PDA

View Full Version : Do they have fireworks in Tenerife on the 5th of November?

sparklegirl
29-09-2011, 15:30
I don’t know if this sounds like a silly question but im going to be in Tenerife in the Adeje area on the 5th November and was wondering if there is anywhere that has fireworks for bonfire night?

bonitatime
29-09-2011, 15:31
Never seen anywhere

Muppet
29-09-2011, 17:34
Nov 5th is the anniversary of the attempt to blow up the UK Houses of Parliament.

1. Damn shame Guy Fawkes didn't succeed !
2. Why would Bonfire Night UK be celebrated in Spain ???

Andy0210
29-09-2011, 22:17
Also he was trying to lead a Catholic rebellion to overthrow the Government, in the end he was executed for this, well actually he wasn´t, he was going to be hung but jumped from the gallows and broke his neck. ;)

Spain is a very strong Catholic Country so can´t see a lot of Celebrations for the execution of a Catholic supporter!

CaribeCelt
29-09-2011, 23:17
Also he was trying to lead a Catholic rebellion to overthrow the Government, in the end he was executed for this, well actually he wasn´t, he was going to be hung but jumped from the gallows and broke his neck. ;)

Spain is a very strong Catholic Country so can´t see a lot of Celebrations for the execution of a Catholic supporter!

I think he also travelled to Spain seeking support for a rebellion in England but the Spanish refused to support him.
Also ,I think, he fought for Spain in the war against the Dutch so there is a big Spanish connection with him

Greg
30-09-2011, 13:53
I've booked to go back to the UK for bonfire night. My first bonfire night there for 25 years! I'm gonna be a big kid for the night and go to a big one with a funfair and sparklers and everything. :spin:

sparklegirl
03-10-2011, 09:52
Nov 5th is the anniversary of the attempt to blow up the UK Houses of Parliament.

1. Damn shame Guy Fawkes didn't succeed !
2. Why would Bonfire Night UK be celebrated in Spain ???

Well i did ask if it sounded like a silly question and now i can clearly see it was :duh:, but you never know until you ask??? :dontknow: