PDA

View Full Version : Is the La Gomera excursion worth doing?

cazbaz
22-09-2011, 14:07
Hi all - looking for a bit of advice please re the La Gomera excursion - all opinions gratefully received!

Malteser Monkey
22-09-2011, 14:14
La Gomera is a spectacular place - I cannot advise on the excursions but I would recommend going - make sure you have your camera !

Susief
22-09-2011, 14:55
We did the full day excursion a few years ago to La Gomera and was a great day with fantastic scenery. Had lunch provided in cost.

Only downside for me was the getting on and off the coach, was fed up by end of day! Also not good if you suffer with travel sickness as some of roads have lots of curves and bends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddoyle
22-09-2011, 15:19
Went on the trip last year well worth it, a very enjoyable day out, make sure you bring your camera.

atlantico
22-09-2011, 15:24
whats the name of the best hotel there and where's the best deals to get a weekend break ?

ah, its Hotel Jardin Tecina . . . where's best website to book ferry and hotel room ? anyone ??

or even just to book cheap ferry

BobMac
22-09-2011, 15:45
Hi all - looking for a bit of advice please re the La Gomera excursion - all opinions gratefully received!

We did it a couple of years ago and it is well worth doing.

We actually booked the ferry ourselves and took our hire car across (with Hire Company's permission), but at that time there was an option to book the catamaran ferry with a day's car hire on Gomera as an inclusive day package.

uptowngirl
22-09-2011, 19:44
email the office on info@tenerifesunshine.com

We usually have some great deals on.. Give us as much information as possible, ie board basis, dates, number of people etc etc

For the day excursion, all information on our website www.tenerifesunshine.com/excursions

La Gomera is absolutely beautiful, I did a great trip for 4 days last year to the Tecina.

Cairo
22-09-2011, 20:05
whats the name of the best hotel there and where's the best deals to get a weekend break ?

ah, its Hotel Jardin Tecina . . . where's best website to book ferry and hotel room ? anyone ??

http://www.fredolsen.es/en-us/

Discount available with Residencia :)

Sal
22-09-2011, 20:28

We went this year and it was an amazing experience! If you like fantastic landscapes and scenery unspoilt by development I would recommend it.

madat
22-09-2011, 20:45
i was living 13 years in la gomera,
the nicest part is the north because its green.........
hotel tecina is very nice but i dont like so much santiago.
the chhepest ferry is the armas......fred olsen is very expensive.
valle gran rey is a nice place and the have nice apartments and hotels.....
the nature is fantastic and you have a very nice forest......

CaribeCelt
22-09-2011, 20:54
Well worth the visit, done it in February and had a great day..heres a few pics.

cazbaz
23-09-2011, 09:23
Thank you for the comments and pictures - looks like we will be going to La Gomera!!!

Liz and Mike
24-09-2011, 09:17
Hi Cazbaz

We went on the one day La Gomera trip. We always kept saying 'we must go' but never got round to it so decided to actually go last time we were over.

The cheapest deal we could find was in the booking agent next to Goodfellas restaurant on the beachfront in Los Cristianos.

We thoroughly enjoyed the trip and think it is a must do, but, personally, I think now we've done it we wouldn't make another trip to La Gomera. It's a very interesting trip, you get to find out all about the island and why it's so green, why there always seems to be a little cloud over La Gomera's peak and the local culture including a demonstration on how they used to communicate by whistling across the hills. You'll also get a lunch included. Costs vary depending on what day you go and if you get the fast ferry or not. Do remember to bring warm clothing as it gets really cold at the top in the forrest. I had a cardigan with me and I was still cold - could have done with a jacket and long trousers!

The views are spectacular and it's also really interesting to see the perspective of Tenerife and Teide from La Gomera.

I hope this helps.

Liz

cazbaz
24-09-2011, 09:58
Hi Cazbaz

We went on the one day La Gomera trip. We always kept saying 'we must go' but never got round to it so decided to actually go last time we were over.

The cheapest deal we could find was in the booking agent next to Goodfellas restaurant on the beachfront in Los Cristianos.

We thoroughly enjoyed the trip and think it is a must do, but, personally, I think now we've done it we wouldn't make another trip to La Gomera. It's a very interesting trip, you get to find out all about the island and why it's so green, why there always seems to be a little cloud over La Gomera's peak and the local culture including a demonstration on how they used to communicate by whistling across the hills. You'll also get a lunch included. Costs vary depending on what day you go and if you get the fast ferry or not. Do remember to bring warm clothing as it gets really cold at the top in the forrest. I had a cardigan with me and I was still cold - could have done with a jacket and long trousers!

The views are spectacular and it's also really interesting to see the perspective of Tenerife and Teide from La Gomera.

I hope this helps.

Liz

Hi Liz and Mike

Many thanks for your reply and tips re what to wear - great help! :tiphat:

Carol

Saltnpepper
12-12-2011, 19:49
Is there anything to see in San Sebastian itself? We're going over for the day but won't have a car over there ... or is there a good bus service around the island? Thanks!

Liz and Mike
14-12-2011, 19:25
Hi Saltnpepper.

San Sebastian is very cute and very small. So, you can definitely get by without a car and could walk round it in half an hour non stop. Just a few streets really. There are a few historic places of interest - church, museum, tower etc.

So, if you don't fancy doing a trip round the island, you could go to these places, have a wander round the shops and then a leisurely lunch!

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Liz

sunsure
14-12-2011, 23:26
Hi Saltnpepper
Fred Olsen were doing a fantastic deal in June. We took the 2 boats over to San Sebastian and then on to Santiago. Got a taxi to the hotel {also owned by Mr O) stayed 2 nights dinner B & B and 2 rounds of golf ...all for 240 euro each. Best value ever. The golf over there is awesome. I have never seen views like it.
Truthfully there isn't a lot in San Sebastian so if you are a regular I would keep watching for offers and then go. We will definitely be going back for a 2 day break.

obs
04-02-2012, 00:08
Spot on again Giff old boy !!

Adocros
03-04-2012, 20:56
Hello, Coming for hols in mid June (2 of us); is it too early to book for Tenerifesunshine.com La Gomera excursion?

emskie
04-04-2012, 12:37
If you get your booking in now you wont incurr any price increase that may happen for the summer:)

Faraway
04-04-2012, 13:06

I used to live in La Gomera - before the Jardin Tecina was built - and although its a big, beautiful place, I would still rate the Parador above San Sebastian as one of the best hotels I have ever been in - and I've been in a lot of 'em lol. If you check their website and become an "amigo" you can sometimes get 2 nights for the price of one, plus various offers. Their food is also the best I have ever had!

The La Gomera trip is well worth doing as its a hard place to get around and even I get lost sometimes, I know its a pain getting on and off the bus but at least you have a guide, you get to see the places you need to see and lunch is included with a demonstration of Silbo - the whistling language over there - which is now being taught in schools again. All in all, I would much rather live there than here, but unfortunately the jobs are here!

Adocros
04-04-2012, 13:26
If you get your booking in now you wont incurr any price increase that may happen for the summer:)
Thank you, bookings completed for two excursions.

angeldrawers
04-04-2012, 15:02
I wouldnt get too excited about the "3 course lunch" and the people who were doing the whistling demo looked totally ****** off .I couldnt wait to get back to tenerife i found the place really claustrophobic and depressing :goodluck:

mariben
06-04-2012, 19:44
We went a few years ago and had a great time, its a beautiful Island well worth the visit.