PDA

View Full Version : Building a small extension to our kitchen

timmylish
30-09-2011, 23:57
and would like to hear from any members, who have had similar work carried out in the last year, with recommendations please. This cropped up one year ago but finances dictate that we can only carry the work out now (between now and the end of the year). Thank you.

TOTO 99
01-10-2011, 07:01
recommended

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?1190-Karl-and-Carl-Professional-builders.

atlantico
01-10-2011, 12:29
Bob the Builder , scoregolfbob

scoregolfbob
02-10-2011, 08:44
Thankyou Richard, hope you and the good lady are both well, speak soon
Bob

Added after 7 minutes:

Thankyou Richard, hope you and the good lady are both well, speak soon
Bob

9PLUS
02-10-2011, 09:16
Sometimes there's a massive difference between a good builder and a competence constructor

To keep in mind, if i was to have built a small extension to my kitchen i would be looking for minimum a 10 year guarantee with insurance and references from previous clients where they have done similar works.

You see so many problems with construction works where inept people have gone from tiling bathrooms, changing taps and painting a wall to full on construction works.

At your age Timmylish you possibly dont even need an extension - go to Hawaii for the month x

Spend your money wisely

Angusjim
02-10-2011, 09:53
Sometimes there's a massive difference between a good builder and a competence constructor

To keep in mind, if i was to have built a small extension to my kitchen i would be looking for minimum a 10 year guarantee with insurance and references from previous clients where they have done similar works.

You see so many problems with construction works where inept people have gone from tiling bathrooms, changing taps and painting a wall to full on construction works.

At your age Timmylish you possibly dont even need an extension - go to Hawaii for the month x

Spend your money wisely

And watch out for dodgy Sparkies:raspberry: Is there an equivelant to the NICEIC or SELECT in Tenerife ??

9PLUS
02-10-2011, 10:08
And watch out for dodgy Sparkies:raspberry: Is there an equivelant to the NICEIC or SELECT in Tenerife ??

No...................

Tenerife Villas
03-10-2011, 23:40
we have had work done by Robb from British isles construction you can contact him via his web site http://bicconstructiontenerife.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timmylish
04-10-2011, 00:05

Spend your money wisely

Much as it goes against the grain I would have certainly taken up your suggestion but unfortunately ill health prevents me flying at all nowadays. Mrs. T. has been adamant since buying this apt. that a small extension to the kitchen would be of considerable benefit in out later years! I shall keep in mind your observations on quality, however and thank you for making a very valid point!

9PLUS
04-10-2011, 07:34
I'm only here to help & lift a smile

x