PDA

View Full Version : Which restaurants are open on Christmas and New Year's Eve in Tenerife?

koenteddybear
26-09-2011, 10:48
Which restaurants are open on christmas eve and new years eve in the PDLA & Costa Adeje region?
Any other suggestions for christmas eve & new years eve for any activities?
Fire works? concerts? local cultural activity?

kind regards
greetings

tonypub
26-09-2011, 10:49
all of them

Muppet
26-09-2011, 11:03
Actually no.

Pretty much everywhere will be open on New Year's eve with fireworks at midnight, but Christmas eve is a very different story. The Canarian's celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, as opposed to the "brits" who celebrate on the 25th and 26 (No such thing as Boxing Day here).

Restaurants which are owned by, or staffed by Spanish / Canarian people will often close early on Christmas Eve, those that don't will be busy and early booking recommended.

koenteddybear
26-09-2011, 13:27
What are the specific places canarians go to when they are done with the meal on christmas eve and new years day,
(Town) square? beach event?
I heard something about los cristianos chruch square:)
:):thanx:

Muppet
26-09-2011, 13:37
Christmas Eve you will find most of them at home with their families followed by midnight mass

New Year's eve, lots of town centre gatherings in local Plaza's - most towns and villages - don't think you'll find many at the beach - too cold!

slodgedad
26-09-2011, 20:39
I'm hard pressed to think of one that will be closed....

Muppet
26-09-2011, 22:02

When - Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve ??

primrose
26-09-2011, 22:11

Almost all open Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, and last time I was at Los Christianos on New Years Eve there were hundreds on the beach watching the Fireworks.