PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Oceans Edge, San Blas, Golf del Sur, Tenerife

A.P.&.S.S
01-10-2011, 17:18
Hi folks.....I have heard good reports about Oceans Edge in San Blass, as its only along the road we thought we might give it a try tomorrow for a late lunch/early dinner?! Any reviews and also has anyone got a contact No. so I can book just incase its a busy place???

sazzle
01-10-2011, 18:04
We went for a meal a few months ago, it was OK....

The food we had was good, but I thought it was over priced for the surroundings and there was no ambience to the place. Im not a snob, but it wasnt all that I had expected it to be.

Margaretta
01-10-2011, 18:47
Er....sorry but I THINK it is closed!!! If it is the restaurant at the bottom opposite the Vincci Hotel I'm afraid it has gone.

For a local restaurant in San Blas I thought the fish in JR's was brill and have also enjoyed Brisas del Mar, both on the Top Square. Don't be put off by the name of the Tapas bar, El Tapear, behind the tavern Pub overlooking the San Blas Hotel; the choice of main meals is fabulous as are the portions.

slodgedad
01-10-2011, 18:54
Thanks, Margs. I'll leave it open for a while to get more info

A.P.&.S.S
01-10-2011, 19:39
Er....sorry but I THINK it is closed!!! If it is the restaurant at the bottom opposite the Vincci Hotel I'm afraid it has gone.

For a local restaurant in San Blas I thought the fish in JR's was brill and have also enjoyed Brisas del Mar, both on the Top Square. Don't be put off by the name of the Tapas bar, El Tapear, behind the tavern Pub overlooking the San Blas Hotel; the choice of main meals is fabulous as are the portions.

Many thanks for the info......Was given the tip by my Mum to say she had heard it was good, also read an old add in Tenerife News on line about it and prices seamed good, food review was good as was the menu. Me and the Mrs and the wee man were just thinking of a place to go for dinner tomorrow as we cant be bothered getting the pots and pans out again!! Many thanks tho, we will have a look else where.....maybe the club house?!

Greg
01-10-2011, 19:45
Tapas and Gullivers along the same street both have great food, very worth a visit.

slodgedad
01-10-2011, 20:45
Many thanks for the info......Was given the tip by my Mum to say she had heard it was good, also read an old add in Tenerife News on line about it and prices seamed good, food review was good as was the menu. Me and the Mrs and the wee man were just thinking of a place to go for dinner tomorrow as we cant be bothered getting the pots and pans out again!! Many thanks tho, we will have a look else where.....maybe the club house?!

Best food I've had in San Blas is La Opera in the middle square.

If you try it tell 'em Charlotte's dad recommended it..:)

Tom & Sharon
01-10-2011, 23:46
I would say Gullivers is the best in San Blas. Arcadia isn't bad either - worth a visit.

Ocean's Edge was OK, but as someone said - no ambience and the service was terrible.

leojohn
01-10-2011, 23:55
Oceans edge has been closed due to family circumstances but Anne-Marie who owned it is a marvelous cook, she will be missed on the square, but Gullivers is by far the best place for sunday lunch or just a lovely meal of an evening, but be sure to book as it is a very busy place.

Roadkingrider
02-10-2011, 11:45
All the restaurants are okay, I've found none of them to be particularly brilliant as claimed, the one big downside to eating in either the top or bottom square is that you have to endure the 'time warp,' truly grim entertainment - there's a few exceptions, but most acts are enough to put you right off your prawn cocktail! They really need to wake up and get some decent entertainers there to improve the atmosphere. Go to the Tapas bar over the road - out of earshot - is my recommendation, not cheap, but very nice and a little bit different, you are, after all in Spain, so nice to try something 'local.'