PDA

View Full Version : Liberated at last!

Margaretta
01-10-2011, 17:51
Well, another fabulous month in Tenerife and the first week was the hottest we have ever experienced there! It was really uncomfortable and best to be up very early and sit on the balcony from midnight to really relax with a cool drink. I felt a bit worried in case the wonderful new greens of the plants encouraged by the unusually wet winter would be gone for ever, but I think that many plants growing in the heat slow down and store as much water as they can? Still the euphorbia on the hillsides seemed much taller and healthier than ever before.

Yes I'm a market girl who loves a bargain. Saying that, I'm really a very mature pensioner who is ......well-rounded......in a few wrong places BUT the heat will make you think thin even if cervezas do have the wrong effect and for the first time ever in my long, long life....wait for it......I was BRALESS!!!

How comfortable it was and all due to buying those elastic top, brightly-coloured and bordered dresses being sold in all the markets and shops. I didn't believe that there would be any support at all when I bought the first one and thought I would have to wear a bra with skin-coloured straps. But no...my sagging portions were held reasonably above my knees and hubby wasn't at all ashamed. I didn't waddle either and the slightly fuller skirt hid the bumpy bits below. I kept thinking "Focus neck and shoulders and not the saggy bits!" and it seemed to work!!! I bought seven in all, varying between 10 and 17 euros. The cotton ones are soft but crease and need ironing; the tricel are a bit clingy but good for travelling as they won't crease. Long for evening wear, mid-calf length for smartish and kneelength for hot or even over a cossie. So easy, so sensible....where have these dresses been?????

Gentlemen, you have NO idea how liberating this was !!! In hot weather a bra can be torture like the original hair-shirt! (Not suggesting you try one on......well.....the Christmas party???)

Somehow I doubt if I would wear them in the UK but have brought them home to pack for an imminent trip to mainland Spain. I wonder why I want to feel safe and well-supported in the UK at the moment? Haha! A political question perhaps????

kingbaker
01-10-2011, 20:31
Well, another fabulous month in Tenerife and the first week was the hottest we have ever experienced there! It was really uncomfortable and best to be up very early and sit on the balcony from midnight to really relax with a cool drink. I felt a bit worried in case the wonderful new greens of the plants encouraged by the unusually wet winter would be gone for ever, but I think that many plants growing in the heat slow down and store as much water as they can? Still the euphorbia on the hillsides seemed much taller and healthier than ever before.

Yes I'm a market girl who loves a bargain. Saying that, I'm really a very mature pensioner who is ......well-rounded......in a few wrong places BUT the heat will make you think thin even if cervezas do have the wrong effect and for the first time ever in my long, long life....wait for it......I was BRALESS!!!

How comfortable it was and all due to buying those elastic top, brightly-coloured and bordered dresses being sold in all the markets and shops. I didn't believe that there would be any support at all when I bought the first one and thought I would have to wear a bra with skin-coloured straps. But no...my sagging portions were held reasonably above my knees and hubby wasn't at all ashamed. I didn't waddle either and the slightly fuller skirt hid the bumpy bits below. I kept thinking "Focus neck and shoulders and not the saggy bits!" and it seemed to work!!! I bought seven in all, varying between 10 and 17 euros. The cotton ones are soft but crease and need ironing; the tricel are a bit clingy but good for travelling as they won't crease. Long for evening wear, mid-calf length for smartish and kneelength for hot or even over a cossie. So easy, so sensible....where have these dresses been?????

Gentlemen, you have NO idea how liberating this was !!! In hot weather a bra can be torture like the original hair-shirt! (Not suggesting you try one on......well.....the Christmas party???)

Somehow I doubt if I would wear them in the UK but have brought them home to pack for an imminent trip to mainland Spain. I wonder why I want to feel safe and well-supported in the UK at the moment? Haha! A political question perhaps????

You need to be carefull as "PEANUT SMUGGLING" is as serious an offence as "BUDGIE SMUGGLING"..........not taken lightly here on this forum
and we have many of these types already, and these people attract budgie smuggler watchers where will it all end?:confused::confused::confused:

Margaretta
01-10-2011, 21:04
Talking birds: ostrich eggs. One is notably endowed with a rare and valuable commodity which must be well concealed:wink:.

AL JAY
01-10-2011, 21:04
Do you know what Margaretta, I love your posts!!!

sunspot
01-10-2011, 21:22

Great post Margaretta,good on you, im not sure im brave enough to liberate but im proud of you.................well done girl:c2:

Medman
01-10-2011, 22:18
Too much information ...... :confused:

Margaretta
02-10-2011, 00:07
Whoops! Sorry Medman! This may be the first time I am near to being banned. My days as a fashion reporter are obviously numbered!!!

Tom & Sharon
02-10-2011, 00:20
Haha.......I (Sharon obviously!) never even bought a bra till I was over 40.

They are the worst things ever.

Welcome to the club Margaretta.