PDA

View Full Version : Men... What do you wear, Speedos or Shorts...?

KirstyJay
22-09-2011, 22:19
In reply to the 'bikini' thread,

Blokes... what do you wear? Speedos or shorts? I personally think that one must NOT wear speedos unless one has a 6 pack... and not of Doradas ;) :D

It has to be this...

Not this....!

dokgolf
22-09-2011, 22:27
Billy Connolly said of Speedos that "it makes your mickey look like a baby's arm hanging out over the side of the pram"! Shorts for me, I haven't either the body or the ego for Speedos!

imablue
22-09-2011, 22:28
yep that me ..........i,m in that bracket..........

karinagal
22-09-2011, 22:30
Speedos - budgie smugglers - banana hammocks..... are acceptable in most cases but thongs.... (not the flip flop kind..) are just plain wrong on the larger man.... Especially if the wearer bends over to pick something up...... Ass flossing..... Yeuch!!

kieraj
22-09-2011, 22:32
my other half WILL always wear shorts on my advice, would look a treat in speedo's , I won't post a pic it may offend x

dokgolf
22-09-2011, 22:36
yep that me ..........i,m in that bracket..........

:D Which?:D

lozzie1821
22-09-2011, 23:17
I totally agree with you here kirstyJay...

The male species should not wear speedos unless A a small boy in which case speedos or shorts dont matter or B they have the body to pull it off...

I would rather see a heavy woman in a bikini than a heavy man in speedos..

My ex who has a fantastic body took me the beach when we 1st got together i thought nothing of it till i noticed my boyf was wearing a thong like speedo!!
I burst out laughing in shock as i wasnt expecting it but i did enjoy being the girlhe was all over on the beach whilst other girls just got to look!
I believe this is similar 2 how i looked all day!! :raspberry2:

KirstyJay
22-09-2011, 23:27
Speedos - budgie smugglers - banana hammocks..... are acceptable in most cases but thongs.... (not the flip flop kind..) are just plain wrong on the larger man.... Especially if the wearer bends over to pick something up...... Ass flossing..... Yeuch!!

What? Like this.... :D :rofl: :v2:

atlantico
23-09-2011, 00:40
well . . . . . i wear Speedos . . . . But I think you're referring to the 'style' not brand name, as mine are always 'trunks' not 'knickers' style !

karinagal
23-09-2011, 09:47
What? Like this.... :D :rofl: :v2:

YES (unfortunately) exactly like that!! Ewwww.. Bit like the Simpsons episode where Homer puts one on and it disappears so he repeats the process saying "I don't know where they're going but I hope it's a good place" (or something like that!!) :D

TOTO 99
23-09-2011, 10:29
My trunks were Speedo but when I went in the water the "S" came off..:laugh:

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 16:41
well . . . . . i wear Speedos . . . . But I think you're referring to the 'style' not brand name, as mine are always 'trunks' not 'knickers' style !

I'm a bit confused ??? What's the difference between the trunk style Speedo and the 'knicker' type? Can someone post pics please so I can see.

atlantico
23-09-2011, 17:03
speedo 'smalls' and speedo 'large' . . . . and 'knickers'

http://www.acasports.co.uk/images/products/full/speedo_trunks_sportsbrief.jpg = 'smalls' / briefs

http://www.body360.co.uk/shopimages/products/thumbnails/Speedo_Endurance_4c08e97610bce1.jpg = trunks

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/ho/hom-fredy-string.jpg = 'knickers' / G Strings

DJ Dangerous
23-09-2011, 17:07
Shorts, only shorts... Speedos just can't keep the package secure...

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 17:14
speedo 'smalls' and speedo 'large' . . . . and 'knickers'

http://www.acasports.co.uk/images/products/full/speedo_trunks_sportsbrief.jpg = 'smalls' / briefs

http://www.body360.co.uk/shopimages/products/thumbnails/Speedo_Endurance_4c08e97610bce1.jpg = trunks

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/ho/hom-fredy-string.jpg = 'knickers' / G Strings

Well with a bottom like that, I prefer the 3rd picture ;)

I heard on the radio ages ago that it was a no, no for men to wear the Speedo type briefs and so I told OH he had to get something else to wear (he is very slim by the way) but when I went to the gym everyone was wearing the brief type. There was only one old man wearing some horrible yellow shorts!

Now I do keep checking these men out every time I go swimming, purely for research purposes of course, and virtually no-one wears shorts for swimming.

Men - where what you want. Women do and you don't half see some sights!! :)

YOUNG GOLFER
23-09-2011, 17:16
Shorts now since i have been married wife told me i should not show off.;)

karinagal
23-09-2011, 17:34
Shorts, only shorts... Speedos just can't keep the package secure...

I..... erm.... ahem..... speechless for once!!!!!! ;)

marbro8
23-09-2011, 19:29
i have always worn shorts, but have brought some speedo trunks to try in october, i tried them on to show my inlaws what they looked like last week and my sister in law shouted out " oh look you can see his little helmet" so i think i will leave them at home:o

doreen
23-09-2011, 19:37
And just what was Daniel Craig wearing that time .... cue picture, pretty please ;)

KirstyJay
23-09-2011, 19:48
And just what was Daniel Craig wearing that time .... cue picture, pretty please ;)Well... if you insist! :D

It would have to be these...

or these!...

or these...

:whistle:

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 20:03
Well... if you insist! :D

or these!...

or these...

He seems to have a bit of an itch?! :)

i have always worn shorts, but have brought some speedo trunks to try in october, i tried them on to show my inlaws what they looked like last week and my sister in law shouted out " oh look you can see his little helmet" so i think i will leave them at home:o

We're over in October - whereabouts will you be wearing them and I'll see if your sister in law is right!! ;)

marbro8
23-09-2011, 20:08
He seems to have a bit of an itch?! :)

We're over in October - whereabouts will you be wearing them and I'll see if your sister in law is right!! ;):crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing: class

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 20:13
:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing: class

and you'll be swimming where ?? :swimming:....:wow:

marbro8
23-09-2011, 20:16
and you'll be swimming where ?? :swimming:....:wow:the compostella beach, i just hope it's a heated pool:D

warbey
23-09-2011, 20:24
It must be Shorts.

Always easy if You have an itch..

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 20:24
the compostella beach, i just hope it's a heated pool:D

Dates please ;)

marbro8
23-09-2011, 20:32
Dates please ;)7th october-17 october 9 of us, first time we have been away together as a family since we all went to turkey about 5 years ago, me the wife her sister and hubby, 4 of their kids and the one's girlfriend

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 20:36
7th october-17 october 9 of us, first time we have been away together as a family since we all went to turkey about 5 years ago, me the wife her sister and hubby, 4 of their kids and the one's girlfriend

We're out around that time - keep a look out, you never know who'll be watching !! ;)

Sounds as though you'll all have a great time together. Let's hope the weather brightens up by then!! Mind you, it probably has by now.

marbro8
23-09-2011, 20:42
We're out around that time - keep a look out, you never know who'll be watching !! ;)

Sounds as though you'll all have a great time together. Let's hope the weather brightens up by then!! Mind you, it probably has by now.lol ye looking forward to it(even the arguing) i didn't know the weather had been bad? where are you staying?

Santiago
23-09-2011, 20:43
Well... if you insist! :D

or these!...

or these...

Where did you get all these pictures from, Kirsty? Made me come over all unnecessary!

Sundowner
23-09-2011, 20:51
Very few men have the body to wear speedos.......................but I can honestly say I am not one of them:)

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 21:25
lol ye looking forward to it(even the arguing) i didn't know the weather had been bad? where are you staying?

Palm Mar with the tumbleweed :)

henry
23-09-2011, 21:40
humm?? speedo or shorts... thatīs a very good question!!! for all the ladies members thinking of me of speedo or shorts. all i going to said is LETīS YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD!!! bazinga!!!!

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 21:47
humm?? speedo or shorts... thatīs a very good question!!! for all the ladies members thinking of me of speedo or shorts. all i going to said is LETīS YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD!!! bazinga!!!!

My mind is running wild Henry, very wild!! ;)

I'm off for a lie down, too much excitement for one day with this thread!! :)

ali marshall
23-09-2011, 22:28
My other half wears speedos,i hate them,ewww,if i could burn them without him missing them i would lol.You can see everything in them and he always says no one looks,okay of course not lol.I mean if women wore bikinis what showed off there camel toe would men not look?????

Okay 6 pack and nice tanned body very nice but gets a stage when i think ,no this just does not look nice.Find it very old fashioned and it reminds me of men that use to wear them with the big medallion necklaces ewww,as my dad says get rid of the budgie hammock.

Goforgold
24-09-2011, 07:15
Where have I been all these years? I'm hearing expressions I've never heard before!! Camel's Toes? Budgie Smugglers? Hilarious!

I still say if men are wanting to do 'proper swimming' then Speedos are the order of the day.

I'm off to the gym in a while and I'll look out for the Budgie Smugglers!! Well after all this talk, where else would I be looking? I don't think I'll be able to look a Speedo wearer in the face again!! :crazy:

dokgolf
24-09-2011, 11:32
Where have I been all these years? I'm hearing expressions I've never heard before!! Camel's Toes? Budgie Smugglers? Hilarious!

I still say if men are wanting to do 'proper swimming' then Speedos are the order of the day.

I'm off to the gym in a while and I'll look out for the Budgie Smugglers!! Well after all this talk, where else would I be looking? I don't think I'll be able to look a Speedo wearer in the face again!! :crazy:

:crylaughing::crylaughing:Where will you be looking then?? :crylaughing: I just hope I don't do the same next time I meet a bloke in Speedos:ashamed:

marbro8
24-09-2011, 12:00
:crylaughing::crylaughing:Where will you be looking then?? :crylaughing: I just hope I don't do the same next time I meet a bloke in Speedos:ashamed:i did last time we were over, there was this old spanish guy(about 80) with the tightest smallest you have ever seen, and it looked like he had an elephants trunk holding an apple down there, and i thought "what a waste":crylaughing:

Goforgold
24-09-2011, 16:07
Right!! I went specially into the swimming area after the gym to do my research, a bit difficult because I couldn't sit with my prescription goggles on in the jacuzzi and so everything was a bit blurred!!

It was a shame because there wasn't the usual amount of men there today, but the few I did see were wearing 'shorts'. Mind you all of them were well overweight and Speedos would have disappeared in the rolls of fat!! I have to say being overweight even in shorts, isn't a good look!!

I will force myself to go back Monday and check a few more out! ;)

KirstyJay
24-09-2011, 18:14
Where did you get all these pictures from, Kirsty? Made me come over all unnecessary!Google images. Fantastic :D

sunseeker
24-09-2011, 18:53
bloody hate speedos. germans seem to like wearing them on the beaches here in tenerife. none of them seem to have the body for it though. lol

Goforgold
24-09-2011, 18:58
I can't stand those 'long' legged shorts, if you know what I mean. :)

sunseeker
24-09-2011, 19:03
I can't stand those 'long' legged shorts, if you know what I mean. :)i know exactly what you mean. :v2:

Goforgold
26-09-2011, 09:46
My OH is very slim and still wears Speedos, but to bow down to all you Speedo haters, we've ordered him some Speedo shorts - they'll be here in time for our hols :)

1 of Speedo Men's Endurance and Classic Aquashort - Black Size 34"

Shipping Carrier: Royal Mail
Ship Date: September 26, 2011
Shipping Speed: Standard

Goforgold
29-09-2011, 18:11
Speedo update - no, I haven't been looking for Budgies, that's on Saturday!! However, OH's new Speedo swim shorts arrived today - WOW!!! They are much sexier than the Speedo briefs and they aren't those horrible things with long legs either - fantastic. ...........:inlove:

Thanks very much for this thread - I would never have known about them.

Suej
29-09-2011, 18:17
My OH does both! he putīs speedos on to sunbathe then puts shorts on to go swimming or walk around! Hmmm!:wink:

I prefer shorts on my OH!

Malteser Monkey
29-09-2011, 18:22

as opposed to off ?:crylaughing:

:cheeky: sorry - I couldn't resist

Suej
29-09-2011, 18:26
as opposed to off ?:crylaughing:

:cheeky: sorry - I couldn't resist

What and let the budgie out you mean!!!!:lol::p

Goforgold
29-09-2011, 18:42
My OH does both! he putīs speedos on to sunbathe then puts shorts on to go swimming or walk around! Hmmm!:wink:

I don't think your OH would be walking around in these Speedo shorts - they are very short, not the sort to go walking around the streets, very sexy!! ;) If your OH does wear this type for walking around, can you let me know when he's out please? :) - for research purposes only of course!! :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedo-Mens-Endurance-Classic-Aquashort/dp/B001DMQAU8

Suej
29-09-2011, 18:45
I don't think your OH would be walking around in these Speedo shorts - they are very short, not the sort to go walking around the streets, very sexy!! ;) If your OH does wear this type for walking around, can you let me know when he's out please? :) - for research purposes only of course!! :D

Oooooh cheeky!!! OHīs are just normal type so donīt get excited GFG! but he has got some nice pairs! :p

Goforgold
29-09-2011, 18:48
Oooooh cheeky!!! OHīs are just normal type so donīt get excited GFG! but he has got some nice pairs! :p

A nice pair of what ? ;)

Malteser Monkey
29-09-2011, 19:14
Easy you two - this thread is getting outt hand

Added after 2 minutes:

IE not working too well here so logging off - no smilies

Nite xxxx

Suej
29-09-2011, 19:36
Easy you two - this thread is getting outt hand

Added after 2 minutes:

IE not working too well here so logging off - no smilies

Hey MM! why donīt you download Firefox or chrome! you wonīt be sorry hun!:)

Malteser Monkey
01-10-2011, 10:34
Ok sorted now Mum has Safari and that's working tickety boo !

Wow what a scorcher here today - think it's going to be the hottest one. 24deg in what is usually a cold front room !

lozzie1821
01-10-2011, 22:31
pppphhheew!
I seen a lovely looking bloke today in a pair of speedos today!!! I couldnt help but stare, he had the FITTEST body ever and even managed to show off a little by making his pecks move!!!!!!!! mmmmm A lovely saturday afternoon treat it was
Im away 2 dream about him tonight hehe :snore:

Goforgold
01-10-2011, 23:24
Ok sorted now Mum has Safari and that's working tickety boo !

Wow what a scorcher here today - think it's going to be the hottest one. 24deg in what is usually a cold front room !

Hope you're having a great weekend!! ;)

It was around 28 degs here today, I had to put the aircon on in the living room!!

pppphhheew!
I seen a lovely looking bloke today in a pair of speedos today!!! I couldnt help but stare, he had the FITTEST body ever and even managed to show off a little by making his pecks move!!!!!!!! mmmmm A lovely saturday afternoon treat it was
Im away 2 dream about him tonight hehe :snore:

We notice you haven't divulged where you saw this hunk - I was pleased to read that he only made his pecks move!! ;)

Malteser Monkey
01-10-2011, 23:28
it's so hot down here GFG I am waiting for my bedroom to cool down/just having another wine so I don't care basically

26 deg inside

Goforgold
01-10-2011, 23:34
it's so hot down here GFG I am waiting for my bedroom to cool down/just having another wine so I don't care basically

26 deg inside

:D - sounds good to me. I'm going to bed now, it's a bit late for an oldun like me!! :)

Malteser Monkey
01-10-2011, 23:38
ok nite hun off now xx

lozzie1821
03-10-2011, 20:09
We notice you haven't divulged where you saw this hunk - I was pleased to read that he only made his pecks move!! ;)

It was in Los Cristianos along the beach front showering himself coming off the beach!!! :D and yes i will be taking a stroll down there more often

kingbaker
04-10-2011, 02:22
It was in Los Cristianos along the beach front showering himself coming off the beach!!! :D and yes i will be taking a stroll down there more often

Thanks Lozzie much obliged........you can watch me anytime!!! HA!HA!:tiphat:

Vortex Wake
12-10-2011, 17:34
What I wear.........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nA_SjIdfXI

Davie Thistle
12-10-2011, 20:11
............hmmmmmm

well now, I wear the old type swimming trunks,
under my shorts and change at the venue!
either at the beach or pool - coff!:ashamed:,

D, says they are speedo but they are not!
and shorts at any other time!

