PDA

View Full Version : Advertising: Probably the best...?

doreen
25-09-2011, 16:49
Well, is it "probably the best lager".... would this make you drink (more) Carlsberg ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RS3iB47nQ6E

Goforgold
25-09-2011, 16:52
Definitely not!!! However I did happen try a Carlsberg last week, as they don't sell my favourite Fosters and it wasn't bad!! :)

sunseeker
25-09-2011, 16:56
brilliant :D id sit down. especially if a free beers involved. :yum:

dokgolf
25-09-2011, 17:28
That's probably the best ad I've ever seen!

doreen
25-09-2011, 17:36

You know the old adage that only 50% of advertising works, but no one knows which 50% ... so what is this ad saying - you are macho or special if you sit in the cinema ??

marbro8
25-09-2011, 17:47
brilliant :D id sit down. especially if a free beers involved. :yum:you would just love all that butch male company to yourself:eyebrows:

Goforgold
25-09-2011, 18:13

Why, out of interest? :)

marbro8
25-09-2011, 18:18
Why, out of interest? :)he is probably just jocking like a play on the word "probably" as in "probably the best larger in the world":wink:

dokgolf
25-09-2011, 18:19
I'll write it again "Thats PROBABLY the best ad I've ever seen for the best lager in the world....PROBABLY:)

Goforgold
25-09-2011, 18:30
I'll write it again "Thats PROBABLY the best ad I've ever seen for the best lager in the world....PROBABLY:)

Cheers!! :)

I only watched a bit of the add so didn't hear all the words, but remember a discussion on the radio about 'probably' being used in the adds. It was said that the translation didn't come across well in Japan or somewhere, and could have an effect on sales. Something like that.....

sunseeker
25-09-2011, 18:30
You know the old adage that only 50% of advertising works, but no one knows which 50% ... so what is this ad saying - you are macho or special if you sit in the cinema ??no. the people get a beer if they have the guts to sit down with all the bikers. thats what it says to me.

Goforgold
25-09-2011, 18:31
he is probably just jocking like a play on the word "probably" as in "probably the best larger in the world":wink:

I'm a bit slow - I don't watch ads if I can help it :)

Added after 8 minutes:

no. the people get a beer if they have the guts to sit down with all the bikers. thats what it says to me.

I'll pass on that beer then thanks!! ;)

karinagal
25-09-2011, 18:43
To me it's all about people making snap judgements. They've paid for their seats, there are 2 seats available but they have to sit in the middle of a crowd of burly bikers with tattoos... do they have the guts to go for it? Those who did were rewarded with acceptance and a beer and a good old giggle!! I would have been in there like a shot - biker dudes are my kinda people.. I've been at the Thunder in the Glens Harley Davidson rally in Aviemore with 20 other Harley riding women and we were all breast cancer survivors. I've seen these big, burly, tattooed guys wearing pink t shirts and blubbing like girlies as they collected money and paid tribute to US. Their welcome was unequivocal and unconditional.

Like I said - my kinda people!!