PDA

View Full Version : Real Madrid B vs CD Tenerife - Sun 9th October 2011

Fred Perry
22-09-2011, 16:53
REAL MADRID b vs CD TENERIFE

SUNDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2011
KICK OFF 11AM (MIDDAY MAINLAND)

LIVE ON TV CANARIAS

Quite a few travelling to this one which will be played at the "Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano" which is located at the Real Madrid Sports City(near airport)

Fred Perry
22-09-2011, 22:33
Match Confirmed Dave. I think a few more will be going now. I will book flights tomorrow. Either going Sat. afternoon from North and returning Sunday evening to south. Or going Sunday on first flight (07.15) from North, with no delay should be in madrid by 10(which will be 11am in mainland, one hour before)

Problem is can´t get a return from south back to south or North back to North. Perhaps get a bus from south airport to North airport, leave car there and then return sunday night to south airport.

There is a flight Sunday afternoon Tenerife to Madrid for, wait for it ; 2.80€ !!!!!!!!! ALL IN!!!!!!! Too late for us but amazing price!!!!!!!!!!

KirstyJay
23-09-2011, 07:45
I will miss it, as I touch down in Madrid at 12pm on the 9th :( By the time I get out of the airport to the match, it'll be over! I may as well keep my original flight back.

OST
23-09-2011, 09:19
Whats the game for, Copa del Rey or what?

Fred Perry
23-09-2011, 10:10
Whats the game for, Copa del Rey or what?

We got knocked out the Cup a month ago! League game.

Kirsty; you touch down at midday? You will probably fly over the stadium as it is close to airport, can you take a pic of us from 1000ft? What time do you fly on to Tenerife?

gazza
09-10-2011, 11:19
http://www.rtvc.es/television/enDirecto.aspx?canal=tv
internet feed here

Slim Angel
09-10-2011, 11:50
Half Time. Losing 1 - 0.

FinnKris
09-10-2011, 11:57
Cheers gazza for the link, yeah 1-0 to RM Castilla at half time after a penalty given against Kitoko for handball. The stream is a bit dodgy for details, but looked fair enough. Kitoko lucky in a way to stay on (got yellow for the handball), he should have had a yellow card earlier but that was incorrectly given to Marcos.

Tenerife started brightly I thought, had most of possession first 20-25 mins, could have gone ahead from a fee kick which was excellently saved by the keeper, looked to be heading for top corner. After this though RMC got into the game, got the penalty & looks dangerous on the counter, young quick guys, both Kitoko & Marcos struggling to keep up in the center of midfield.

We need a big second half, Kiko Raton upfront too much alone for my money, need someone there with him.

Slim Angel
09-10-2011, 12:06
Just when you think it can't get any worse, now 2 - 0.

FinnKris
09-10-2011, 12:11
Yes, early goal for RM Castilla, the very last thing we needed, missed exactly what happened but defense split wide open for that one & RMC now smelling blood...

Added after 14 minutes:

And now 3-0 after a really cheap goal to concede, should have been a fairly simple routine save for the goalie Sergio but he somehow managed to make a mess of it. Weird change as well after this, V Bravo off who for me was one of the best players for us & one of the few who contributes creatively. I would have taken off Ferran Tacon instead who has been almost invisible all day (not sure who came on).

Dandy Don
09-10-2011, 12:43
3-1 now.

Good footage of the travelling support after the goal.

FinnKris
09-10-2011, 12:59
Well, that was disappointing, 3-1 to RM Castilla the final score. That third goal we gave away was really a killer, always going to be tough to get anything from the game after that.

Admittingly I have only seen this game plus the second half of the away game to Getafe so far this season, but we really seem to struggle to create goal scoring chances from open play (goal today came from a free kick), away from home at least. Hopefully this isn’t the case at home (you guys who go to the games obviously know this better) as we need to keep winning at home to stay in the hunt.

bonitatime
09-10-2011, 19:37
We are away again next weekend against La Roda ..http://tapatalk.com/mu/501b6694-e9e9-34d8.jpg

Chayofa Tete
10-10-2011, 07:39
Lets hope we can pick up something next weekend as relying on just our home form will not be good enough to get us out of this league,however still a long long way to go.

redarrow
10-10-2011, 14:41
I disagree about the penalty. The ball was moving away from the goal and looked like ball to hand. I did think however our tactics were a bit rubbish. We were too far up the field and the second goal was down to a combination of Meji being out of position and Sergio's lack of anticipation. He should have been off the line a lot quicker.

Both teams we have lost away to however, are in the top six. I am a bit worried that every time we go behind, we don't seem to be able to raise our game.

I think Zazo is strong though. Perhaps time to give him a run.

bonitatime
10-10-2011, 18:41
Listening to other refs on the radio they said it shouldnt have been a penalty.

Fred Perry
10-10-2011, 21:58
Another top trip to the mainland to follow CD Tenerife (with the usual result :ashamed:)

The Madrid B game was not a "planned trip" as such but when the game time & day were confirmed and the flight prices were not too bad we decided to go for it.

On arrival in Madrid it was cool to say the least but I did not have room in my bag for a jacket or jumper as it was stuffed with Tenerife flags :nono:)
It became quite clear that I would not make a concert that I was eyeing up beforehand (The Jam Tribute band with original member Bruce Foxton called From The Jam) as time was running on. We eventually found our hotel close to Barajas Airport and found other friends that had travelled out earlier in the day. In a restuarant we bumped into the British Arm Wrestling Squad that were in Madrid for a competition and yes, you´ve guessed it after a few beers they predictablly started to arm wrestle across the table :crylaughing:

After a late night daze of Mahou Beer the next day was marked by a fantastic clear blue sky. We made our way to the stadium with a South American taxi driver insisting that we wanted to go the Bernabeu (he thought stupid tourists wanted to take a tour of the stadium probably) but we finally got him to drop us off at the Estadio Di Stefano where Real train and the b team play. He ripped us off on the fare so one of us knicked his taxi sign :welcome:.

Quite scandalously really on entrance all Canarian flags carried by Tenerife fans were confiscated by the security (orders of Real Madrid).
We made our way inside and the banners were erected. Good stadium to display flags etc but having the cameras on our side was bad news.
As for the game itself, good start by Tenerife but Real came back into the game with the help of the card happy ref. The penalty, well, seen them given but it was just unlucky really.

At 2-0 down manager Calderon made in my opinion bad subtitutions as he just replaced "like for like" on the ptich when it was clear that a dramatic change of tactics were needed to get back in the game. As the third was scored by the home side it was game over; I thought it could get embarrasing.:mad:

The last quarter saw a mini fightback. We pulled a goal back,pressured more than the previous hour and almost sneaked another goal. But it was´nt to be. Nice to see the players applaud the travelling 200 Tenerife fans and although everyone was not best pleased with the performance most sang and cheered for the team at the end.

http://i53.tinypic.com/ay6cr9.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/apb5ns.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/24qvdll.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/k16mo1.jpg

Fred Perry
11-10-2011, 15:35
Not sure who that is in the last foto but it would have felt a lot better for him if he had had his kilt on. Plenty kilts here in Alicante but can Scotland do it?????

Spain playing more or less 2nd eleven tonight but still ofcourse some great players. I think the only thing you can hope for is that the Czech´s lose(which is more than possible).