PDA

View Full Version : What are your 'must see' films?

KirstyJay
22-09-2011, 23:39
Looking for recommendations of films I can take on my lappy to watch on the flight to Greece next week... so what are you're 'must see' films?

Past or present...

Mine are :

Withnail and I
Bill Hicks standup
Bloes brothers

To start... I'm sure I'll think of some others :D

CaribeCelt
23-09-2011, 00:58
I downloaded the new series of Curb your Enthusiasim and it was a good laugh
Also an Irish film called The Guard..Not bad.
I thought The baader Meinhof Complex was a good show and well worth a watch.
There is also one with Colin Farrell in it called London Boulevard which is ok.

uptowngirl
23-09-2011, 01:54
Lat King of Scotland, The Green Mile, Hotel Rwanda and The Wizard of Oz lololoo

Chicharrera
23-09-2011, 02:11
The Rock with Sean Connery,60 Secs with Nicholas Cage or Salt with Angelina Jolie!!!!!!
If not how about Ghost with Demi Moore....jajjajajjaja...........now that's a classic for you!!!!!!!!

KirstyJay
23-09-2011, 07:41
I downloaded the new series of Curb your Enthusiasim and it was a good laugh.My mum has all them. They're fab :)

karinagal
23-09-2011, 09:40
My favourites are: Demolition Man, Wild Hogs, Dune, I Am Legend and A.I. Other half insists on watching the Family Guy star wars films and spends the whole flight shaking the entire plane with his silent laughter!! On the way home last weekend he also watched some episodes of Still Game and he also has some Sopranos on his phone/tab..

Greg
23-09-2011, 19:52
I downloaded frankie Boyle - If I could reach through your tv.. for a flight, I was laughing so hard all the people around me thought I'd lost the plot! Life of Brian is a life long favourite, it just never gets old and is always as funny as the first time I watched it. Have a great flight.

KirstyJay
23-09-2011, 19:57
Yes, LOB is one of mine too... I have it on DVD. Also Rocky Horror, Thelma & Louise...

I have been downloading a lot of my old VHS films, as it's legal to do so. :)

marbro8
23-09-2011, 20:05
try 24 with keifer sutherland or prison break with wentworth miller both great series, i will be taking both with me for my flight to tenerife soon:D

Greg
23-09-2011, 20:44
try 24 with keifer sutherland or prison break with wentworth miller both great series, i will be taking both with me for my flight to tenerife soon:D

wow you must be coming the long way round to watch that lot! :laugh:

marbro8
23-09-2011, 20:51
wow you must be coming the long way round to watch that lot! :laugh:lol i meant i will be bringing the episodes i haven't watched yet:D

Sundowner
23-09-2011, 21:00
The girl with the dragon tattoo is worth a look.

henry
23-09-2011, 21:47
so far i wanna see.. let me rephase that i´m going to call ghostbusters 3 coming 2012. The Avengers
,Men in Black 3,The Amazing Spider-Man ,Iron Man 3 ,Avatar 2 in 2014

benward
23-09-2011, 23:04
Fast and the Furious , Saving Private Ryan ,Shawshank Redemption ,The longest Yard ,Happy Gilmore & a long list of spoofs .

cainaries
23-09-2011, 23:15
A few years ago now I was on a flight out here where they still showed a film. To my surprise they showed 'The Queen' with Helen Mirren which includes several scenes covering the death/funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales (which is of course what the film is about). I was travelling on my own in an aisle seat and slowly started quietly snivelling and digging in my bag for a tissue. The woman across the aisles tapped me gently on the arm and pointed to her husband who was howling with misery. I didn't feel so bad after that!