PDA

View Full Version : Other Is it cheaper to get a solicitor in England or Tenerife to deal with a divorce?

WilmaB
30-09-2011, 15:47
My boyfriend is English, lives here in Tenerife and need a solicitor in connection with his divorce in England (wife lives in England).
What's better (cheaper), a solicitor in England or a solicitor here in Tenerife.
Any ideas?

Wilma.

TOTO 99
30-09-2011, 15:53
English. English marriage, English Divorce, English law.
Not to mention, the eventual winner lives in England :crying2:

doreen
30-09-2011, 16:01
He could take advice here to know the general principles, but really he needs to instruct someone locally to act for him.

ali marshall
30-09-2011, 21:20
When i got divorced i used a english solicitor,but you boyfriend may need to be prepared to have some papers translated here.He will need to sign some papers during the divorce and this may have to be done in front of a lawer and if the lawer does not understand english they may insist on them being translated.

If i remeber i had to sign a paper in front of a notary and used one man in the san eugenio shopping centre.Good luck mine took about 11 months and was pretty straight forward as my ex did not argue against anything.

bonitatime
01-10-2011, 07:41
If his ex agrees I would try to get it done in the UK as it us much more expensive to do here.

Peanuts
11-07-2012, 11:10
Wish we could give stars to the best response Toto :lol::lol::lol: