
I am looking to go in November. A friend and my daughter will be going with me.

mystarry13
27-09-2011, 10:14
We had a customer who told us that her boyfriend n his mate were working on the building in Adeje n he told her Primark was one of the shops going to be in there.....who knows????

bonitatime
27-09-2011, 11:56
I would really like it if its true. Not sure my other half would though

soren lorenson
27-09-2011, 18:50
I would really like it if its true. Not sure my other half would though

Ha Ha me too! Adeje could do with some good shops, My husband and I were saying for a shopping centre to be successful in Adeje it would need a good well known supermarket or store to draw people there. Primark could be the answer, .................please? hope so

bonitatime
27-09-2011, 19:04
There was talk before the crash that the new centre would have a hipercor but not sure if that is still true.

Jackie
27-09-2011, 19:48
Well who knows...this is Tenerife after all. In May last year several of us bombarded Primark with emails regarding them opening a branch in Tenerife and we were told that they were 'actively looking for a location'. All I can say is 'HURRY UP'.....

Nikki1
27-09-2011, 22:24
has anyone heard about the new primark they are putting in adeje?

Nikki1
27-09-2011, 22:31
doesnt say anything on primark website, as it did when they opened the one in gran canaria so if they are thinking of it i would say its a long while off!!!!!!

Saltnpepper
05-10-2011, 00:37
In the meantime ladies, why don't you try Numero Uno? Cheap clothing, different brands including Etam, Cortefiel & Blanco etc, also some Guess clothing - mens, women & children - San Isidro, Gran Sur, Los Cristianos & Playa Faņabe in Tenerife South - check it out! It's my favourite shop!!