PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get Fly Screens made in south Tenerife?

max
02-08-2011, 09:44
I want a fly screen for my patio window, it needs to be able to slide along as we use both sides of the patio doors at different times. Are they easy to make, or is there a firm that's reasonably priced making it not worth the hassle of making ourselves, whats the best thing to do?

anegib
02-08-2011, 09:55
I got a local Spanish carpenter to make all mine and he did a great job and not expensive.

carpenter
02-08-2011, 11:09
Materials for this sort of thing are very reasonable. There are a couple of ways that the screen can slide (in an inexpensive channel or on proper hangers and rollers) I'd be happy to come round and give you a free estimate.

A.P.&.S.S
28-09-2011, 14:58
I have been asked by a customer to have 3 new UPVC/Aluminium custom made Fly Screens made. These have to be fitted to the inside of the windows, do not form any security as will only be used while he is in the house and must run on a runner on the floor and ceiling so they can be slid along to cover the closed door and give access in and out the open door. This is not really my thing as I don’t do UPVC but will fit the said screens. I ask, has anyone had any made before here on the island and who did you use? Were they good, quality, service, turn around time etc?

Many thanks in advance, I like to use people in business on reputation, not just from the local paper etc etc......

slodgedad
28-09-2011, 16:05
We had ours made by European Fly Screens (649 270 964) a couple of years ago and are very happy with them.

I can recommend them.

Tom & Sharon
28-09-2011, 16:57
We had ours made by European Fly Screens (649 270 964) a couple of years ago and are very happy with them.

I can recommend them.

Same here.

We have the sliding type you described as well.

A.P.&.S.S
28-09-2011, 17:52
Many thanks folks, I have contacted them and await their reply. :):thanx:

fixer
28-09-2011, 17:58
British alminium in Las Chafiris do them also. David

A.P.&.S.S
28-09-2011, 18:12

Thanks David, I'll get a price from them also.

Susief
28-09-2011, 19:09

We used them too. Highly recommended. Cost us about 170 euros for double patio sliding blinds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

princessmonika
29-09-2011, 10:09
i just got mine fitted from british aluminium great job the cheapest of 3

shortxiv
29-09-2011, 14:36
My parents who have a place out here had theirs supplied by a UK based company who ship their screens abroad. Apparently they're the biggest name in America for them and according to my folks the best you can get because they come with a lifetime warranty...but what would I know! Worth getting another quote from I guess and you can thank my Mum!

www.phantom-fly-screens.co.uk

videotalker
30-09-2011, 15:13
On the subject of fly screens, I was trying to find something that would stick onto the screen as with the sun in your eyes, they are impossible to see, and with them being brand new, I don't want people walking thru the screen.

I tried patio door stickers and the self coloured sticky that you buy on a roll and cut to size from the ferreteria, but these are not stick enough. Any ideas?

A.P.&.S.S
01-10-2011, 17:15
On the subject of fly screens, I was trying to find something that would stick onto the screen as with the sun in your eyes, they are impossible to see, and with them being brand new, I don't want people walking thru the screen.

I tried patio door stickers and the self coloured sticky that you buy on a roll and cut to size from the ferreteria, but these are not stick enough. Any ideas?

As per my Sig....maybe we could come up with something?? Will be willing to give you a wee sample to see if its sticky enough?????

videotalker
03-10-2011, 10:30
As per my Sig....maybe we could come up with something?? Will be willing to give you a wee sample to see if its sticky enough?????

That's very kind of you! I'm back over mid December so will contact you before then, thanks.

finca18jrl
14-10-2011, 20:29
Can anyone recommend where/who to call for a sliding mosquito screen for patio doors? I know this question has been asked before, but I cannot find the thread. Many thanks

slodgedad
14-10-2011, 20:36
Multiple threads merged.

Susief
14-10-2011, 21:54
Can anyone recommend where/who to call for a sliding mosquito screen for patio doors? I know this question has been asked before, but I cannot find the thread. Many thanks

We used British Canarias at Las Chafiras, we paid around 170e for double sliding doors!

Other people I know have used European Fly Screens.

You best looking in the Canarian Weekly for their phone numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay1987
16-05-2012, 22:49
I would recommend Phil at European Fly Screens 649 270964. By far the best on the island