PDA

View Full Version : Moderators are there any?

Chrislaff
27-09-2011, 14:49
Why are my posts not getting through?
Chrislaff
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

Argggh this is getting hard work lol

Added after 48 minutes:

I have written 2 quite exhaustive and I thought helpfull posts to this thread but they keep getting stopped and placed in limbo awaiting moderation? Have I got to try a third time to remember all I penned trying to help everyone? or will someone eventually wake up and press a button? lol Maņana maybe

TOTO 99
27-09-2011, 14:53
Why are my posts not getting through?
Chrislaff
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

Argggh this is getting hard work lol

Added after 48 minutes:

I have written 2 quite exhaustive and I thought helpfull posts to this thread but they keep getting stopped and placed in limbo awaiting moderation? Have I got to try a third time to remember all I penned trying to help everyone? or will someone eventually wake up and press a button? lol Maņana maybe

This post got through.....:cheeky:

Malteser Monkey
27-09-2011, 14:56
Naaa No Mods now - nothing to Moderate:lol:

Your posts are getting through - I can see them

Chrislaff
27-09-2011, 15:04
These ones are getting through and all the others in different forums are also, but the two I spent ages on posted in reply to Cairos Anti virus problem are being stopped with that message?

If there are no mods then i'm wasting my time.

TenerifeTeddy
27-09-2011, 15:10
I have just read your post and found 2 posts awaiting moderation that I have validated and they should now be available on the forum.

Your posts were automodded by the software because of links in the text.

Just for your information please be aware that all the mods are volunteers on the forum, who do their moderating around work and other commitments. So it may be that a moderator is not always available, but rest assured outstanding issues will be dealt with as soon as a mod logs and sees there are posts to action.

Chrislaff
27-09-2011, 15:25
Ah superb, glad it's not broke, Thanks Teddy Your a Star. :goodluck:

Ian55
27-09-2011, 16:00
Ah superb, glad it's not broke, Thanks Teddy Your a Star. :goodluck:

You wait all day for a Moderator then 2 turn up the same day :lol:

Malteser Monkey
27-09-2011, 16:10
Yup it's the male ones - can't multi task:cheeky:

Vortex Wake
27-09-2011, 16:53
My vote goes to the forum software.

Some people are only interested in this forum to promote their signature weblink - hence a lot of older threads being resurrected and replied too.

Ian55
27-09-2011, 18:17

I can MM, see i type with 2 fingers :crylaughing:

9PLUS
27-09-2011, 18:42
It maybe because you are advertising a business without reading the terms & Conditions of the forum...

TenerifeTeddy
27-09-2011, 19:44

I was eating and modding, hence why I have such a mucky keyboard:spin:

Chrislaff
28-09-2011, 11:08
*Ducks salvo from Vortex* are you saying new members shouldn't bother reading and replying to old messages and they do it only for their own self interest if so why not lock the threads and while your there lock out new members too.

garlicbread
28-09-2011, 14:15
*Ducks salvo from Vortex* are you saying new members shouldn't bother reading and replying to old messages and they do it only for their own self interest if so why not lock the threads and while your there lock out new members too.

May I ask why you feel the need to be this aggressive on the Forum??

doreen
28-09-2011, 14:17
You are welcome Chris ... and don't forget, you're never alone here either ;)

Malteser Monkey
28-09-2011, 19:54

didn't think he was being GB - has been fine with all other postings and sorry vortex but I thought your comment was a little unusual. We bump threads for good reasons usually - can't see anything wrong with bringing up an old thread regardless of signatures. IN my opinion

anyway let's carry on !:)

kingbaker
29-09-2011, 22:17

OI!!! ENOUGH of these sexist remarks thank you!!!!!!!!!!:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

slodgedad
29-09-2011, 22:21
OI!!! ENOUGH of these sexist remarks thank you!!!!!!!!!!:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

She's right though,,:ashamed:

Ecky Thump
13-06-2016, 10:33
. Moderator

It has to be asked again, are there any ACTIVE Moderators on the forum? At the moment we have a member named Gradylondon whose recent threads have been reported by many of us, but we all appear to be totally ignored, or maybe we are wrong in reporting these threads and that the moderators and forum owner thinks that they are acceptable.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Why on earth would someone want to be a moderator on here when all we get nowadays is a bunch of children playing games in the fun and games section. I normally block this section so I don't have to read the rubbish but opened it just now to find 2 out of 25 posts today are in this fun and games section. WTF has it all got to do with Tenerife????

The reason for all the games coming to the forefront is a attempt to make the posts by Gradylondon not to appear on the opening page of the forum, these are the posts that have been reported using the forum format and as of yet nothing has been done about them.....

Ecky Thump
14-06-2016, 08:46

Because no moderators are communicating with us and when one does, the thread ofton gets closed with no right of reply as has been seen today.

I_N_Cognito
14-06-2016, 15:42
Remember you have choices...

doreen
14-06-2016, 16:44
Underhand Minty :(

I_N_Cognito
14-06-2016, 16:59
:sorry:

:whistle:

Ecky Thump
14-06-2016, 17:23
Remember you have choices...

Yes, the choice is participating in this forum that generally gives gives sound information, some entertainment and balanced point of views or join a make-believe forum, but the only way that this one can survive is for the members to participate and be supported by willing and fair minded, attentive and willing moderators along with the nessasary support of the owner.

I_N_Cognito
15-06-2016, 02:39
Joined Tenerife Forum 17/07/11, number of posts including this one 99, members I have met in person who partake on this forum zero...

Joined Tenerife Forum Of Fun 07/10/11 number of posts 15339, members I have met either in the UK or Tenerife, most of the regular posters...

Oh, was also a member of "The" Tenerife Forum but that ended up the same place as the owners head...

And my interest in Tenerife,,, holidayed there for over twenty years, have owned property there for over ten years, and try to get out there as often as I can...

You posted:-

"Yes, the choice is participating in this forum that generally gives gives sound information, some entertainment and balanced point of views or join a make-believe forum, but the only way that this one can survive is for the members to participate and be supported by willing and fair minded, attentive and willing moderators along with the nessasary support of the owner."

"A make-believe forum",,, Is it,,, it's as popular as this one at the moment,,, mainly made up of people who were either barred from here or decided to go voluntary,,, my reason for very rarely posting here,,, your wish, "Moderators", posts deleted, not for bad language or personally attacking anyone, just for disagreeing with someones opinion and putting forward reasonable argument,,, all you get on here is requests to "Close The Thread",,, why open a thread in the first place if you don't want discussion,,, it is a forum..........

And the "Balanced point of views" bit,,, your on the wrong forum mate, with jokes like that join us...

You got a new member (Marlene Ash) yesterday, number of welcomes including mine, six, I recall when a new member on this forum would have had two/three pages of welcomes,,, take a look in a mirror...

So keep closing the threads and you'll eventually close the forum, I actually only log in to do the daily quiz, but love a bun fight so when I saw you lot thumping on about not being modded enough I thought I'd join in, now go get you maw to change your nappy and heat your bottle...

Oh, Doreen, nice to know you still care... x

Ecky Thump
15-06-2016, 08:55
Joined Tenerife Forum 17/07/11, number of posts including this one 99, members I have met in person who partake on this forum zero...

Joined Tenerife Forum Of Fun 07/10/11 number of posts 15339, members I have met either in the UK or Tenerife, most of the regular posters...

Oh, was also a member of "The" Tenerife Forum but that ended up the same place as the owners head...

And my interest in Tenerife,,, holidayed there for over twenty years, have owned property there for over ten years, and try to get out there as often as I can...

You posted:-

"Yes, the choice is participating in this forum that generally gives gives sound information, some entertainment and balanced point of views or join a make-believe forum, but the only way that this one can survive is for the members to participate and be supported by willing and fair minded, attentive and willing moderators along with the nessasary support of the owner."

"A make-believe forum",,, Is it,,, it's as popular as this one at the moment,,, mainly made up of people who were either barred from here or decided to go voluntary,,, my reason for very rarely posting here,,, your wish, "Moderators", posts deleted, not for bad language or personally attacking anyone, just for disagreeing with someones opinion and putting forward reasonable argument,,, all you get on here is requests to "Close The Thread",,, why open a thread in the first place if you don't want discussion,,, it is a forum..........

And the "Balanced point of views" bit,,, your on the wrong forum mate, with jokes like that join us...

So keep closing the threads and you'll eventually close the forum, I actually only log in to do the daily quiz, but love a bun fight so when I saw you lot thumping on about not being modded enough I thought I'd join in, now go get you maw to change your nappy and heat your bottle...

Oh doreen, nice to know you still care...x

I've been on this forum for many years and yes it has had its ups and downs, including the Moderator team.

Balanced points of view comes from discussion and there has been over the years many of them, some mild and some lively and showing anger, but that's just life in the real world.

