PDA

View Full Version : Fish Nibbling Tanks... who's had a go?

sunspot
25-09-2011, 14:46
When my Grand-daughter was over recently she thought this was amazing,in fact she went twice with her Boyfriend but im not sure i could stand the tickling,whos tried it and was it as good as she reckons'

marbro8
25-09-2011, 15:14
we tried it last time we were over, and it did tickle but i don't think it actually did anything, the one thing i did notice was the fact that of all the 20 fish in the tank only about 5-6 were actually doing any nibbling, but when a spaniard or canarian local tried it every one of the fish where nibbling away? i put it down to the fact that it may have been the spanish diet as opposed to our european diet, and their skin must taste differently????

sunseeker
25-09-2011, 15:14
ive done it. it REALLY tickles. it took about 5 mins just to get used to it and it was all i could do to keep my feet in there. was ok though.

put it down to the fact that it may have been the spanish diet as opposed to our european diet, and their skin must taste differently????nah. your feet were minging :D

marbro8
25-09-2011, 15:18
ive done it. it REALLY tickles. it took about 5 mins just to get used to it and it was all i could do to keep my feet in there. was ok though.

nah. your feet were minging :Dlol i take very good care of my feet and nails, i cut and file my nails every couple of weeks, feet and hands, my wife says it's a phobia but it's vanity really:wink:

Jackie
25-09-2011, 15:42
My daughter and I went last year. I think it is the sort of thing you would have to do on a weekly basis for it to have any real effect, a bit like any beauty/skin care routine. I have to say I did find it very relaxing but then I lloooovvveee having my feet tickled. I could have quite easily had my feet in the tank whilst sitting a nice comfy armchair and gone to sleep lol

marbro8
25-09-2011, 15:47
My daughter and I went last year. I think it is the sort of thing you would have to do on a weekly basis for it to have any real effect, a bit like any beauty/skin care routine. I have to say I did find it very relaxing but then I lloooovvveee having my feet tickled. I could have quite easily had my feet in the tank whilst sitting a nice comfy armchair and gone to sleep lolbuy your own tank then jackie, it wouldn't be that expensive:wink:

sunseeker
25-09-2011, 16:31
where do you get the fish?

Jackie
25-09-2011, 16:47
buy your own tank then jackie, it wouldn't be that expensive:wink:

I have a husband, three kids, two dogs and thanks to the fair in Los Cristianos two terrapins, do you really think I need a tank of fish to look after as well lol ;) Actually I don't think they are that cheap, about 3K per tank

marbro8
25-09-2011, 17:32
I have a husband, three kids, two dogs and thanks to the fair in Los Cristianos two terrapins, do you really think I need a tank of fish to look after as well lol ;) Actually I don't think they are that cheap, about 3K per tank that's called a menagerie lol, and 3k, that's a small price to pay to have your toes sucked every night, it cost sarah Ferguson more than that:eyebrows:

videotalker
26-09-2011, 19:22
I had it done for the first time last week, in the place on Porto Colon beach - takes a couple of mins to get used to it, feels weird at first, but I was very pleased with the result.
My feet looked good before I arrived in Tenerife, but as soon as I go on the beach, they dry up! I would recommend trying the fish pedicure.

Nic
21-10-2011, 21:27
I thought the Ayuntamiento de Arona had banned these fish spa places but there seem to be more popping up, I wonder if people will still go after reading recent press articles about them......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2050342/Fish-pedicures-foot-spas-spread-HIV-hepatitis-C.html

TenerifeFanatic
21-10-2011, 21:31
Breeding tank for spreading germs........me thinks!!:tiphat:

woolli
22-10-2011, 08:42
By all accounts, according to the latest news,there is a chance you could get HIV or hepititas B using these fish spas. Stick to your local chiropodist I say.

Suej
22-10-2011, 10:11
I heard something on Oasis about the health issues and dangers of using these tanks one issue was on the spread of Aids! canīt see how this would be possible but anyway...donīt shoot the messenger! it was only what I heard but itīs enough to put me off!

atlantico
22-10-2011, 10:48
The fish cost Ģ5 - Ģ7 each. You need at least 100 per tank to be beneficial. The fish also need to be fed fish food. They also need half a days rest from feet. The water needs to be changed over at a rate of 20% per day. The filters need cleaning every week. Fish die at a rate of at least 1 per day. The water needs to be kept at a constant temperature. You can get 'fake' Garra Rufa fish !

If these fishy feet places are not doing the above, you're wasting your time and money.

The above reasons, after 2 months of research, are why I decided not to get into offering fish pedicures in my UK shops. Look on ebay, already salons are off loading their equipment. Its a 'fad' which will flop in no time at all. In Tenerife we have a high turn over of new customers every week, but in the UK, unless in a large town or city (which is where these places are) you'd soon use up all your customers as its a 'i'll try it once' experience

lozzie1821
22-10-2011, 11:36
i use the fish spa once a week... have done since they came on the island... i love them!!! Ive even considered getting my own for personal use at home....

got to be honest since what ive read in papers about the whole hiv spread thats "supposed to be able to happen" ive been wary but it hasnt stopped me going... i use the same shop & i go as soon as the shop opens so that way im the 1st one in to use it and the fish "could" be alot hungrier than during the day...

i think they are great.. might even go today now im thinking about it :D

Terrynsue
22-10-2011, 14:17
RSPCA are kicking off in the UK saying owners underfeed them in order to make them hungrier, the one here in Exmouth is very popular, summat fishy going on but i will stop carping as it ain;t my plaice to comment as the old trout loves em.

henry
22-10-2011, 21:55
RSPCA are kicking off in the UK saying owners underfeed them in order to make them hungrier, the one here in Exmouth is very popular, summat fishy going on but i will stop carping as it ain;t my plaice to comment as the old trout loves em.

broskiīs will i ever try the fish spa??? no, are you serious bro?? it be my surprized i put my sexy tooties for a min. and take them out there be nothing but my feet in bones. they eat the skin my muscles and leave the bones. na i donīt think so!! but i have them them now and then when i walking in las americas.

Sal
22-10-2011, 22:07
There are now reports that HIV and Hepatitis B can be transmitted via these fish pedicures!

henry
22-10-2011, 22:12
broskiīs will i ever try the fish spa??? no, are you serious bro?? it be my surprized i put my sexy tooties for a min. and take them out there be nothing but my feet in bones. they eat the skin my muscles and leave the bones. na i donīt think so!! but i have seen them now and then when i walking in las americas.

i mispelling a word and just correct it

penelope pitstop
23-10-2011, 23:29
I tried it 10 days ago on Tenerife 10 days or so ago & didn't think it made the slightest difference to my hard skin on my feet! Total waste of money.

A friend told me today there has been a warning about it as it could cause infections & possibly cancer!!!!!!!!!! Not so sure about that as it does sound a bit OTT, but I won't ever have it done again.

It is in high demand in the UK, my local beautician is installing the fish soon as she has had so much demand for it. They charge Ģ15 here in the UK, double what it costs in Tenerife!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunspot
23-10-2011, 23:36
After all the comments about these tanks i am going to stick to my usual method.......................Rough sandpaper:whistle:

penelope pitstop
23-10-2011, 23:38
Much safer! I will stick with my Chiropodist!

Ecky Thump
23-10-2011, 23:56
After all the comments about these tanks i am going to stick to my usual method.......................Rough sandpaper:whistle:

Or your normal method of walking home from the pub with no shoes on!:vodkamachine:

sunspot
23-10-2011, 23:58
Or your normal method of walking home from the pub with no shoes on!:vodkamachine:

Oh very funny Ecky and so dam quick, i am, going to kick your butt next time we meet....................:raspberry2:

irishmusico
24-10-2011, 11:44
Is there any restaurant with these little fishies on the menu? I would be interested to to try them after they have been fed.A kind of legal cannibalism. :)

kingbaker
24-10-2011, 18:22
My daughter and I went last year. I think it is the sort of thing you would have to do on a weekly basis for it to have any real effect, a bit like any beauty/skin care routine. I have to say I did find it very relaxing but then I lloooovvveee having my feet tickled. I could have quite easily had my feet in the tank whilst sitting a nice comfy armchair and gone to sleep lol

Jackie sleepin' with the fishes..............not there's a thought!!!!!

theloner
24-10-2011, 19:20
Is there any restaurant with these little fishies on the menu? I would be interested to to try them after they have been fed.A kind of legal cannibalism. :)

The Aberdeen Angus up from Cobra Bar has them right next to the dining tables, so you could eat and have ur feet nibbled at the same time maybe throw a chip or two or a bit of fish into the tank then recycle??

Jackie
24-10-2011, 20:22
Jackie sleepin' with the fishes..............not there's a thought!!!!!

haha I am sure there are a few people that would like to see me sleeping with the fishes ;)

Jackie Buyer
24-10-2011, 20:27
I tried this last year in Tenerife, didn't do my feet any good & it was the strangest sensation. When I was in Singapore a couple of years ago, the tanks held different size fish & I imagine the bigger the fish the more they chewed