PDA

View Full Version : What did you have to eat today?

KirstyJay
22-09-2011, 22:29
The bloke found a couple of fillet steaks at the bottom of the freezer, so we've just had a rare steaks and salad! :yum:

Has anyone else had anything nice? You can post a recipe too if you like! :D

cainaries
22-09-2011, 22:31
We HAD to eat the remains of a packet of frozen sausages and beans on stale toast. Too idle to go the shops.

obs
22-09-2011, 22:35
Herself made the most delicious fish pie....... :yum::yum:

henry
22-09-2011, 22:38
well this afternoon. i had a sugar rush oreo double cream a whole packet. yummy. but for dinner i had a iceland chicken pizza.

dokgolf
22-09-2011, 22:53
tuna salad. Horrible, I don't even like tuna but I'm trying to lose weight.

lozzie1821
22-09-2011, 23:21
Cereal for breafast..

Jacket potato with cheese and beans for lunch

chicken stir fry for dinner with a small tub of icecream for desert.

Im on a diet! this is not my normal food plan haha x

slodgedad
23-09-2011, 02:46
The bloke found a couple of fillet steaks at the bottom of the freezer, so we've just had a rare steaks and salad! :yum:

Has anyone else had anything nice? You can post a recipe too if you like! :D

We were gonna have sausage, egg and chips but found some bolognese sauce in the depths of the freezer.

RECIPE;

Boil spag, warm sauce, mix together, bung cheese on, eat.....

KirstyJay
23-09-2011, 07:39
Just had Mercadona's version of Special K with Red fruits :)

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 08:35
tuna salad. Horrible, I don't even like tuna but I'm trying to lose weight.

I'm not keen on tuna, awful with a baked potato. Just eat it now and again when I can't find anything else!

Fish, baked potato, peas, pot of Kraft Extra Light Philadelphia for the spuddie - oh and lots of Aniseed Balls, to keep the hunger pangs at bay!! . :)

Cairo
23-09-2011, 09:14
Fish, baked potato, peas, pot of Kraft Extra Light Philadelphia for the spuddie - oh and lots of Aniseed Balls, to keep the hunger pangs at bay!! . :)

If that was your breakfast, what's for lunch? ;)

Brekkie for me was 2 slices multi-grain toast, butter, honey and 2 cups of straight tea (no milk no sugar)..... and a tiny little choccie bar :)

Bazz
23-09-2011, 11:15
Made some corned-beef hash.
Boil a saucepan of potatoes, fry 2-3 onions. Mash all together with tin of corned beef, some butter and milk, put in casserole dish and into the oven for 1/2 an hour or so to brown. Yum! :yum:

Ian55
23-09-2011, 13:01
A over cooked Breakfast Roll eek2: Ryanair has a lot to answer for !! that'll teach me to get a silly o clock flight this morning, nowt open at 3am on the way to the Airport and the low cloud didnt help either

lesbroz
23-09-2011, 13:37
Had 2 Weetabix for breakfast before going to play (attempt) golf. Just had a feta cheese salad for lunch. Just trying to keep up the healthy eating that I started for my daughter's wedding.

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 14:37
If that was your breakfast, what's for lunch? ;)

Brekkie for me was 2 slices multi-grain toast, butter, honey and 2 cups of straight tea (no milk no sugar)..... and a tiny little choccie bar :)

Oooops!!! :) I was busy reading what everyone had last night for tea!!

For breakfast I had a banana and a packet of the Eat Smart Melba toasts. For lunch I had a pot of the Philadelphia and nothing else as I'd forgotten the Melba toasts, now had to have another banana and another pkt of Melba Toasts. :)

Nice to see you again Cairo. :)

Added after 2 minutes:

Had 2 Weetabix for breakfast before going to play (attempt) golf. Just had a feta cheese salad for lunch. Just trying to keep up the healthy eating that I started for my daughter's wedding.

I had a feta cheese salad the other week when I went out for lunch and it was delicious. I've never tasted feta cheese before.

Congratulations on your daughter's marriage. :)

Cairo
23-09-2011, 20:44
Oooops!!! :) :)

Nice to see you again Cairo. :)

Thank you :) events continue to conspire against me :(

Dinner tonight is not hugely healthy - sliced tatties (potatoes), garlic, onion, cheese and chillies (from the garden), all slices and thrown together and baked in the oven. Served with a sprig of celery (token green stuff), a tomato and a bottle of wine :D

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 20:50
Thank you :) events continue to conspire against me :(

Dinner tonight is not hugely healthy - sliced tatties (potatoes), garlic, onion, cheese and chillies (from the garden), all slices and thrown together and baked in the oven. Served with a sprig of celery (token green stuff), a tomato and a bottle of wine :D

Sounds delicious :)

Sal
23-09-2011, 20:56
Ham salad for lunch and chicken wings this evening........................bloody diet! :(

marbro8
23-09-2011, 21:00
had two bananas earlyer, had a cheese and onion cob about hour ago, and 4 cans of spanish brewed san miguel:cheeky:

Cairo
23-09-2011, 21:02
Ham salad for lunch and chicken wings this evening........................bloody diet! :(

My diet is on hold until I get my life back together :(

LeFrunk
23-09-2011, 21:02
6am , big bowl of frosties and a capachino ,
10am tea break at work , sausage , egg and bacon soda with HP brown sauce and tea ,
3pm 2 ham and cheese sarnies with a half pack of dark choc digestives and tea ,
6.30pm 2 very large wacks of lasagne (homemade) with salad , garlic bread , apple tart and custard washed down with a cold Guinness
At 21.30pm i shall have my wee ham,cheese and tomato toastie with my tea .
Im a growing boy ya know .

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 21:06

I know what you mean Sal - I'm waiting to cook that curry Marlbro put on the forum, but I've 4 pound to go and I've got a holiday looming up. :(

10am tea break at work , sausage , egg and bacon soda with HP brown sauce and tea ,
6.30pm 2 very large wacks of lasagne (homemade) with salad , garlic bread , apple tart and custard washed down with a cold Guinness

I like the sound of all that LeFrunk - are you slim ?

Added after 2 minutes:

had two bananas earlyer, had a cheese and onion cob about hour ago, and 4 cans of spanish brewed san miguel:cheeky:

I enjoy a San Miguel :) Looking forward to one or two very soon. :)

LeFrunk
23-09-2011, 21:19
Hi Goforgold , its a hard auld day on the sites and ya build up the hunger quickly . Im not heavy , about 5ft 7 / 8" small and about 11st but not very fit , i stopped playing football years ago but didnt pile on the beef , probably a thouroghbred .

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 21:21
Hi Goforgold , its a hard auld day on the sites and ya build up the hunger quickly . Im not heavy , about 5ft 7 / 8" small and about 11st but not very fit , i stopped playing football years ago but didnt pile on the beef , probably a thouroghbred .

You are slim !! ;)

Santiago
23-09-2011, 21:21

Well, you will be if you go through that lot every day!

I had cup of tea at 6.45am, cup of coffee at 8.45am, three black grapes about 11am, cox apple and some cheese for lunch, small tin of diet Pepsi in the afternoon and grilled pork chop and freshly picked beans from the garden at 6.30pm. Am trying to lose the "stopped smoking" fat!!!!!!!!!

Added after 5 minutes:

Oh yes, and a very nice bottle of South African Merlot (on offer half price at Tesco).

LeFrunk
23-09-2011, 21:29
Hi Santiago , i would be feeling sick if i didnt have something substantial to eat by 10am , but our work is very physical , up scaffold and ladders all day long 6 days a week , sometimes 7 days a week.

I had cup of tea at 6.45am, cup of coffee at 8.45am, three black grapes about 11am, cox apple and some cheese for lunch, small tin of diet Pepsi in the afternoon and grilled pork chop and freshly picked beans from the garden at 6.30pm. Am trying to lose the "stopped smoking" fat!!!!!!!!!

Santiago
23-09-2011, 21:31
Hi Santiago , i would be feeling sick if i didnt have something substantial to eat by 10am , but our work is very physical , up scaffold and ladders all day long 6 days a week , sometimes 7 days a week.

Oh, to be young again!!!

Sal
23-09-2011, 21:44

Added after 5 minutes:

Oh yes, and a very nice bottle of South African Merlot (on offer half price at Tesco).

