PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife resident or not?

timmylish
23-09-2011, 00:15
I have always thought that it would be of help, generally, if against each members ID/Profile it showed if that member was or was not, currently, a Tenerife (or at least Canarian) resident. A coloured asterisk or something similar would suffice.

Andy0210
23-09-2011, 00:27
Donīt forget the Ex Resident, Wannabee Resident, Future Resident, Part time Resident, Swallow Resident and Tourist who comes 3 or 4 times a year who thinks they are a Resident Mr Lish! ;)

timmylish
23-09-2011, 00:39
Awh. Get lost you. You know fine well that a simple resident or not cannot be misconstrued in any way. -eckin' difficult people on here sometimes!

Andy0210
23-09-2011, 00:41
Awh. Get lost you. You know fine well that a simple resident or not cannot be misconstrued in any way. -eckin' difficult people on here sometimes!

Ha ha ha, i was just teasin to wind you up! ;)

slodgedad
23-09-2011, 02:27
There is already a thread about this HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?718-Tenerife-resident-or-holidaymaker-poll)

AL JAY
23-09-2011, 02:31
I also think it should be mandatory to put your location and gender in your avatar. just saying like!

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 08:39
I also think it should be mandatory to put your location and gender in your avatar. just saying like!

What if you're half man and half woman?? :)

TOTO 99
23-09-2011, 10:00
What if your half man and half woman?? :)

He is......

dokgolf
23-09-2011, 10:10
What difference does it make whether someone is a resident or not?

karinagal
23-09-2011, 10:30

It might help to understand a persons perspective when they are responding to certain threads perhaps? Do they feel this way because they are resident and this affects them? Are they imagining how they would feel if they were a resident? Are they responding this way because as a holidaymaker or infrequent visitor they can't see the problem?

I'm only speculating but I can see that there are times when this might be useful but I don't see it being essential.. :D

Susief
23-09-2011, 10:32
Most people have their location so it's not that difficult to work out whether they are resident or not.

I personally cannot see why we would need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malteser Monkey
23-09-2011, 10:48

or half man half woman :D

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 14:42

Watch it Monkey!!!!! :) :)

Suej
23-09-2011, 14:46

illegal resident half man and half woman!:wow:

timmylish
24-09-2011, 02:03
There is already a thread about this HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?718-Tenerife-resident-or-holidaymaker-poll)

Sorry but that was an out and out poll and nothing to do with where I,m coming from. How many times have people come on here asking general questions and it sometimes takes forever to find out where they are so that correct advice/information can be offered. I am not wishing to get anyones knickers in a twist I just feel that this info would compliment the structure of the info on members and therefor making the Forum better. Just because a Mod/Owner/Head-bottlewasher not suggest it. SusieF. Sorry to disagree. Seems to me that most don,t, for the time being!

And just to add. Because of a change in the poll, half-way thru', it became totally irrelevant!

willowlily
24-09-2011, 08:35
It might help to understand a persons perspective when they are responding to certain threads perhaps? Do they feel this way because they are resident and this affects them? Are they imagining how they would feel if they were a resident? Are they responding this way because as a holidaymaker or infrequent visitor they can't see the problem?

I'm only speculating but I can see that there are times when this might be useful but I don't see it being essential.. :D

i think you are right it would help when someone is making a critisim or is praising a particular service, you could understand more which angle they are viewing.
i personally am a uk resident summer in bournemouth and london, but fortunate to reside in tenerife oct-april taking advantage of the clement winter weather, fab bars, restaurants, cafes and night clubs tenerife has to offer

Balcony
24-09-2011, 08:58
I think people should be freee to share what information they wish with whomever they please. It should not be, in any way, obligatory.

Those famous letters come to mind MYOB!

Goforgold
24-09-2011, 10:52
i think you are right it would help when someone is making a critisim or is praising a particular service, you could understand more which angle they are viewing.
i personally am a uk resident summer in bournemouth and london, but fortunate to reside in tenerife oct-april taking advantage of the clement winter weather, fab bars, restaurants, cafes and night clubs tenerife has to offer

What more could you want, perfect balance. In the UK just at the right time and leaving as the dark cold nights draw in.

Wonderful. :)