PDA

View Full Version : When will the new stretch of the TF1 motorway be finished in Tenerife?

the little mermaid
01-10-2011, 08:36
does anyone know when the new motorway which will eventually take you to guia de isora (i think) instead of going through los menores.Anyone know when it will finished ? or are we talking years as per usual with any construction here! also does anyone know if it will make the journey for me quicker when in going from los menores to los gigantes??

julia44
01-10-2011, 08:49
A couple of weeks ago the local builder was telling me they are talking about 2014 ish.

Fred Perry
01-10-2011, 11:30
On the news a while back they said the official date for completion was Dec 31st 2012. The motorway is the ring road not just to Guia de Isora. It will lead all the way to Puerto (making that journey time I reckon 40 mins instead of the 1 hour 15 mins now if you go the La Laguna way or the 1 hour and half if you go the current road through Icod).

Comes down to money at the end of the day and I think I read a while back that milions of € that were meant for the new motorway had been spent on other things (emergency funds).

It will cut the journey time down to Los Gigs yes ofcourse. Adeje to Tejina de Guia(where the road will split, one up to Chio and onto Puerto de La Cruz and the other to Alcala) is 7km. So that can be done in 3 mins at 120km per hour.

Adeje to Los Gigs could then be done in 20 mins max.

Muppet
01-10-2011, 13:06

Blimey, that's longer than the locals in their GTIs currently do it in - perhaps it's time to get a baseball cap and put it on backwards !!

PS

Why doesn't this forum let you "reply with quote" or edit anymore (IE vs8)

Ian55
01-10-2011, 14:06

Blimey, that's longer than the locals in their GTIs currently do it in - perhaps it's time to get a baseball cap and put it on backwards !!

PS

Why doesn't this forum let you "reply with quote" or edit anymore (IE vs8)

It does MUPPET i am on IE8 and dont have a problem

Muppet
01-10-2011, 14:12
It does MUPPET i am on IE8 and dont have a problem

How bizarre, so it does this time mm

still no edit though

mm

PhilCrean
01-10-2011, 14:50
I don't believe it's gonna be a motorway proper but what's called a "Via rapida", subject to 100KMH speed limit. Still have an impact on journey times though as there'll be a
lot more straight bits and it'll bypass all the villages.

Greg
01-10-2011, 19:59
and a BIG tunnel too!

the little mermaid
04-10-2011, 08:28
thanks for that everyone! questions answered.