PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been on a Bob Dive in Tenerife?

Goforgold
29-09-2011, 17:42
Has anyone been on a Bob Dive? If so did you enjoy it as we are thinking of giving it a go. :)

Thanks.

Suej
29-09-2011, 17:53
Has anyone been on a Bob Dive? If so did you enjoy it as we are thinking of giving it a go. :)

Thanks.

I had never heard of it so Googled it GFG! it looks like great fun! I hate being any deeper than my ankles so would be terrified! Go for it! Hope you get replies from members that have tried it! :scubadiver::titanic:
http://www.bob-diving.com/

Goforgold
29-09-2011, 18:00
We're definitely going to give it a go, but it would be very interesting to hear from someone who has been and what they thought of it. All the sites that take the bookings say as they are only small groups you need to book up early, but I never like to make actual plans. Always like to see how I feel on the day. :) So also would like to know if we really do have to decide on a day.

soren lorenson
29-09-2011, 18:27
we went a few years back, it was a small group, about 8 of us I think! we really enjoyed it

markcuk
29-09-2011, 19:17
I really want to do that as well looks wicked

Goforgold
29-09-2011, 19:24
I wonder if you can wear your specs or if I need to wear my prescription goggles? Must ask when we book. :)

For Suej: prescription Goggles are very useful when budgie spotting!!! ;)

cressrt
29-09-2011, 20:24
It's not the same as having a scuba try dive, which IMO is a better option, but it's your money so your choice.

Goforgold
29-09-2011, 20:31
It's not the same as having a scuba try dive, which IMO is a better option, but it's your money so your choice.

We're taking our snorkels with us on holiday, but we just fancied seeing a few fish and having a bit of fun at the same time and this seems a novel way of doing it. We didn't really want to bother with anything more on this break - may try scuba another time.

CaribeCelt
29-09-2011, 21:12

Thanks.

When we booked our trip to La Gomera we seen the Bob Dive advertised and asked the man in the shop about it.
He said it was C**P and a waste of money...So we didn't book it.

lindsay
29-09-2011, 21:26
that is a load of crap to say it's a waste of money. pr's will take the most comission for any excursion. go to the office and speak to the experts and listen. B.O.B is is a really good experience and different from scuba. i could direct you to them direct but for peace of mind get a hold of vanessa at tenerife sunshine x

lesbroz
29-09-2011, 22:23

Thanks.

I have always fancied doing this, but have been too scared. Please post your experience if and when you decide to give it a go.

CaribeCelt
30-09-2011, 03:24
that is a load of crap to say it's a waste of money. pr's will take the most comission for any excursion. go to the office and speak to the experts and listen. B.O.B is is a really good experience and different from scuba. i could direct you to them direct but for peace of mind get a hold of vanessa at tenerife sunshine x

Not my words,His words...Everybody has different views on it i suppose.
I remember a mate of mine thinking the para-gliding was great and when i done it i thought it was the biggest waste of money.

Goforgold
30-09-2011, 16:00
I have always fancied doing this, but have been too scared. Please post your experience if and when you decide to give it a go.

Definitely going to give it a try and I'll let you know what it was like - if I resurface!! :D

Not my words,His words...Everybody has different views on it i suppose.
I remember a mate of mine thinking the para-gliding was great and when i done it i thought it was the biggest waste of money.

Is there anything you can recommend that you did enjoy ? Always looking for new experiences.

Nigel
30-09-2011, 16:23
I did it in the Caribean. It's not as good as Scuba diving but if you don't want to bother with all gear involved in that then it's a good alternative and very safe. I guess you could wear glasses but they would get wet as you went under water to get into the bubble. Once inside you just breathe normally.

Goforgold
30-09-2011, 16:30
I did it in the Caribean. It's not as good as Scuba diving but if you don't want to bother with all gear involved in that then it's a good alternative and very safe. I guess you could wear glasses but they would get wet as you went under water to get into the bubble. Once inside you just breathe normally.

Thanks Nigel - that's the thing I don't want to bother with all the gear etc and the time involved. Will definitely have a go - nothing to lose and I just might see some fish!! :)

Added after 1 28 minutes:

Isn't the internet wonderful - I didn't think to see if there were any videos, but found numerous ones :)

This looks just up my street as it's instant ! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8Ww2aorA0&feature=related

balcon
30-09-2011, 18:55
It looks great fun, let us know how you get on

marbro8
30-09-2011, 19:23
[QUOTE=Goforgold;102455]Definitely going to give it a try and I'll let you know what it was like - if I resurface!! :D you had better lose those extra 4 lbs then gfg it could make all the difference:eyebrows: and how much does it cost?

Goforgold
30-09-2011, 19:46
[QUOTE=Goforgold;102455]Definitely going to give it a try and I'll let you know what it was like - if I resurface!! :D you had better lose those extra 4 lbs then gfg it could make all the difference:eyebrows: and how much does it cost?

Good Evening Marbro :) It's a little too late to lose those extra pounds!! :(

It costs around 42 Euros each - I've e mailed Tenerife Sunshine for further information. I believe there's a couple of trips a day. I was surprised when I saw the video, it wasn't how I'd imagined it - I just hope that glass thing doesn't fill up totally with water and I go Glug, Glug, Glug!! Although OH say's they are continually pumping oxygen into the bowl, so this can't happen!!

