PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Broken Sony Vaio 17"

walkerj3
28-09-2011, 08:48
Beautiful 17" Sony Vaio PC, Model VGN-AR88L Windows 7 64bit in English, 4GB RAM, 250GB RAM, Office 2007 installed still with original Sony box.

Bought for 750euros 2.5 years ago and been used as a house PC not laptop for downloading TV, films, music and playing games etc.

I fault, the GE Force Graphics has burnt out and I am certain it cannot be replaced as it might mean replacing the motherboard it is mounted on aswell. The only symptoms you see is that the laptop now uses the Windows standard graphics card which means you cannot play hardcore geeky games online and there is a red tinge around the open windows.

If you can live with that then it is a bargain, I have been torn to keep it as it is beautiful and has a huge screen but if I have to buy another PC for gaming then that means 3 computers in the house and I don't have the space.

If anyone is interested in it for 150euros take a look at the pictures attached which show the extend of the red 'tinge' and you can come and have a look at it working and I'll also leave all the films, TV series I have on there.

Thanks

Vortex Wake
28-09-2011, 09:06
And connected to a computer monitor or TV via vga - what happens to the picture?

walkerj3
28-09-2011, 09:11
I haven't tried. It does have VGA and HDMI output but I am not sure if it will display if the GE Force graphics card has gone, and if it does it will probably show the same red tinge.

Vortex Wake
28-09-2011, 09:18
That is why I asked the question ;)

There is a slim possibility that it might display ok.

walkerj3
28-09-2011, 10:17
I will test it when I pop home and let you know.

Vortex Wake
28-09-2011, 10:21
Its not for me - its to help you sell it ;)

walkerj3
28-09-2011, 11:38
I just tried it and I can't seem to get it to work with my TV at all, just says no signal so to be on the safe side I am saying no, it probably won't work with a TV or Monitor and if someone does get it to work then bonus for them. I think that as the GE Force graphics card is broken it is all the same issue and won't see the VGA/HDMI ports. It can only be used as a laptop for downloading and light useage, anymore and I think the red would send you crazy! Anyone want it for 100euros?

gazza
28-09-2011, 15:36
I just tried it and I can't seem to get it to work with my TV at all, just says no signal so to be on the safe side I am saying no, it probably won't work with a TV or Monitor and if someone does get it to work then bonus for them. I think that as the GE Force graphics card is broken it is all the same issue and won't see the VGA/HDMI ports. It can only be used as a laptop for downloading and light useage, anymore and I think the red would send you crazy! Anyone want it for 100euros?

Just in case you did not do this correctly you must make all connections 1st before switching on, then in turn , the laptop 1st and then the tv, monitor 2nd. Hope this is of some help

walkerj3
30-09-2011, 12:13
Sold many thanks