PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy second hand books in south Tenerife?

tracey
07-06-2011, 11:32
Does anyone know where I can buy second hand books? I brought loads with me when we moved here but I am running out now. I get the DTs if I dont have something to read lol

yovero
07-06-2011, 11:44
you can buy second hand books every sutarday mornings in El Medano square. There is a man who even takes yours in change of what you buy. He is great!

tracey
07-06-2011, 11:48
thanks for that. the problem is that I work Saturday mornings:mad: lol

caroletenerife
07-06-2011, 11:57
Does anyone know where I can buy second hand books? I brought loads with me when we moved here but I am running out now. I get the DTs if I dont have something to read lol
Hi Tracey, Live Arico Charity shops have HUNDREDS of books, alot of them new (holiday makers leave them), depends where you live, We have a shop in San Eugenio/Torviscos area, one in Los Cristianos and one in Silencio, see Live Arico thread for directions. Theres everything from cookbooks to Cookson x

AL JAY
07-06-2011, 12:01
Go and see forum member Caroletenerife in the charity shop she has loads all in good condition,you can get 3 for a euro,Go down the road past Harleys and on the other side you will see Young Golfers estate agents "Propertiesareus" and you will see the sign for the charity shop by Las Carabellas, Just past Gordon Ramseys and the Chinese buffet.

Jackie
07-06-2011, 12:08
I use the Live Arico Charity Shop in Los Cristianos to buy all my books. I can get through 3 a week no problems. It also helps having a mate who has more books than a library that I borrow them off as well. You know who you are haha ;)

LindaD
07-06-2011, 16:25
I use the Live Arico Charity Shop in Los Cristianos to buy all my books. I can get through 3 a week no problems. It also helps having a mate who has more books than a library that I borrow them off as well. You know who you are haha ;)
Totally agree Jackie, I was in there a feew weeks ago and they have loads of good books and some nice clothes as well!! They're across from Admiral Travel in Los Cris.

plantmoreseeds
15-09-2011, 19:31
Does anyone know the Arico Charity Shop address in Los Cristianos?

Looking also for books!

astara
15-09-2011, 22:11
Does anyone know the Arico Charity Shop address in Los Cristianos?

Looking also for books!

We are in churchuill square ( known locally as) from the church in los cris turn left walking towards sea, & we are situated opp admiral travel, near wehbe shop, on way down to childrens playground on the front. - phew - open 10 am - 4 pm daily & 10.30 - 2.30 pm saturdays. ok

Flossieinpink
15-09-2011, 22:37
Can also buy books with proceeds to animal charity from Admiral Travel-just up the steps at side of San Eugenio shopping Centre opposite Santander Bank and close to St Eugenes and Irish Rover...:wave:

kingbaker
16-09-2011, 02:31

Puerto Colon (upstairs) can be accessed from halfway down the hill.

bonitatime
16-09-2011, 15:09
The cat charity ladies are on the Los Cris and "Torviscas" markets. THe have a great selection of books and at reasonable prices. 2€ each or 3 for 5€

mitsi
17-09-2011, 05:32
lions charity shop los cris from 1euro also sell clothes and many other things that may be of intrest

Suej
17-09-2011, 14:55
Totally agree Jackie, I was in there a feew weeks ago and they have loads of good books and some nice clothes as well!! They're across from Admiral Travel in Los Cris.

I use LA shops too! I always take them back after I´ve read them each time to help keep up their stocks. I have to put a little tick on the inside cover as I sometimes pick up ones I have read before! so apologies for defacing the books! :sorry:

casabonny
17-09-2011, 15:25
Motorworld in Costa del Silencio sell second hand books too.A reasonably large selction of all sorts

Pets@Home
17-09-2011, 17:35
The cat charity ladies are on the Los Cris and "Torviscas" markets. THe have a great selection of books and at reasonable prices. 2€ each or 3 for 5€

I have loads of books, all new which I will be donating to the Cat Welfare ladies of the above markets. They are coming to collect soon ............

hodd
01-01-2014, 22:54
you can buy second hand books every sutarday mornings in El Medano square. There is a man who even takes yours in change of what you buy. He is great!

And he is still there on Saturdays, although I thought I heard him say only until February. In any case, a couple of other stalls there have a smaller selection of second hand books if you're desperate.

I struggled to find second hand books elsewhere this time.