PDA

View Full Version : Urgh cockroaches. How can I get rid of them in Tenerife?

sunseeker
25-09-2011, 18:47
ive got some of the little buggers in my kitchen in my apartment. can anyone recommend something to get rid of then as there awful. i may have to mve if i cant as im not staying in the same house as them. either they go or i do :(

dokgolf
25-09-2011, 18:58
There is stuff called Baygon available in Hyper Trebol. Also, get a mastic gun and a tube of silicone and seal any cracks etc behind presses, worktops etc.

cressrt
25-09-2011, 19:49
There are a lot around at the moment. You need to find out where they come from / are living, normally the drains, often prevalent in the patio drains as these do not often get cleaned as often. If you are on a complex make sure the community cleans the drains regularly. As the previous post said try to seal gaps and holes. If it is really bad you can get a company in to fumigate / clean up.

Malteser Monkey
25-09-2011, 21:42
There is stuff called Baygon available in Hyper Trebol. Also, get a mastic gun and a tube of silicone and seal any cracks etc behind presses, worktops etc.

I totally agree, that's what I did when I lived in Las Americas but there is some better stuff called Ebogon ? something like that you get it in the ferreterias - it's exellente

timmylish
26-09-2011, 00:54
There is also an electrical device now on the market which I understand to be effective. Cannot remember its name but advertised on local TV.

AL JAY
26-09-2011, 03:05
Sunseeker put some of your San Valentin in a saucer and put a handful of grit by it they will get pi**ed and stone each other to death.:bat::eek::drunk2::crazy:

Suej
26-09-2011, 11:42
I would go straight to the President of the complex and ask when the complex was last fumigated,you can go and spend fortunes on the sprays but the cockys will come back if fumigation isnīt carried out regularly. I have watched them lift up the drain covers in the communal areas on our complex and there are always hundreds of the buggers! so of course the will multiply and spread! do you see lots of baby ones?