PDA

View Full Version : Forum fruitcakes - have YOU met one?

CIM
07-06-2011, 00:02
Something that never ceases to amaze me is when you meet people off the forum in person. They are so very often completely and utterly NOT what you were expecting!
Sometimes for better - often for worse! Have you met anyone in real life off the forum who you wish you hadnŽt met?

I had one incident a few years ago where I was getting on with someone on the forum and he suggested we meet up to talk about something or other (cant remember what now...) Anyway met him about 10am one night and he looked a right mess. Thin, wasting away almost, teeth missing, scruffy clothes. I tried not to be too judgmental and got some pints in and had a chat. All was well and he seemed like a decent bloke who was down on his luck in Tenerife and had been struggling for a while. Told me he had actually "gone hungry" a few times "like - REALLY hungry..."

Before long I told him it was nice to have met him and that IŽd better get cracking. He asked for a lift home so I obliged. On the way to the car we passed an off license- He popped in and bought a bottle of vodka - fair does. Then when I dropped him off he started drinking and chatting about all sorts - really opening up. Unfortunately in the half hour of him rambling and me trying to say goodby and leave he polished off the whole bottom at which point he began threatening me!

Told me "youŽd better not **** me over, youŽd better not." and "I wonŽt ****ing have people ****ing me over again and if you do..."

I got in the car, drove over his foot (accident!!) and left...
Never met anyone else on my own again - WEIRDOS!!!!

slodgedad
07-06-2011, 00:05
Something that never ceases to amaze me is when you meet people off the forum in person. They are so very often completely and utterley NOT what you were expecting!
Sometimes for better - often for worse! Have you met anyone in real life off the forum who you wish you hadnŽt met?

I had one incident a few years ago where I was getting on with someone on the forum and he suggested we meet up to talk about something or other (cant remember what now...) Anyway met him about 10am one night and he looked a right mess. Thin, wasting away almost, teeth missing, scruffy clothes. I tried not to be too judgemental and got some pints in and had a chat. All was well and he seemed like a decent bloke who was down on his luck in Tenerife and had been struggling for a while. Told me he had actually "gone hungry" a few times "like - REALLY hungry..."

Before long I told him it was nice to have met him and that IŽd better get cracking. He asked for a lift home so I obliged. On the way to the car we passed an off license- He popped in and bought a bottle of vodka - fair does. Then when I dropped him off he started drinking and chatting about all sorts - really opening up. Unfortunately in the half hour of him rambling and me trying to say goodby and leave he polished off the whole bottom at which piint he began threatening me!

Told me "youŽd better not **** me over, youŽd better not." and "I wonŽt ****ing have people ****ing me over again and if you do..."

Never met anyone else on my opwn agfain - WEIRDOS!!!!

I thought that was a secret, you grass you

CIM
07-06-2011, 00:07
Nah - he was a real fruit-bat - Vodka straight from the bottle!
I didnt know whether to pity him or knock him out! He was so aggressive - just changed completely...

caroletenerife
07-06-2011, 00:08
met that Young Golfer...hes dodgy :lol::lol::lol: and them Live Arico lot , their right weird :crazy::crazy::crazy::D

sundownersvince
07-06-2011, 00:18
Fancy a meet?

with cheese
07-06-2011, 07:12
Something that never ceases to amaze me is when you meet people off the forum in person. They are so very often completely and utterly NOT what you were expecting!

I had one incident a few years ago where I was getting on with someone on the forum and he suggested we meet up to talk about something or other (cant remember what now...) Anyway met him about 10am one night and he looked a right mess. Thin, wasting away almost, teeth missing, scruffy clothes. I tried not to be too judgmental and got some pints in and had a chat. All was well and he seemed like a decent bloke who was down on his luck in Tenerife and had been struggling for a while. Told me he had actually "gone hungry" a few times "like - REALLY hungry..."

Before long I told him it was nice to have met him and that IŽd better get cracking. He asked for a lift home so I obliged. On the way to the car we passed an off license- He popped in and bought a bottle of vodka - fair does. Then when I dropped him off he started drinking and chatting about all sorts - really opening up. Unfortunately in the half hour of him rambling and me trying to say goodby and leave he polished off the whole bottom at which point he began threatening me!

So that is how he became ONELEG.

Added after 2 minutes:

I know a few of people on here who I would be pleased to meet, but there are one or two that it would be of no benefit because I would want to mess them up.

Ed3229
07-06-2011, 07:54
I know one nutter who will be on holiday end of September...........MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.So if you don't want to see me make sure you are not in the Las Vista's beach area around that time or I will follow you around swigging Vodka from the bottle shouting COME ON YOU REDS.....:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::c rylaughing:

Tom & Sharon
07-06-2011, 08:27
Nah - he was a real fruit-bat - Vodka straight from the bottle!
I didnt know whether to pity him or knock him out! He was so aggressive - just changed completely...

A bit like going out with Sharon then :whistle:

Malteser Monkey
07-06-2011, 08:57
Oh Bloody hell - I'm hoping to meet with SusieF :pray::pray::whistle:

Bonnie1964
07-06-2011, 10:29
Getting worried about meeting some member's next Wednesday now lol:crazy:

Zara
07-06-2011, 10:30
Oh Bloody hell - I'm hoping to meet with SusieF :pray::pray::whistle:

Susie is fine, quite normal - on the other hand she is meeting you - think I'd better warn her :crazy:

Malteser Monkey
07-06-2011, 10:33
Getting worried about meeting some member's next Wednesday now lol:crazy:

who you meeting ??

Susie is fine, quite normal - on the other hand she is meeting you - think I'd better warn her :crazy:

hmmm true

bet you're dying to meet me :poke::lol:

9PLUS
07-06-2011, 10:36
^ look theres one

x

with cheese
07-06-2011, 10:45
I met Zara and her OH, and Doreen briefly. Also some K9 peeps.
Zara is only about 35 and stunning about 6ft tall and her toyboy (oh) well.

Zara
07-06-2011, 10:48

Thanks Cheese, I liked you too, loved your dog but did my ankle in falling over your white stick :raspberry2:

Malteser Monkey
07-06-2011, 10:54

35 really ? and I thought I'd hooked up with the WI on here !!!:hole:

^ look theres one

x

what you saying .........dear

with cheese
07-06-2011, 10:58
Thanks Cheese, I liked you too, loved your dog but did my ankle in falling over your white stick :raspberry2:
That wasn't my white stick, I was having a wee in the bush.
MM it is the WI on here for some, not sure what the w stands for.

Malteser Monkey
07-06-2011, 11:25
weirdo's ?

with cheese
07-06-2011, 12:11
weirdo's ?
Whingers W**kers and worms.

reggie
07-06-2011, 13:03
I met Howard late 1 night, :crazy:

karinagal
07-06-2011, 13:11

I've met you - does that count?
:run::bricks::run:

onelegnofeet
07-06-2011, 13:17
So that is how he became ONELEG.

Why thank you kind sir ..........17 stone and wasting away !!!!

reggie
07-06-2011, 13:21
I'm glad to be known as a bit barking, can you imagine being just 1 of the crowd, Nah, woof woof, :devil:

Angusjim
07-06-2011, 13:26
I believe Tom & Sharon had a problem with a whisky guzzler who used to drink & eat far too much when he visited wonder if they ever got that sorted out:whistle::hungry::cheers:

Bonnie1964
07-06-2011, 14:48
who you meeting ??

hmmm true

bet you're dying to meet me :poke::lol:

Theres a few of us meeting at O'jangles next week not sure who's all going though..........:cheers:

howard thornton
07-06-2011, 19:05
I met Howard late 1 night, :crazy:

mmmmm, i never really got over the experience.think it was the leather gear that did it.

warbey
07-06-2011, 19:23
met that Young Golfer...hes dodgy :lol::lol::lol: and them Live Arico lot , their right weird :crazy::crazy::crazy::D

Everyone has met Young Golfer.....He doesnt hide behind a Bush.... Careful if He's wearing a Tank Top though.!!
C.I.M. This is a Good Thread, linking this World of fantasy with the Real World.

I had a job which involved a lot of Telephone Calls. After a while it was easy sometimes to Make a Connection of sorts..
It was dissappointing to meet One Person, (A fella) because He looked wrong and I am pretty sure He thought
the same of Me. Afterwards We remained friendly, but the Warmth had gone.

I know of Others on Here who have similar thoughts.

I have met a few and not yet been dissappointed.

If You reverse Your thinking, its quite Possible Someone You dont like much could be a great Person to know..????

YOUNG GOLFER
07-06-2011, 19:40
I have met more than one fruitcake and we are all still close friends:lol:

reggie
07-06-2011, 20:18
I have met more than one fruitcake and we are all still close friends:lol:

You just wait till our paths cross, I'l show you fruit cake, :crazy:

MRSBEN
07-06-2011, 20:24
theres a few of us meeting at o'jangles next week not sure who's all going though..........:cheers:

oh why cant it be this week :cry:

with cheese
07-06-2011, 20:33
I think I have met YG as been in his gaff a few times.

MrsBen, they did organise for this week but then heard about you and changed it.

Ecky Thump
07-06-2011, 20:33
Theres a few of us meeting at O'jangles next week not sure who's all going though..........:cheers:

Just keep your eye on Sunspot, after 7 Bacardi and cokes she is a out and out nut case.;)

MRSBEN
07-06-2011, 20:42
I think I have met YG as been in his gaff a few times.

MrsBen, they did organise for this week but then heard about you and changed it.

OK if I promise I wont bring Howard can we reconsider:lol:

sunspot
07-06-2011, 20:44
Cheeky Blighter but there again thats you,i cant wait for the meetup then anyone will see im a lady.......:whistle:

YOUNG GOLFER
07-06-2011, 22:13
Cheeky Blighter but there again thats you,i cant wait for the meetup then anyone will see im a lady.......:whistle:

Are you going to strip again:lol::lol::lol::lol::sailor2:

sunspot
07-06-2011, 22:19
Are you going to strip again:lol::lol::lol::lol::sailor2:

Ummmmmmmm NO,cant even remember what i did or if i did anything,trouble with Mr Thump he does not forget anything

Ecky Thump
07-06-2011, 22:25
Ummmmmmmm NO,cant even remember what i did or if i did anything,trouble with Mr Thump he does not forget anything

Cross my palm with silver and I won't even tell any one about what I found in my jacket pocket.

PS.
I didn't know that M & S sold them that colour.:eyebrows:

sunspot
07-06-2011, 22:28
Cross my palm with silver and I won't even tell any one about what I found in my jacket pocket.

PS.
I didn't know that M & S sold them that colour.:eyebrows:

Now i know your fibbing,no way could they have been mine.............i never wear them in the day

marbro8
07-06-2011, 22:59
what has happened to annaelfrado?:eyebrows:

YOUNG GOLFER
07-06-2011, 23:02
She still trying to log on to the other forum:lol::lol::lol:

christa
07-06-2011, 23:07
I would love to meet up with anyone who is coming over to GC. I only pop over to Tenerife about 5 times a year, and usually don't have half as much time as I would like to arrange meeting up with old aquaintances never mindd new ones. Anyone planing a trip over/or shopping etc, please drop me a PM.

TenerifeFanatic
07-06-2011, 23:09
Ummmmmmmm NO,cant even remember what i did or if i did anything,trouble with Mr Thump he does not forget anythingEcky the efalent??

warbey
08-06-2011, 18:37
Just keep your eye on Sunspot, after 7 Bacardi and cokes she is a out and out nut case.;)

Did You buy them all.?

Added after 5 minutes:

Still on Topic too aren't We..?

marbro8
08-06-2011, 19:39
Did You buy them all.?

Added after 5 minutes

Still on Topic too aren't We..?lmao i didn't think anyone would get it well done warby:eyebrows:

Margaretta
08-06-2011, 20:01

I haven't seen Anna for about two years because we are usually joined by friends or family when we visit. But three weeks ago we were walking along the promenade towards the Arona Gran at Los Cris after and I heard THE VOICE. It was definitely Anna who has a very distinctive voice. She was with a large group of people and seemed to be telling them all where to go, places of interest, in Los Cris. I would LOVE to have said 'Hello' but she was in full flow with a truly captive audience.
Well done Anna! Next time maybe!

marbro8
08-06-2011, 20:22
I haven't seen Anna for about two years because we are usually joined by friends or family when we visit. But three weeks ago we were walking along the promenade towards the Arona Gran at Los Cris after and I heard THE VOICE. It was definitely Anna who has a very distinctive voice. She was with a large group of people and seemed to be telling them all where to go, places of interest, in Los Cris. I would LOVE to have said 'Hello' but she was in full flow with a truly captive audience.
Well done Anna! Next time maybe!she is certainly a very strong personality lol we first met her in o'jangles and she has left a lasting impression:eyebrows:

Jackie
09-06-2011, 00:41
Well anyone that has met Ali Marshall more than once will know she is a right Fruit cake lol but a good laugh:spongebob::spongebob::spongebob:

DJ Dangerous
09-06-2011, 11:13
In descending order from most dangerous to least:

1. 9PLUS
2. YG
3. heffalumpy
4. CIM
5. Vortex Wake

Watch out for number one, he's one of those wierdos who never finishes anything that he h..........

onelegnofeet
09-06-2011, 11:52
Well anyone that has met Ali Marshall more than once will know she is a right Fruit cake lol but a good laugh:spongebob::spongebob::spongebob:

Easily recogniseable ................PRIMARK tattooed on her forehead !!!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows: