PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else finding Chrome very slow today?

Suej
27-09-2011, 10:20
I have been waiting well over a minute from Chrome to connect today, anyone else finding it very slow? Firefox seems Ok!:smashpc:

Malteser Monkey
27-09-2011, 10:21
I'm finding GFG a bit slow today - Jade Goody ??:lol::cheeky: !!!!!!

I am using firefox today and it's fine

morning SueJ !!

Suej
27-09-2011, 10:41
I'm finding GFG a bit slow today - Jade Goody ??:lol::cheeky: !!!!!!

I am using firefox today and it's fine

morning SueJ !!

DUH!!! Yeah I know Firefox is OK I just said so! Morning MM you OK?:wave:

Malteser Monkey
27-09-2011, 10:46
DUH!!! Yeah I know Firefox is OK I just said so! Morning MM you OK?:wave:

Ooooo get you - well it may not be ok for everyone !!:crazy:

Suej
27-09-2011, 10:59
Ooooo get you - well it may not be ok for everyone !!:crazy:

:sorry:You at work?

Malteser Monkey
27-09-2011, 11:04
:sorry:You at work?

Si ! don't have an option at home only have IE

Suej
27-09-2011, 12:54
Si ! don't have an option at home only have IE

You don´t have to stick with IE MM! you can install Firefox or Chrome both faster and better than IE too! It looks like I´m the only one so far who´s got a problem with Chrome today!:dontknow:

Malteser Monkey
27-09-2011, 13:10
I'll go and try it for you

Are they free to install ?

Right well here I am logged in in Chrome ! How quick was that - it's you SueJ - peddle a bit faster mujer

Suej
27-09-2011, 13:12
I'll go and try it for you

Are they free to install ?

Don´t worry for me MM! I just thought you might like to try them for your own use!:) Yes they are free to install!:wink:

Malteser Monkey
27-09-2011, 13:26
Ohh I do anything for you Sue nowt is too much trouble:cheeky:

Suej
27-09-2011, 14:17
Ohh I do anything for you Sue nowt is too much trouble:cheeky:

You´re a mate MM!:) Actually Google Chrome is not responding at all, I might have to uninstall the blady thing! :cry:

Goforgold
27-09-2011, 19:28
You don´t have to stick with IE MM! you can install Firefox or Chrome both faster and better than IE too! It looks like I´m the only one so far who´s got a problem with Chrome today!:dontknow:

I use Chrome for most things but most times I perform an action I have problems because the download speed is too slow to cope with it. I never have a problem with Firefox in this way, but I do like the way Chrome sets things out.

Every time I click on a Notification from TF, My Documents opens up, so I have to close that box and then click on the link again, sometimes I have to do this several times before I can get into the forum. I also often get that "No Data" thingie too when I'm doing something. :(

Suej
27-09-2011, 20:30
I use Chrome for most things but most times I perform an action I have problems because the download speed is too slow to cope with it. I never have a problem with Firefox in this way, but I do like the way Chrome sets things out.

Every time I click on a Notification from TF, My Documents opens up, so I have to close that box and then click on the link again, sometimes I have to do this several times before I can get into the forum. I also often get that "No Data" thingie too when I'm doing something. :(

Thanks GFG! Chrome loads but the home page is just white and I cannot open any webpages...it´s not just slow it´s not responding at all:(

Malteser Monkey
27-09-2011, 21:09
well I can't do anything tonight with IE apart from reply advanced

Can someone link me an update to chrome or one of the other browsers please

thanks

slodgedad
27-09-2011, 21:41

thanks

Firefox 6. (http://www.getfirefox.net/) The bee's knees

timmylish
27-09-2011, 23:01
I,m running all three at this moment and no probs at all. If Chrome persists then the best thing to do is to uninstall but make sure that you delete, completely, all the crap left . Something like Ccleaner, Advanced Systems (the uninstall feature is good) ot TweakNowReg.Cleaner. If the crap is not cleaned out all that happens is to slow that system down!

AL JAY
27-09-2011, 23:27

thanks

Can you get Firefox in Welsh Wales?:fpull::D

Suej
28-09-2011, 09:40
I,m running all three at this moment and no probs at all. If Chrome persists then the best thing to do is to uninstall but make sure that you delete, completely, all the crap left . Something like Ccleaner, Advanced Systems (the uninstall feature is good) ot TweakNowReg.Cleaner. If the crap is not cleaned out all that happens is to slow that system down!

Hi Timmy! thanks for your reply! I am going to uninstall Chrome today and reinstall. When I first put the post on here Chrome was opening up with a blank white page, when I clicked on TF it just wouldn´t connect to any sites, I´ve done all the things I can think of even checked the Firewall but nada! I used CCleaner twice yesterday and did a disk clean the lot! all other browers Firefox and IE are running perfectly. :crazy:

markcuk
28-09-2011, 14:49

:) firefox 7 now!!!

Suej
28-09-2011, 17:08
:) firefox 7 now!!!