I put on a lot of weight when I stopped smoking - and battling to lose it now!

imablue
23-09-2011, 22:40
to-day i,ve had a ham,chicken and salad bocadillo con todo .....thats with cheese, tomato,lettuce, mayonaise for me brekkie......all that about 12.30 ish ..... been out and about most of the day ..quick pit stop for a refreshing fanta orange ... ended up near home .car parked up ..2 bottles of Reina ....:yum: came home.. car left where it was parked till tomorrow ...
2 enormous pork chops in garlic and a massive portion of mashed potato for our tea ...each ... well a man gotta do.....

lesbroz
23-09-2011, 22:47
Oh Bu**er. An Indian doesn't really fit the healthy eating regime!

cainaries
23-09-2011, 22:51
Oh Bu**er. An Indian doesn't really fit the healthy eating regime!

Especially not if you eat a whole one! (Sorry). And I see GFG has managed to drag those aniseed balls on to another thread. Yuk.

Bobby
23-09-2011, 22:54
As it was Friday we had fish and chips after spending six hours at the hospital. Glad to say that the needle stayed in my vein this time.

slodgedad
23-09-2011, 22:58
Roast Chicken, green beans, peppered cabbage, peas carrots and spuds.

Royalty can't do much better than that.....

BTW. Banana and yoghurt for afters..

marbro8
23-09-2011, 23:39
update just had another cheese and onion cob a packet of seabrook(the best crisps ever) canadian smoked ham crisps and a large southern comfort with ice:bowdown: probably why i now need my bed:o good night:D

Elvis
24-11-2011, 17:23
I'm not keen on tuna, awful with a baked potato. Just eat it now and again when I can't find anything else!

I think this food is not much better for those people who want to reduce the weight of the body. You should always eat the green vegetables and keep away from this type of food.

Goforgold
24-11-2011, 17:36
I think this food is not much better for those people who want to reduce the weight of the body. You should always eat the green vegetables and keep away from this type of food.

Hi Elvis :)

Not sure what you mean by keeping away from 'this type of food'. Fish, baked potato, vegetables, nothing wrong with them. A small amount of low fat cheese which is 35 cals a pot for the dry baked potato is great. I don't smoke or drink so a few aniseed balls when needed are fine too. I am slim, healthy and fit, and could pass for 40+, so must be doing something right!! ;)

I'm a bit confused though - you have just joined The Forum this month, but you pick up a post of mine from the 23 September, out of all the other posts on this thread - mmmmmmmm.

Malteser Monkey
24-11-2011, 17:42
Hi Elvis :)

Not sure what you mean by keeping away from 'this type of food'. Fish, baked potato, vegetables, nothing wrong with them. A small amount of low fat cheese which is 35 cals a pot for the dry baked potato is great. I don't smoke or drink so a few aniseed balls when needed are fine too. I am slim, healthy and fit, and could pass for 40+, so must be doing something right!! ;)

I'm a bit confused though - you have just joined The Forum this month, but you pick up a post of mine from the 23 September, out of all the other posts on this thread - mmmmmmmm.

Shame...... coz she's only 34 :cheeky:

Afternoon GFG - how very perceptive of you noticing that about the post from 23rd Sept

I thought Elvis had left the building.

Goforgold
24-11-2011, 17:50
Shame...... coz she's only 34 :cheeky:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Afternoon GFG - how very perceptive of you noticing that about the post from 23rd Sept

I thought Elvis had left the building. ............ :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: - is Steve Wright still on ?

Hey MM - what a great sense of humour you have today - I like it :)

MaxineC
24-11-2011, 19:20
I thought Elvis was dead... from obesity ???

Oh the irony... :)

Malteser Monkey
24-11-2011, 22:59
I ain't finished yet just warming up...........tomorrow is Friday

Ecky Thump
14-02-2015, 00:41
Carol was out with friends tonight, so the cooker and the fridge was mine, and along with the two frying pans came......

Two eggs, 3 Rashers of Ayrshire Bacon, Stornaway Black Pudding, Clootie Dumpling, 2 Links, Lorne Sausage, Fried Bread, Mushrooms and of course a very small amount of Baked Beans.

I'm was feeling slightly bloated and couldn't finish the Rice Pudding! :hungry:

marbro8
14-02-2015, 00:49
i have had today, a mcdonalds bacon and egg, because i got my nephews double sos and egg mcmuffins as they were collecting our wembley tickets from bescot this morning:D, that is all i have had today, oh well at least i will look as slim as ecky around the pool in may:eyebrows:

Ecky Thump
14-02-2015, 00:58
Carol was out with friends tonight, so the cooker and the fridge was mine, and along with the two frying pans came......

Two eggs, 3 Rashers of Ayrshire Bacon, Stornaway Black Pudding, Clootie Dumpling, 2 Links, Lorne Sausage, Fried Bread, Mushrooms and of course a very small amount of Baked Beans.

i have had today, a mcdonalds bacon and egg, because i got my nephews double sos and egg mcmuffins as they were collecting our wembley tickets from bescot this morning:D, that is all i have had today, oh well at least i will look as slim as ecky around the pool in may:eyebrows:

I hope your not suggesting that my meal was not good for a well balanced diet...if you noticed, I did have baked beans for the fibre!:crying2:

Malteser Monkey
14-02-2015, 10:11

Blimey Ecky that's your lot for the weekend - sounds a bit like a normal morning for ol' Crabbi

Don't forget the water !
martincrabb99

martincrabb99
14-02-2015, 10:50
I have just had some Greek Yoghurt for breakfast with banana and chia seeds for Omega 3 a part of essential fatty acids. I will let you know what the second course is later. I have had some water in my two mugs of tea.[emoji6]

martincrabb99
14-02-2015, 11:22
2nd course three rashers of Wiltshire cured bacon with two poached eggs and two pieces of wholemeal toast.....AND a glass of water!

Tshirt
14-02-2015, 12:44
I've had my oats this morning [emoji4]

Ecky Thump
14-02-2015, 12:52
I've had my oats this morning [emoji4]

I often find that it's when I first wake in the morning that I fancy them most.:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
14-02-2015, 12:54
I often find that it's when I first wake in the morning that I fancy them most.:whistle:

Gives you a nice warm feeling inside :cheeky:

What did you have TOTO 99

TOTO 99
14-02-2015, 13:04
Gives you a nice warm feeling inside :cheeky:

What did you have TOTO 99

I've got a big sausage.........:lol:

Ecky Thump
14-02-2015, 13:08

Make sure you keep it warm.

Malteser Monkey
14-02-2015, 13:32

Cocktail more like...............you need an egg to dip that in:D

I had to remind myself what the title of this thread is

essexeddie
14-02-2015, 19:22
Well I'm having half a leg of Lamb in the Fortuna tonight. Can't wait.

marbro8
14-02-2015, 19:41
Well I'm having half a leg of Lamb in the Fortuna tonight. Can't wait.lovely, one of our favorite restaurants, can't believe it took us nearly 8 years to try it:doh:, anyway all i have had today is a bacon and egg sandwich at 9,00 o'clock this morning, but as a valentine treat for the love of my life, i am cooking her a fillet steak with onion rings and chips tonight, with lemon curd pie and icecream for afters;)

Ecky Thump
14-02-2015, 19:50
lovely, one of our favorite restaurants, can't believe it took us nearly 8 years to try it:doh:, anyway all i have had today is a bacon and egg sandwich at 9,00 o'clock this morning, but as a valentine treat for the love of my life, i am cooking her a fillet steak with onion rings and chips tonight, with lemon curd pie and icecream for after.;)

After what?:devil2:

marbro8
14-02-2015, 19:56
After what?:devil2::lol: you are joking, i don't think either of us will be able to move after that lot:lol: i suppose we could try BEFORE we eat it:D

kingbaker
14-02-2015, 22:20
After what?:devil2:

After the ambulance has taken her to hospital for treatment of the cholesteral poisoning....eeeeawwww eeeeawwwww;)

marbro8
14-02-2015, 22:32
After the ambulance has taken her to hospital for treatment of the cholesteral poisoning....eeeeawwww eeeeawwwww;):lol: as she is diabetic and i do all our cooking, i control her food intake quite well, she was checked last week and her cholesterol was 4.2;) the chips are cooked in an actifry and there is no fat on the fillet, the ice cream is diabetic and the only thing that is unhealthy is the pie, but that will be her weekly treat;)

Malteser Monkey
14-02-2015, 23:14
:lol: you are joking, i don't think either of us will be able to move after that lot:lol: i suppose we could try BEFORE we eat it:D

Now I know where my mucky mind comes from:crazy:

Enjoy :cheeky:

kingbaker
14-02-2015, 23:41
Ah yes the Mucky Monkey!!:p

kingbaker
15-02-2015, 00:05
:lol: as she is diabetic and i do all our cooking, i control her food intake quite well, she was checked last week and her cholesterol was 4.2;) the chips are cooked in an actifry and there is no fat on the fillet, the ice cream is diabetic and the only thing that is unhealthy is the pie, but that will be her weekly treat;)

Tell us aboooot de low calorie/ fat free, onion rings.

This gonna be good!!:p:p:D

marbro8
15-02-2015, 00:21
Tell us aboooot de low calorie/ fat free, onion rings.

This gonna be good!!:p:p:Dafter your post we didn't cook em:lol:;)

kingbaker
15-02-2015, 00:45
Yer kidding me!!

marbro8
15-02-2015, 00:53
Yer kidding me!!nope:lol:;)we had a large mixed salad instead:lol:

kingbaker
15-02-2015, 01:41
Should I ask wott ye did witt the ice cream?....if it's not tooooo personal?:confused:

marbro8
15-02-2015, 01:46
Should I ask wott ye did witt the ice cream?....if it's not tooooo personal?:confused:i licked it of my wifes breasts, so no it's not at all personal:crylaughing:

Ecky Thump
15-02-2015, 02:04
i licked it of my wifes breasts, so no it's not at all personal:crylaughing:

Too much information! :shower: a cold one. :shiver:

Malteser Monkey
15-02-2015, 10:45
i licked it of my wifes breasts, so no it's not at all personal:crylaughing:

I thought she was meant to have it:whistle:

TOTO 99
15-02-2015, 10:54
"From the makers of 50 shades of grey. Paramount Pictures in association with Marb & Monkey, presents ......What have you had to eat today".......:lol:

You'll never look at you're dinner the same again...:lol:

Malteser Monkey
15-02-2015, 11:04
:cheeky::rofl:

It wasn't me miss

kingbaker
15-02-2015, 11:10
I thought she was meant to have it:whistle:

She was wobbed of her Valentines dinner AND desert.

Is Marbro sleeping in the shed witt de dog?;)

kingbaker
15-02-2015, 11:12
Too much information! :shower: a cold one. :shiver:

Any piccies?:D

Ecky Thump
15-02-2015, 11:53
Is Marbro sleeping in the shed witt de dog?;)

I think marbro8 's post would come under the heading of a "Jack Daniels" and ice late night post and Sandra will make his life a misery if she ever sees it.:lol:

marbro8
15-02-2015, 12:05
I think marbro8 's post would come under the heading of a "Jack Daniels" and ice late night post and Sandra will make his life a misery if she ever sees it.:lol:she won't, and you had better not tell her:lol:

Ecky Thump
15-02-2015, 12:25
she won't, and you had better not tell her:lol:

I won't tell her, although I know of a certain lady who will tell her, but it's amazing how a gift of a 1.5ltr bottle of Vodka affects her memory.:nono:

Next time forget the ice-cream, try a melted Mars Bar.....lots more fun and tastier!!

marbro8
15-02-2015, 12:28
I won't tell her, although I know of a certain lady who will tell her, but it's amazing how a gift of a 1.5ltr bottle of Vodka affects her memory.:nono:

Next time forget the ice-cream, try a melted Mars Bar.....lots more fun and tastier!!:lol: 1.5 litre bottle of vodka?that's fine but what will i have to do for the other 13 nights:lol: and as for the mars bars, it didn't work for alan partridge:lol:

TOTO 99
15-02-2015, 12:39

Next time forget the ice-cream, try a melted Mars Bar.....lots more fun and tastier!!

Call me old fashioned but wouldn't that result in third degree burns..:lol:

Ecky Thump
15-02-2015, 13:06
Call me old fashioned but wouldn't that result in third degree burns..:lol:

Marbro's wife went to the doctor with burns on both of her ears and her right hand. "Sit down and tell me how it happened," said the doctor.
"I was ironing my clothes when I received a call. Instead of picking up the phone, I picked up the iron and burned my ear."
"'What about the other ear and your hand?" the doctor asked her.
Sandra replied, "I tried to call for an ambulance.":p

kingbaker
15-02-2015, 16:22
she won't, and you had better not tell her:lol:

I can almost smell the cordite:p:p

kingbaker
15-02-2015, 16:25
And has she still not got her Valentines goooodies? :D:D

New Cross in Wolverhampton is a good Hosp and City Hosp in Brum also good in case yer stuck:p:p