Goforgold
15-10-2011, 08:55

Well? Have you seen him again Lozzie?

We went on the beach first time this holiday - I did a lot of research and I think my OH might have done too - never seen so many topless ladies!!

My conclusion on the Speedos is, that although the briefs are ok if the man is slim, they look a bit dated. I think the Speedo short shorts are the way forward!! :)

kingbaker
15-10-2011, 17:35
Well? Have you seen him again Lozzie?

We went on the beach first time this holiday - I did a lot of research and I think my OH might have done too - never seen so many topless ladies!!

My conclusion on the Speedos is, that although the briefs are ok if the man is slim, they look a bit dated. I think the Speedo short shorts are the way forward!! :)

'Suppose it's difficult for you ladies when you are with someone who looks better IN shorts, than someone like me (rare model), who looks better WITHOUT them HA!!! HA!!!!:tiphat:

Goforgold
15-10-2011, 17:48
'Suppose it's difficult for you ladies when you are with someone who looks better IN shorts, than someone like me (rare model), who looks better WITHOUT them HA!!! HA!!!!:tiphat:

I've just been woken up!!!! :) :) :)

So are you telling us you look like that fantastic photo that KJ put on this thread earlier?? If so, we want proof!!! ;)

I need to chat to you about the German market and your hols. I'll have to put a post on about the Bob Dive tomorrow and then we can go Off Topic on that thread as it's mine!! ;)

kingbaker
15-10-2011, 21:47
Hasta Manana mi amigo

lozzie1821
15-10-2011, 22:34
I seen him again and yes my plan of attack worked haha i managed to speak 2 him & was unlucky enough to meet his PARTNER!! his name was carlos..

why are the fit ones gay or married? ha

Goforgold
17-10-2011, 11:42
I seen him again and yes my plan of attack worked haha i managed to speak 2 him & was unlucky enough to meet his PARTNER!! his name was carlos..

why are the fit ones gay or married? ha

That's a shame Lozzie, but don't give up !! :)

kingbaker
17-10-2011, 13:31
Right!! I went specially into the swimming area after the gym to do my research, a bit difficult because I couldn't sit with my prescription goggles on in the jacuzzi and so everything was a bit blurred!!

It was a shame because there wasn't the usual amount of men there today, but the few I did see were wearing 'shorts'. Mind you all of them were well overweight and Speedos would have disappeared in the rolls of fat!! I have to say being overweight even in shorts, isn't a good look!!

I will force myself to go back Monday and check a few more out! ;)

Very cruel!!!!!!!!!! I must say I'm shocked

Added after 2 minutes:

i know exactly what you mean. :v2:

Charming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goforgold
17-10-2011, 15:35
Very cruel!!!!!!!!!! I must say I'm shocked

Added after 2 minutes:

Charming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you trying to say that you are well overweight and actually wear tight Speedo briefs??!!! :D

That was an old post Kingbaker and I notice I use the word 'blurred' - BEFORE Dr Fox did!!! ;) - maybe he read the forum for some inspiration for his get out speech?!! ;)

Just re-read your earlier post and it would seem that I'm incorrect in my assumption - any photos from your recent trip to Tenerife? :)

kingbaker
17-10-2011, 20:04
Are you trying to say that you are well overweight and actually wear tight Speedo briefs??!!! :D

That was an old post Kingbaker and I notice I use the word 'blurred' - BEFORE Dr Fox did!!! ;) - maybe he read the forum for some inspiration for his get out speech?!! ;)

Just re-read your earlier post and it would seem that I'm incorrect in my assumption - any photos from your recent trip to Tenerife? :)

I think I'm being found out here HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!I think I'm about to be beaten up by Lozzie and Jackie and you Goforgold mmmmmmmmmmmmmm what
a four-some

Dr Fox what a clown...........to think he'd get away with it? What a clot. Photos? How much money you got??????:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: