PDA

View Full Version : Why has the Pet info thread been moved?

Cat Woman
06-06-2011, 23:37
Hi,
Its just taken me a while to find the pet info section.
If someone new is looking for the Pet Info section, its not on show anymore, unless they go into 'Living in & Moving to Tenerife'
I feel it really needs to be on the Forum home page with its own heading.
A lot of good comes from the pet section.
What do other members think?
Thanks,
Sharon.:)

slodgedad
07-06-2011, 00:02
Hi,
Its just taken me a while to find the pet info section.
If someone new is looking for the Pet Info section, its not on show anymore, unless they go into 'Living in & Moving to Tenerife'
I feel it really needs to be on the Forum home page with its own heading.
A lot of good comes from the pet section.
What do other members think?
Thanks,
Sharon.:)

Sorry that it's a problem at the mo. We are doing a bit of juggling.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

We've been a tad over a week now and all are working their socks off.

It's beginning to look very professional now though, don't you think?

caroletenerife
07-06-2011, 00:02
took me a while but i found it, If i cant find something i just post in General and let a mod move it if they want to

Cat Woman
07-06-2011, 09:29
Hi Caroletenerife,
It took you a while to find it and you've been using the Forum for ages.
I just feel it needs to be more prominent, the pet posts are getting lost amongst all the others.
As Slodgehead said they are doing a bit of juggling and Rome wasnt built in a day.
Thay are all doing a good job and the Forums looking brillliant again!
.......................except for the Pet section!!;)

KirstyJay
07-06-2011, 10:32
You could argue that about all threads though... what decides what is allowed to be more prominent than another? Another member may consider their house sale, or apartment rental important too...

The threads are in exactly the same place, however instead of having a 'section' they have a prefix. Pet prefixes are in Living or moving to Tenerife, as they were before, using the 'Pets and Vets' prefix.

Unfortunately there are so few threads in each section that it really damages the forum's SEO to have several different sections, hence why we are using prefixes instead. It also damages the SEO of your thread if the forum's SEO is rubbish, so if you are worried about getting your thread 'seen', this is actually a lot better now than it was previously.

Charity stuff has the 'Charity' prefix in Notices and events. If you click on a prefix it will narrow the page to just threads using the same prefix (in the same way you would go into a forum section before) and clicking it again will revert to full forum view, so it has not changed the way the forum functions or the sections, but it will improve the SEO and to be honest, that is the most important thing for the forum's growth at present, as we have to try and get it back to what it was.

Once the sections have enough threads to warrant being split again, we will do it, but for the moment it has to be done in this way. I'm sorry if this is disappointing, but there's no favouritism in it :)

Cat Woman
07-06-2011, 11:03
once the sections have enough threads to warrant being split again, we will do it, but for the moment it has to be done in this way. I'm sorry if this is disappointing, but there's no favouritism in it :)

Thank You !! ;)