PDA

View Full Version : Other Children's play parks in Tenerife

Nic
29-09-2011, 12:44
Does anyone know where there are safe children's parks? I've been going to the one in Las Galletas but with a 14 month old that runs off and a 2.5 year old that runs in the opposite direction, it's not the safest of places with rounds round about it. Would be nice to go to the park and sit and watch them play without having to constantly run after them! Any ideas would be great thanks!

bonitatime
29-09-2011, 15:37
Adeje have several if you are interested comment and I will link them on a map.
They may be too far away for you.

Nic
29-09-2011, 19:44
Thank you, a link would be great, I live in parque de la reina but i've got a car and just want a safe park for the kids to play in, a fenced area would be even better! thanks again!

Jackie
30-09-2011, 07:17
Nic you have the one in Los Cristianos, although not fenced off on all sides there is only one 'escape route' and that is onto a pedestrianised area.

bonitatime
30-09-2011, 10:03
Still havent got to a computer but the best on for escapers would be the one in La Postura as they usually have police on the gates in the afternoon. There are 2 entrances but as I said there are local police covering them. This is on avda de la constitution.
Anither one which is not policed but in a very quiet area is the park in the Barriada Las Fyyfes called the parque Santa Ursula off the Calle Atbitocazpe. You can get to this one from the 2nd Adeje turn off and in front is the smaller las Nieves sports centre where five aside football is played and on the roundabout before the centre straight up and left.

In The Sun
30-09-2011, 10:15
There is a nice one near Iceland. If you get on the road above Iceland its a small dual carrageway. Then if you drive away from the motorway end you will come to a small roundabout. Turn the next left afternthe roundabout and double back on yourself. You will find two childtrens parks on the left. One is for running round with seats for the parents and the other has swings ect . The swing one has a gate and the larger one has a ramp down

Nic
30-09-2011, 14:54
There is a nice one near Iceland. If you get on the road above Iceland its a small dual carrageway. Then if you drive away from the motorway end you will come to a small roundabout. Turn the next left afternthe roundabout and double back on yourself. You will find two childtrens parks on the left. One is for running round with seats for the parents and the other has swings ect . The swing one has a gate and the larger one has a ramp down

Thank you, I've no idea where this could be, I thought I knew that industrial estate pretty well! Is it near the municipal nursery by any chance? I'm going to have a look but if there's a gate that's a good start. It will be nice to unchain them for a wee while and let them run wild lol

Tinkabel
30-09-2011, 16:07
Thank you, I've no idea where this could be, I thought I knew that industrial estate pretty well! Is it near the municipal nursery by any chance? I'm going to have a look but if there's a gate that's a good start. It will be nice to unchain them for a wee while and let them run wild lol

Its next to the doctors surgery i believe, Hopefully when they finish the park in Parque de la Reina you'll have exactly what you're looking for on your doorstep. I've just been having a look today and its begining to take shape and will be a real asset to us all.

In The Sun
30-09-2011, 16:36
The one I mean is further down than the doctors sugery. If you are coming from Amarila Golf and turm left as you get to the industrial estate.Then as you follow the one way road you come to a small roundabout. The childrens parks are on the left at that junction

Nic
30-09-2011, 20:04
I found the park in Las Chafiras and once again, the Ayuntamientos have not had the sense to put any trees or shade up but it's still a good wee park where they can run about without me worrying about them going on roads! Thanks In The Sun and yes Tinkabel, can't wait for the park to open here, looks good!

Just come across this video on the new park in Parque de la Reina, looks like it going to be really nice....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ-DluQlOFQ

MrsTT
30-09-2011, 20:52
It looks like the new little play park here in Callao Salvaje is open. The trees they have planted are not really giving much shade at the moment, but it is a long way from the roads. You reach it from the Avenida las Galgas, on the way out of the village past the Santander Bank. The path down to it is just before Callao Beach Complex. There are piccies on the forum here (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?329-Latest-photos-of-Callao-Beach-improvements) as it was being built.

ali marshall
30-09-2011, 21:13
I find tele pizza in los cristianos great for children to play as it is not in the sun and is in a small area and only has one exit,its free and i only by a drink if i take my son.

Also try the play area at el vivo in las americas,they had trampolines and a few kids rides and swings,they was doing it up last time i went and i use to pay per the hour.The one in los cristianos is also good and you can sit in the shade but the actual kids play area is not in the shade.This is not door to where chicagos bar was on the stretch leading to bruger king.