PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a glass of wine... will you join me?

sunseeker
24-09-2011, 19:58
im on my third glass of vino about now. with mixer of course because i only drink cheap ****.

this is about the extent of my 'going out' these days, as the 'crisis' means were all skint and my old fella has done one... but hey! im not one to let it get me down, so cheap plonk and the internet... mmmmm

so, what are you drinking tonight? :D

sunspot
24-09-2011, 20:04
Coffee,Saturday night and got a meet and greet so zero alcohol,might have a couple tomorrow

sunseeker
24-09-2011, 20:07
then get off my thread... lol. only joking. ill join you for a few tomorrow too :D

marbro8
24-09-2011, 20:19
im on my third glass of vino about now. with mixer of course because i only drink cheap ****.

this is about the extent of my 'going out' these days, as the 'crisis' means were all skint and my old fella has done one... but hey! im not one to let it get me down, so cheap plonk and the internet... mmmmm

so, what are you drinking tonight? :Dsorry to hear that sunseeker, but tomorow is the first day of the rest of your life:wink: and i am at this moment partaking in my 4th pint of (spanish brewed) san miguel with a dash of merrydown cider:eyebrows:

Goforgold
24-09-2011, 20:23
Well I've had a couple of cappuchinos with dashes of Baileys!!

Marbro - what do you mean Spanish Brewed? You've brought them back from Tenerife? :)

sunseeker
24-09-2011, 20:26
sorry to hear that sunseeker, but tomorow is the first day of the rest of your life:wink: and i am at this moment partaking in my 4th pint of (spanish brewed) san miguel with a dash of merrydown cider:eyebrows:doont be sorry. im well rid for a long time, but kids and nights out dont really mix so we take out pleasures when we can.

mine have a bottle wrapped round them and are inside my house :D

was not asking for sympathy, only laughs. :)

Graceylacey
24-09-2011, 20:26
I am just pouring my 2nd glass of wine... Cheers!!!!

Sal
24-09-2011, 20:28
Just started on my first V&T.....................cheers guys! :vodka:

marbro8
24-09-2011, 20:29
Well I've had a couple of cappuchinos with dashes of Baileys!!

Marbro - what do you mean Spanish Brewed? You've brought them back from Tenerife? :)no, we have a shop in brownhills high street and they sell the proper 5.4% san miguel, as opposed to the english(brewed under licence)5% san miguel

Added after 2 minutes:

doont be sorry. im well rid for a long time, but kids and nights out dont really mix so we take out pleasures when we can.

mine have a bottle wrapped round them and are inside my house :D

was not asking for sympathy, only laughs. :)well if it's laughs ur after you have come to the right place:eyebrows:

sunseeker
24-09-2011, 20:33
thats why i came online. i remember how much fun the forum used to be and it still is. some new people some old, but still ******* funny :)

Goforgold
24-09-2011, 20:37
thats why i came online. i remember how much fun the forum used to be and it still is. some new people some old, but still ******* funny :)

Watch who you're calling old gal!!!! :) You're only as old as the person you're feeling!! :)

Added after 2 minutes:

no, we have a shop in brownhills high street and they sell the proper 5.4% san miguel, as opposed to the english(brewed under licence)5% san miguel

I used to go to the market in Brownhills - there was a chap who sold meat there, he was really funny. Bought some of my finches from there too - until I came to my senses and realised birds are much better flying free. :) - not the meat chap, the pet shop !!

I've had too much to drink - seeing double here!! :(

No - treble!! :( :(

marbro8
24-09-2011, 20:40
thats why i came online. i remember how much fun the forum used to be and it still is. some new people some old, but still ******* funny :)well this will make you laugh, i had to go to the opticians the other day so they could see how i was getting on with my new contact lenses, and the optician could not understand how my eyesight had gotten worse over the course of a week? until she realised i had the lenses in the wrong eyes:ashamed:

Added after 6 minutes:

Watch who you're calling old gal!!!! :) You're only as old as the person you're feeling!! :)

[i]Added after 2 minutes[

I used to go to the market in Brownhills - there was a chap who sold meat there, he was really funny. Bought some of my finches from there too - until I came to my senses and realised birds are much better flying free. :) - not the meat chap, the pet shop !!

I've had too much to drink - seeing double here!! :(

No - treble!! :( :(lol i was listening to radio 1 a few years ago and the caller was from brownhills and dave lee travis said " oh right i have been to the market there" i was dumbfounded!! we where on the map lol, saddly the market has gone now

Goforgold
24-09-2011, 20:54
well this will make you laugh, i had to go to the opticians the other day so they could see how i was getting on with my new contact lenses, and the optician could not understand how my eyesight had gotten worse over the course of a week? until she realised i had the lenses in the wrong eyes:ashamed:............... ... :rofl:.......

Added after 6 minutes:

lol i was listening to radio 1 a few years ago and the caller was from brownhills and dave lee travis said " oh right i have been to the market there" i was dumbfounded!! we where on the map lol, saddly the market has gone now

How long ago ??!!! :) DLT hasn't been on the radio for years!! LOL!!! - I'm shocked that the market has gone, it was always very busy!! :(

marbro8
24-09-2011, 20:58
How long ago ??!!! :) DLT hasn't been on the radio for years!! LOL!!! - I'm shocked that the market has gone, it was always very busy!! :(quite a few years ago:wink: sadly it's becoming a ghost town, but bescot market is thriving:spin:

chris
24-09-2011, 21:26
so, what are you drinking tonight? :D

Waiting till 10pm we never have a drink in the house before then but what time we finish depends on what's on telly.

cainaries
24-09-2011, 21:27
Is this thread straying slightly from the original question, do you think? And in answer to the original question. Just had my 'allocation' of 3 glasses of cool white. I'm in charge of my own allocations so I'm just wondering what to have next. May be nothing tonight but I'll be back in this bar again tomorrow night. Sleep well.

sorry, chris, wasn't referring to you but this conversation about markets.

christa
24-09-2011, 21:34
Just poured my second glass of wine, bloomin X factor has interferred with our dinner time, (red thai fish curry on simmer!!) gettin a bit passed food now, so happy to hang around this thread cos hate to think of Sunseeker drinking alone, also if I run out, is it possible to download a top up??

marbro8
24-09-2011, 21:39
Is this thread straying slightly from the original question, do you think? And in answer to the original question. Just had my 'allocation' of 3 glasses of cool white. I'm in charge of my own allocations so I'm just wondering what to have next. May be nothing tonight but I'll be back in this bar again tomorrow night. Sleep well.

sorry, chris, wasn't referring to you but this conversation about markets.??? i thought the forum was about chatting and enjoying a few laughs:confused: sometimes the conversation does drift off but soon gets back on track so what's the problem??? if there is a problem then move it to the dungeon

AL JAY
24-09-2011, 21:41
Hic...:trink2: Im having a few bottles of Heineken .....cheers everyone :crazy:

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2011, 21:45
:jumping:wooo hoooo just on my third !

Who's on their 4th

YOUNG GOLFER
24-09-2011, 21:55
Just about to open a very cold can of beer.....met a couple of forum members for the 1st time today and had two cans at their BBQ which turned out to be a nice afternoon.

Anyway cheers everyone.:cheers2:

LeFrunk
24-09-2011, 22:03
Hi Folks , Just home from work and poured a freezing cold Guinness , probably 2 more and it will put me to sleep , SALUTE, SLANCHE , CHEERS . sorry about the spelling .

Jackie
24-09-2011, 22:14
I am being a light weight tonight. After going for a meal at The Mongolian last night with work colleagues and all paid for by the boss ;) I am suffering slightly today lol. Had several Vodka and Cokes and a lovey Barraquito to finish in the restaurant before moving on to several more bars and several more Vodka and Cokes and Rose wine, I think :) and then getting home at 5 this morning. So for me today/tonight it is Coffee :)

christa
24-09-2011, 22:30
I am being a light weight tonight. After going for a meal at The Mongolian last night with work colleagues and all paid for by the boss ;) I am suffering slightly today lol. Had several Vodka and Cokes and a lovey Barraquito to finish in the restaurant before moving on to several more bars and several more Vodka and Cokes and Rose wine, I think :) and then getting home at 5 this morning. So for me today/tonight it is Coffee :)

Well done you!! I just wish I had the stamina to do this like I used to! Meanwhile .............. just poured 3rd glass of vino and dinner will taste SOOOOOOOO much better tomorrow night!!

dede
24-09-2011, 22:44
Im nearly to the bottom of a cheeky little number from lidl..very nice it is too..........

jewels
24-09-2011, 23:10
we are half way down our second bottle of vino tinto,cheers' xx

welsh wendy
25-09-2011, 00:07

you had a good time then. Would you recommend The Mongolian?

Davie Thistle
25-09-2011, 00:25
...........was going to my kip because my football team got beat - again!:crying2:

I'm depressed - But! decided to have a wee bottle or two of French la Vendange?
nearly sooked the second bottle dry!

half an hour and I'll be in my kip!:sleeping:
nitey nite forum peeps!

Goforgold
25-09-2011, 08:37
quite a few years ago:wink: sadly it's becoming a ghost town, but bescot market is thriving:spin:

Glad to hear it Marbro!! ;) Is Walsall market still as popular? I used to go there most weeks, many years ago. :)

Jackie
25-09-2011, 09:35
you had a good time then. Would you recommend The Mongolian?

I would recommend it. The food is lovely and the staff very good.

Goforgold
25-09-2011, 10:43
??? i thought the forum was about chatting and enjoying a few laughs:confused: sometimes the conversation does drift off but soon gets back on track so what's the problem??? if there is a problem then move it to the dungeon

..............................:dontknow:.......... .........................

I've started a little early today as usual - cappuchino with a small shot of Bailey's - just cant drink this UK coffee any other way. Just off to make another one ;)

marbro8
25-09-2011, 11:34
Glad to hear it Marbro!! ;) Is Walsall market still as popular? I used to go there most weeks, many years ago. :)yes still going strong and got bigger, to keep on topic i have just had my first drink of the day, but it's an energy drink to combat the dehydration:eyebrows:

Goforgold
25-09-2011, 11:38
yes still going strong and got bigger, to keep on topic i have just had my first drink of the day, but it's an energy drink to combat the dehydration:eyebrows:

Do these energy drinks really work? I've never tried one - could certainly do with some energy at the moment!

Not sure if this is on topic or not, but to keep on topic, I'm just drinking another coffee with Baileys - delicious!! :)

marbro8
25-09-2011, 11:52
Do these energy drinks really work? I've never tried one - could certainly do with some energy at the moment!

Not sure if this is on topic or not, but to keep on topic, I'm just drinking another coffee with Baileys - delicious!! :)i don't realy know lol but they taste nice and they do a calorie free one now so no harm in trying them:wink:

dokgolf
25-09-2011, 12:00
You need to take those energy drinks in moderation Gfg. They are full of caffeine, increase the metabolism and cause the release of a small amount of adrenaline. The trouble is, if you overdo it, you'll feel exhausted afterwards.

Suej
25-09-2011, 13:09
You need to take those energy drinks in moderation Gfg. They are full of caffeine, increase the metabolism and cause the release of a small amount of adrenaline. The trouble is, if you overdo it, you'll feel exhausted afterwards.

We have a great sports drink here that they sell in the Mercadona, well itīs a water really, but if you are feeling zapped on hot days or perspire a lot in the Tenerife summer heat itīs a great pick-me up!

sunseeker
25-09-2011, 14:40
urgggggh. hangover. :v2:

Goforgold
25-09-2011, 14:45
urgggggh. hangover. :v2:

Good afternoon Sunseeker :) You need a hair of the dog!!! ;)

sunseeker
25-09-2011, 15:10
a full english will do fine :)

Malteser Monkey
25-09-2011, 21:33
..............................:dontknow:.......... .........................

I've started a little early today as usual - cappuchino with a small shot of Bailey's - just cant drink this UK coffee any other way. Just off to make another one ;)

Blimey you have started early - you still with us ? I'm just getting my third glass of white - been out for food earlier

Not sure if this is on topic or not, but to keep on topic, I'm just drinking another coffee with Baileys - delicious!! :)

Well I'm not surprised if you're on the bailey's at these hours ???

We have a great sports drink here that they sell in the Mercadona, well itīs a water really, but if you are feeling zapped on hot days or perspire a lot in the Tenerife summer heat itīs a great pick-me up!

It's water ?:dontknow::crazy::cheeky:

you lot wanna start a bit later:laugh:

cainaries
25-09-2011, 22:43
Blimey you have started early - you still with us ? I'm just getting my third glass of white - been out for food earlier

Well I'm not surprised if you're on the bailey's at these hours ???

It's water ?:dontknow::crazy::cheeky:

you lot wanna start a bit later:laugh:

Quite agree, MM. An energy drink called water ... heard everything now! Anyone fancy a barraquito?

dokgolf
25-09-2011, 22:46

Is it just water or is there something added?

Goforgold
26-09-2011, 08:48
Is it just water or is there something added?

Lemons!!! ;)

Malteser Monkey
26-09-2011, 08:54
red bull maybe ?

dokgolf
26-09-2011, 09:50
Lemons!!! ;)

Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh!

Malteser Monkey
26-09-2011, 09:58
Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh!

do we not like lemons ?

Balcony
26-09-2011, 14:22
Fancy me reading this on a Monday, a wine free day! Oh, as it tomorrow. Can't wait to get back out to tenerife when normal rules don't apply! LOL Can join anyone for a drink at the bar then!

Malteser Monkey
26-09-2011, 14:45
There's such a thing as a wine free day ?:liar::faint::eek:

cainaries
26-09-2011, 14:53
There's such a thing as a wine free day ?:liar::faint::eek:

Not for the likes of us I don't think, Mme Monkey. Quite a scary thought in fact.

Malteser Monkey
26-09-2011, 15:05
Not for the likes of us I don't think, Mme Monkey. Quite a scary thought in fact.

phew ! What would we drink ?

May have to be that water SueJ's on about !

cainaries
26-09-2011, 15:09
phew ! What would we drink ?

May have to be that water SueJ's on about !

She's gone very quiet about that. I drink water because I should not because I like it particularly. Unless used to water down whisky or wine.

Malteser Monkey
26-09-2011, 15:14
used to water down wine.

:wow::bowdown::crylaughing::eek::crazy::ban::rofl: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

cainaries
26-09-2011, 15:18
:wow::bowdown::crylaughing::eek::crazy::ban::rofl: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

You are quite right, of course. I only do this when the weather is very hot and I need a large drink to cool down with. And then only the first pint or two.

Malteser Monkey
26-09-2011, 15:20
You are quite right, of course. I only do this when the weather is very hot and I need a large drink to cool down with. And then only the first pint or two.

Pints - Good girl !:drinking: