PDA

View Full Version : How can I get rid of a Hornets' nest in the bathroom in Tenerife?

caroletenerife
23-09-2011, 21:54
I have been watching a hornet (the big dodgy looking ones) come and go all summer and didnt think much of it, BUT it appears to have built a nest in the bathroom light. I am going to remove it but my question is...how do i stop it coming back, is there anything natural i can use to discourage it. i like animals but dont fancy sharing the shower with them beasties, any advice appreciated

Andy0210
23-09-2011, 22:01
It wont do you any harm, they only lay one egg, when its hatched they toddle off and leave you alone. ;)

henry
23-09-2011, 22:02
1.Have two cans of a jet aerosol insecticide specifically labeled for hornets handy in case one runs out.

2.The jet aerosol spray should have a range of at least 15 feet.

3.Apply jet spray directly into nest opening at dusk for at least 10 seconds….longer is ok.

4.Move away from area quickly.

5.Check the following evening as you may need to reapply.

caroletenerife
23-09-2011, 22:11
It wont do you any harm, they only lay one egg, when its hatched they toddle off and leave you alone. ;)
Big nest for one kid!!! might leave it then, cheers

1.Have two cans of a jet aerosol insecticide specifically labeled for hornets handy in case one runs out.

2.The jet aerosol spray should have a range of at least 15 feet.

3.Apply jet spray directly into nest opening at dusk for at least 10 seconds….longer is ok.

4.Move away from area quickly.

5.Check the following evening as you may need to reapply.

Cheers Henry xx, but i dont want to kill it, just encourage it to squat elsewhere xx

Andy0210
23-09-2011, 22:14
Big nest for one kid!!! might leave it then, cheers

My mum has a previous nest on the light on her terrace and one currently building away on the valance of her curtain, doesnīt bother them at all just comes and goes and goes about its business, the only time it gets a bit miffed is if they go out and close the door and it canīt get in! ;)

caroletenerife
23-09-2011, 22:32
eeeewwwww, i decided to move it, there were at least 40 spider corpses in their, thats ALOT of spiders so, its gone now, will keep the window shut in case the hornet comes to get me:D

dokgolf
23-09-2011, 22:37
They hate the smell of citrus so a citrus smelling plant on the window may help!

9PLUS
23-09-2011, 23:08
C4..................

x