I reminded him how at a motor race meeting, we were standing at a particular point close to the rails and I said if a car flipped over at this point it could possibly hit us. Oh no he says, they would never come off at this point, if anywhere it would be up there at the esses!! Blow me down, within 5 mins you can imgaine what happened!!! Of course I never let him forget it!! ;)

marbro8
30-09-2011, 19:58
[QUOTE=marbro8;102492]

It costs around 42 Euros each - I've e mailed Tenerife Sunshine for further information. I believe there's a couple of trips a day. I was surprised when I saw the video, it wasn't how I'd imagined it - I just hope that glass thing doesn't fill up totally with water and I go Glug, Glug, Glug!! Although OH say's they are continually pumping oxygen into the bowl, so this can't happen!!

I reminded him how at a motor race meeting, we were standing at a particular point close to the rails and I said if a car flipped over at this point it could possibly hit us. Oh no he says, they would never come off at this point, if anywhere it would be up there at the esses!! Blow me down, within 5 mins you can imgaine what happened!!! Of course I never let him forget it!! ;)lol why is it you ladies are very good at pointing out our mistakes:wink: and good evening to you:wink:

Added after 6 minutes:

[QUOTE=marbro8;102492]

I reminded him how at a motor race meeting, we were standing at a particular point close to the rails and I said if a car flipped over at this point it could possibly hit us. Oh no he says, they would never come off at this point, if anywhere it would be up there at the esses!! Blow me down, within 5 mins you can imgaine what happened!!! Of course I never let him forget it!! ;)lol why is it you ladies are very good at pointing out our mistakes:wink: and good evening to you:wink:why don't you do what we do in tenerife, we walk most days from los cris to del duque, it takes us about 8 hrs at a steady stroll with all the pr's stopping you lol and we have always come home lighter than when we went even with all the beer and food:wink:

CaribeCelt
30-09-2011, 20:24
Definitely going to give it a try and I'll let you know what it was like - if I resurface!! :D

Is there anything you can recommend that you did enjoy ? Always looking for new experiences.

Dont know if they have it in Tenerife,I done it in Ibiza,but I would highly recommend the Bungee Ball,were they fire you from the ground up.
I done it because I did'nt have the nerve for a Bungee jump and the feeling you experience when they fire you into the air is unreal.
Definitley worth a try.

TeresaT
30-09-2011, 20:29
I went on it a few years ago too... Had a great time and a wonderful experience even for youths.. Give it a go, I am sure you wont be sorry. Miriam and Luca were the owners when we went out..hoping its the same owners as they were very professional and you always have a diver down there with you to ensure you have no issues, even as a novice :)

marbro8
30-09-2011, 20:36
Dont know if they have it in Tenerife,I done it in Ibiza,but I would highly recommend the Bungee Ball,were they fire you from the ground up.
I done it because I did'nt have the nerve for a Bungee jump and the feeling you experience when they fire you into the air is unreal.
Definitley worth a try.nooooooo waaaaay, i have seen it on tv and it scares the crap out of me just watching it:nono:

Goforgold
30-09-2011, 20:48
Definitley worth a try.

I just think I might give that one a miss!! :D

I went on it a few years ago too... Had a great time and a wonderful experience even for youths.. Give it a go, I am sure you wont be sorry. Miriam and Luca were the owners when we went out..hoping its the same owners as they were very professional and you always have a diver down there with you to ensure you have no issues, even as a novice :)

Thank you, you've put my mind at rest!

Added after 3 minutes:

[QUOTE=Goforgold;102502]

[QUOTE=Goforgold;102502]lol why is it you ladies are very good at pointing out our mistakes:wink: and good evening to you:wink:why don't you do what we do in tenerife, we walk most days from los cris to del duque, it takes us about 8 hrs at a steady stroll with all the pr's stopping you lol and we have always come home lighter than when we went even with all the beer and food:wink:

We do a lot of walking too - but if you knew me you would know that I cannot stand being interrupted by PR's or Lookies ;)

Goforgold
01-10-2011, 17:12

I was wondering who you booked through. Yesterday I e mailed Tenerife Sunshine but no-one has come back to me.

kingbaker
01-10-2011, 19:56
I was wondering who you booked through. Yesterday I e mailed Tenerife Sunshine but no-one has come back to me.

I think you can go from Puerto Colon and there are ticket agents right next to the quay and they also have websites...
sorry just can't remember their names. Google might help!! You must behave as they might turn off the oxygen if they dont like you. HA!!HA!!
How do you get to be a Super Tenerifian?????

Goforgold
01-10-2011, 23:20
I think you can go from Puerto Colon and there are ticket agents right next to the quay and they also have websites...
sorry just can't remember their names. Google might help!! You must behave as they might turn off the oxygen if they dont like you. HA!!HA!!
How do you get to be a Super Tenerifian?????

Thanks for the info KB. :)

I think the mood OH is in he will turn off the oxygen himself!!

You get to be an ST by not liking housework and cooking!! ;)