Just updated mine but can´t see any difference???

markcuk
28-09-2011, 18:16
mostly bug fixes! they have changed the way they number updates for some reason

Added after 5 minutes:

i came across this http://code.stephenmorley.org/php/google-chrome-blank-white-page-bug/

try this to fix problem

Bring up the Chrome "Tools" menu by clicking on the little wrench icon.
Click on the "Options" menu item.
Click on the "Under the Hood" Chrome Options tab.
Click on the "Use DNS pre-fetching to improve page load performance" check box. Make sure there is no little green checkmark in the box -- if there is, click it again to make the checkmark go away.
Click on the Close Button.
Click on the Reload icon (circular arrow), and PRESTO! the page should load promptly.

Malteser Monkey
28-09-2011, 19:50
Can you get Firefox in Welsh Wales?:fpull::D

Oi wotchit ! Yes we have electricity and running water I'll have you know !!!:cheeky::respect:

Muchas gracias hunny !

Suej
28-09-2011, 20:19
mostly bug fixes! they have changed the way they number updates for some reason

Added after 5 minutes:

i came across this http://code.stephenmorley.org/php/google-chrome-blank-white-page-bug/

try this to fix problem

Bring up the Chrome "Tools" menu by clicking on the little wrench icon.
Click on the "Options" menu item.
Click on the "Under the Hood" Chrome Options tab.
Click on the "Use DNS pre-fetching to improve page load performance" check box. Make sure there is no little green checkmark in the box -- if there is, click it again to make the checkmark go away.
Click on the Close Button.
Click on the Reload icon (circular arrow), and PRESTO! the page should load promptly.

I could not get into Chrome to do any of the above:( uninstalled it for now!

Oi wotchit ! Yes we have electricity and running water I'll have you know !!!:cheeky::respect:

Muchas gracias hunny !

You´re such a brown noser MM!:crylaughing:

slodgedad
28-09-2011, 20:30
Wouldn't dream of updating til I get positive feedback.

Went to 3 and back to 2

Went to 4 and back to 2

Went to 5 and back to 2

Went to 6 and stayed.

Wouldn't dream of trying 7 til the guinea pigs have tried it.

As I've said before, Firefox 6 is the bee's kees, just wish I could get the same page lay out as 2, but I'll forego that for the extra speed.

Malteser Monkey
28-09-2011, 21:20
You´re such a brown noser MM!:crylaughing:

Manners SueJ I was brought up wiv 'em - someone gives you summit - you say thank you :cheeky:

anyway will be walking down our high street friday or saturday - would you like me to take some pics of the old place now ??

timmylish
28-09-2011, 23:29
Aye, aye Sue but, have you uninstalled the bloody thing, first of all?!

Malteser Monkey
29-09-2011, 18:15
I am here Sue ! Phew it's blinkin hot down here :cheeky:

Suej
29-09-2011, 18:21
Wouldn't dream of updating til I get positive feedback.

Went to 3 and back to 2

Went to 4 and back to 2

Went to 5 and back to 2

Went to 6 and stayed.

Wouldn't dream of trying 7 til the guinea pigs have tried it.

As I've said before, Firefox 6 is the bee's kees, just wish I could get the same page lay out as 2, but I'll forego that for the extra speed.

I can´t see that the page layout or anything else has changed at all Slodge!

Added after 3 minutes:

Aye, aye Sue but, have you uninstalled the bloody thing, first of all?!

Yep I did uninstall Timmy and reinstalled it again! still doesn´t want to know! pages are not repsonding and it just asks if I want to Kill the pages or wait! BAH!!! so uninstalled it again. I think there must be something somewhere that is blocking it:redcard::dontknow:

timmylish
29-09-2011, 20:50
Sue. I really want to help you so here goes again with another suggestion because for certain things Chrome is excellent and I don,t want you to miss out.
So, are you prepared to install another programme which I use for particularly difficult cases and have found it to be excellent over the last couple of years as more and more crap ends up on PC,s?
If you wish I,ll post details and talk you thru' it once installed. If not, then well so what? Let me know. I,m just taking his master,s choice out for a couple of minutes and to have a fag in peace!

Malteser Monkey
01-10-2011, 10:36
any joy yet Sue are you working ok now ?

Suej
01-10-2011, 10:40
Sue. I really want to help you so here goes again with another suggestion because for certain things Chrome is excellent and I don,t want you to miss out.
So, are you prepared to install another programme which I use for particularly difficult cases and have found it to be excellent over the last couple of years as more and more crap ends up on PC,s?
If you wish I,ll post details and talk you thru' it once installed. If not, then well so what? Let me know. I,m just taking his master,s choice out for a couple of minutes and to have a fag in peace!

Yes Please Timmy! the only thing is I have my Sis arriving in the morning and have tons to do today! but I´ll install the program and contact you when installed as soon as I have time...Is that OK with you? X:wave:

any joy yet Sue are you working ok now ?

I´m using Firefox MM! it´s good and fast but I did prefer Chrome! so will take up Timmy´s offer and see if I can get it to install properly!:)

Malteser Monkey
01-10-2011, 10:49
the only thing is I have my Sis arriving in the morning and have tons to do today!

Be prepared Sue J she may be more tanned than you:cheeky:

Have a lovely time - did you see I am down sowf

how long since you have been here ?

timmylish
02-10-2011, 01:10
I,ve not been on to-day but will be on to-morrow so we will speak Sunday. I,ll be on after 11.11 am.