PDA

View Full Version : Television Has anyone else lost BBC News on Channel 503 in Tenerife?

DeeD
28-09-2011, 18:37
Has anyone else lost Channel 503? Recently we seem to be losing one channel after another, don't even get TCM now

primrose
28-09-2011, 19:07
Has anyone else lost Channel 503? Recently we seem to be losing one channel after another, don't even get TCM now

We get BBC News through the Complex we live on, but it just says no service and has been like that all day.

Tenerife Villas
28-09-2011, 19:49
no BBC news channel in my apartment since monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slodgedad
28-09-2011, 20:05
Yes, I've lost it too.

All the euphoria about getting sport via the red button on BBC news is now gone.

To top it all, after finally being able to receive ITV on a small dish the prats have moved the Rugby World Cup to ITV 2 AND 3....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

finca18jrl
28-09-2011, 21:43
So have we..... I wonder why?

Cairo
28-09-2011, 22:01
Sky have moved it and, so I believe, for the time being in the Canary Islands it can only be picked up via Sky on a big dish.

There is another way of picking it up via satellite but you will need to pay more money and contact your satellite company.

slodgedad
28-09-2011, 22:41
Sky have moved it and, so I believe, for the time being in the Canary Islands it can only be picked up via Sky on a big dish.

There is another way of picking it up via satellite but you will need to pay more money and contact your satellite company.

But how can you contact sky when we are all receiving it illegally in the first place?

Cairo
28-09-2011, 22:47
But how can you contact sky when we are all receiving it illegally in the first place?

Sorry, didnt mean Sky, meant contact a satellite company on the island as they can give you a way around it :)

Andy0210
28-09-2011, 23:21
I just checked for you all and i still have it, but then again i am watching via a big dish! :neener:

To be honest its not as good as Sky News anyway! ;)

timmylish
28-09-2011, 23:23
Again I say;-

Get a VPN, like mine, which works perfectly. In 3 years I,ve lost service twice for more than 2 hours snf one overnight for servicing. Best 6 quid out of my pocket!

slodgedad
28-09-2011, 23:24
I just checked for you all and i still have it, but then again i am watching via a big dish! :neener:

To be honest its not as good as Sky News anyway! ;)

The only reason I love BBC News is the red button.

Can't stand the actual news channel.

kingbaker
29-09-2011, 01:48
Hi ---------BBC news is missing all afternoon ----I use a small sat dish in Dublin

satandpcguy
29-09-2011, 07:41
Sky have moved it and,.

Sky have not moved it, the BBC have moved it. Sky dont have anything to do with BBC channels, apart from listing them on the Sky Guide.

BBC News Alba and Parliament have moved satellites and frequencies. They will only be available should you be able to receive BBC 2 England and BBC1.

IF you use a Sky box and Freesat box then these will automatically update to the new frequencies. Non Sky box and non Freesat box users will have to manually scan the new frequncies if yu want to continue to watch these channels. But you will only be able to watch them if your dish is big enough to reecive BBC1 or BBC2.

Why - so they can close a frequency and save money.

Changes were announced late august
http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/showthread.php?78664-BBC-News-Alba-and-Parliament-Red-Button-frequency-changes-in-September-and-October&p=85903#post85903

The BBC Streams are still available, and if you have a free to air receiver, still be able to access them. Its just that Sky and Freesat boxes BLOCK yu from adding the streams as "other channels", but free to air boxes go directly to the streams without the ned for a BBC channel and without the need for launching the Red Button application.

anegib
29-09-2011, 11:02
I have a large satellite dish and still get BBC but TCM has gone for some reason

satandpcguy
29-09-2011, 11:31
TCM changed frequencies start of Sept.
Its on the same freq as E!.
It moved from a "nice and easy to receive" south beam, to another beam, which may now be a bit harder to receive where you are.

TCM2 has not moved for about a year oor so

satandpcguy
19-11-2011, 22:36
From searching around the internet, (http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/astra-28-2e-astra-1n-astra-2d-fringe-reception-technical-discussion/193452-bbc-close-transponder-12-441v-7th-october-2011-expats-info.html) it has been possible to add the BBC "red button" services to a sky box since they have moved to thier new frequency...whilst on their old frequency access was blocked.

Add the Red Button services to a sky box:
services, 4, 4, 11954H, 27500 2/3
tick the channels marked 6711 - 6715...those are the stream channels - and store them.
access them via your services other channels list.

some sky hd boxes have image but no sound...soeem can be corrected by changing the audio from "english" on the language and subtitle menu, some sky hd boxes cannot.

These are not just sports red button sevices but other red button services also...strictly was on there to night...

timmylish
19-11-2011, 22:43
Interesting signature name methinks;-
Today, 21:36 #17
satandpcguy = satan d pc guy!

grumps
20-11-2011, 13:51
Add the Red Button services to a sky box:
services, 4, 4, 11954H, 27500 2/3
tick the channels marked 6711 - 6715...those are the stream channels - and store them.
access them via your services other channels list.

Thanx for that added no prob...ps to get sound i changed to French.