With you not meeting any Forum members then I would suggest that you revisit and see how many opportunities over the past years you have missed or ignored, as I personally have met about 50 - 60 members and some have become good personel friends.

I'm not going to speculate as to what forum you are participating on, as I don't particularly care, as long as your happy there, that's fine. You seemed to have made a speculative guess in what forum I referred to as a "make believe forum", well you can speculate as long as you wish and I will not confirm or deny which one, or if indeed I was referring to any particular one!!

As for your parting remark about 'changing nappies and heating bottles' it's beyond my comprehension if it's to be taken as humour or a insulting remark...but again ...I care not.:bootyshake: ;)

Carol55
15-06-2016, 17:30
I've been on this forum for many years and yes it has had its ups and downs, including the Moderator team.

Balanced points of view comes from discussion and there has been over the years many of them, some mild and some lively and showing anger, but that's just life in the real world.

With you not meeting any Forum members then I would suggest that you revisit and see how many opportunities over the past years you have missed or ignored, as I personally have met about 50 - 60 members and some have become good personel friends.

I'm not going to speculate as to what forum you are participating on, as I don't particularly care, as long as your happy there, that's fine. You seemed to have made a speculative guess in what forum I referred to as a "make believe forum", well you can speculate as long as you wish and I will not confirm or deny which one, or if indeed I was referring to any particular one!!

As for your parting remark about 'changing nappies and heating bottles' it's beyond my comprehension if it's to be taken as humour or a insulting remark...but again ...I care not.:bootyshake: ;)

It's not like you not to speculate!! :D

I was also going to say care, but generally you do.....Darling.:love2:

LindaD
15-06-2016, 17:34
It's not like you not to speculate!! :D

I was also going to say care, but generally you do.....Darling.:love2:

Hello Carol - nothing useful to add but just thought I would say hello :wave:

Susief23
15-06-2016, 18:21

I too have been a member of this forum for many years, under its different guises.
I see it dying a slow death, it's bad when the mods start calling its members, well out of order.
Once upon a time this forum was informative and a good laugh, gone are the days. Just get idiots on spamming and nothing being done about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecky Thump
15-06-2016, 20:09
I too have been a member of this forum for many years, under its different guises.
I see it dying a slow death, it's bad when the mods start calling its members, well out of order.
Once upon a time this forum was informative and a good laugh, gone are the days. Just get idiots on spamming and nothing being done about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I'm aware it's only one particular Moderator who has made a unneeded generalised caustic remark about forum members. :dontknow:

It would be interesting to know how many active moderators there are on the forum and how many are needed. delderek did start a thread yesterday asking this and the only reply was from nurse ratchet who thought it wasn't important to know!

marbro8
15-06-2016, 22:49
ha ha ha ha nothing changes:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. i only logged on to see what ingognito's image was. must admit i have missed a few friends. but not this:lol:rolleyes2:

Medman
15-06-2016, 22:58
ha ha ha ha nothing changes:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. i only logged on to see what ingognito's image was. must admit i have missed a few friends. but not this:lol:rolleyes2:

Hi Mark, brought a smile to my face when I saw you on ... come back mate

marbro8

you just missed Eric

LindaD
15-06-2016, 23:12
Hi Mark - nice to hear from you. I saw Harmonicaman thanking someone on this thread too. Hope this means you're both thinking about coming back :hello:

Medman
15-06-2016, 23:15
Hi Mark - nice to hear from you. I saw Harmonicaman thanking someone on this thread too. Hope this means you're both thinking about coming back :hello:

I did notice him earlier (another Scot)

LindaD
15-06-2016, 23:19
I did notice him earlier (another Scot)

Yip indeedie MedM - all we need now is Angus Jim to make an appearance :D

Leam_Lin
16-06-2016, 10:37
Mark,

nice to see you back.

macdonald5
16-06-2016, 15:05
See another couple of scammers have joined in

blondie
16-06-2016, 15:11
Mark,

nice to see you back.

Hi Marbro , you must be having a right laugh , have you ever seen anything like this forum at the minute . Most of what went on earlier I must admit went over my head but I am sure I can speak for all when I say come back , we miss you and bring your pals back too

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Mark,

nice to see you back.

Hi Marbro , you must be having a right laugh , have you ever seen anything like this forum at the minute . Most of what went on earlier I must admit went over my head but I am sure I can speak for all when I say come back , we miss you and bring your pals back too

Medman
16-06-2016, 17:26
See another couple of scammers have joined in

Gone now thanks to our Mods .. :c2: