PDA

View Full Version : If you caught a burglar in your house, what would you do?

slodgedad
01-10-2011, 19:18
After recent reports in the press about people being charged for being over aggressive when confronted by a burglar, it made me wonder how far I'd go.

Baseball bat or run away?

What would you do?

marbro8
01-10-2011, 19:34
we have had 4 attempted burglary's(luckyly they never got in) and on the last occasion, the same night we had a £2000 camera system fitted?? i heard them and chased after all 3 without a thought for my safety, but i have had a long time to plan what i would do, and thought about it a lot and it may seem extreme but i would disable them with a little something that i purchased from america:wink:, then i would drag them up my garden and hold their head under the water in my pond until dead, we have a large expanse of water at the rear of our property called chasewater and it used to be used for speedboat racing years ago,so i would then dump the body or body's in there so that it would look like a tragic drowning:eyebrows:

Davie Thistle
01-10-2011, 19:52
Baseball bats at the ready,

No Questions Asked!:redcard:

Greg
01-10-2011, 19:53
Very tooled up in this house!

waveydavey
01-10-2011, 20:00
You don't want to know.

marbro8
01-10-2011, 20:01
Baseball bats at the ready,

No Questions Asked!:redcard:come on dave they are the scum of the earth, hit them with a bat and they bounce back, kill them and they can not cause anymore misery:redcard:

Davie Thistle
01-10-2011, 20:04
come on dave they are the scum of the earth, hit them with a bat and they bounce back, kill them and they can not cause anymore misery:redcard:

4got to say marbro8,
my Bats got 6ins nails init!
:wink:

9PLUS
01-10-2011, 21:00
I have a State-of-the-Art Laser guided nuclear tipped bow and arrow

And a fancy green cossie (lycra)

x

marbro8
01-10-2011, 21:00
4got to say marbro8,
my Bats got 6ins nails init!
:wink:mint:c2::c2::c2:

sunspot
01-10-2011, 21:28
After recent reports in the press about people being charged for being over aggressive when confronted by a burglar, it made me wonder how far I'd go.

Baseball bat or run away?

What would you do?

Poo my pants and hope my hubby deals with it,hes big , strong and mean when threatened,we had so many burgleries in our pub in the uk but never managed to catch hold of the beggers

marbro8
01-10-2011, 21:39
Poo my pants and hope my hubby deals with it,hes big , strong and mean when threatened,we had so many burgleries in our pub in the uk but never managed to catch hold of the beggersi remember meeting him cris and whoever burgled you must have been brave:cheeky:

Added after 2 minutes:

Poo my pants and hope my hubby deals with it,hes big , strong and mean when threatened,we had so many burgleries in our pub in the uk but never managed to catch hold of the beggersi remember meeting him chris and whoever burgled you must have been brave:cheeky:

lindsay
01-10-2011, 21:53
batter them until dead then let the police ask questions, here most police would agree!

poker
01-10-2011, 21:58
I have a sign on my front and back windows of the house that I shoot burlars and dident get to practice once in all these years :-) or :-( . You decide . lol

Sent using Tapatalk.

lozzie1821
01-10-2011, 22:04
Ive got knives hidden all round my apt incase of this and since i have 2 babies i would do my upmost 2 protect them from harm & ive never gone down without a fight.
I have a slight fear of living on me own on the ground floor BUT i have to so the kniives to me are a safety blanket but i would defo use necesary force if i could...
Luckily for them i live below a paramedic so if they were 2 be clever and plan it i hope they do it on his night off coz i would need his help i think...

no1 will threaten my childrens safety and get away with it!!!

9PLUS
01-10-2011, 22:10
batter them until dead then let the police ask questions, here most police would agree!

You know id heard that a few timse so id asked and if you were going to hit them and cause damage, just finish them off, you'd possibly get manslaughter due to self defence but if they lived they could do you for damages

marbro8
01-10-2011, 22:17
batter them until dead then let the police ask questions, here most police would agree!fantastic response:c2: you see until you are burgled you really do not know how you would feel, and i would really like to hear from people who have ACTUALLY been burgled

lozzie1821
01-10-2011, 22:19
You know id heard that a few timse so id asked and if you were going to hit them and cause damage, just finish them off, you'd possibly get manslaughter due to self defence but if they lived they could do you for damages

thats what happend to my friend... he was walking home in las galletas and someone mugged him... they fought and because as he felt he wasnt getting the better hand of the situation he somehow with his keys managed to hurt the guy facially... he reported it and the guy sued him and he had 2 give pay up for the guys hospitilization!!!

marbro8
01-10-2011, 22:30
:redcard:
thats what happend to my friend... he was walking home in las galletas and someone mugged him... they fought and because as he felt he wasnt getting the better hand of the situation he somehow with his keys managed to hurt the guy facially... he reported it and the guy sued him and he had 2 give pay up for the guys hospitilization!!!he would have been better killing the **** and disposing of the body

LeFrunk
01-10-2011, 23:24
Round my way is very close , as in people look out for each other . I have to say the last time there was a break in my area was about 17yrs ago and thats the honest truth . If there was such an occasion to happen then i think the locals would show no mercy what so ever , ie , nail the said bad boy to a fence , kneecap him or just a normal 4 pack (arms and legs). It is a great deterrent but the liberal minded people think its stoneage , take your pick .

marbro8
01-10-2011, 23:28
Round my way is very close , as in people look out for each other . I have to say the last time there was a break in my area was about 17yrs ago and thats the honest truth . If there was such an occasion to happen then i think the locals would show no mercy what so ever , ie , nail the said bad boy to a fence , kneecap him or just a normal 4 pack (arms and legs). It is a great deterrent but the liberal minded people think its stoneage , take your pick .oh yes if only:c2:

Tom & Sharon
01-10-2011, 23:53
I think most men would hurt someone who came into the family home, uninvited, maybe in he middle of the night, and possibly to cause harm to you and yours. This is a basic instinct to protect your family, and is quite right.

If someone comes through the window at 4am, with malicious intent, they deserve everything they get.

I (Sharon) couldn't possibly do anything, as I am a woman.

I would however, expect Tom to shoot him dead!

CaribeCelt
02-10-2011, 01:06
Round my way is very close , as in people look out for each other . I have to say the last time there was a break in my area was about 17yrs ago and thats the honest truth . If there was such an occasion to happen then i think the locals would show no mercy what so ever , ie , nail the said bad boy to a fence , kneecap him or just a normal 4 pack (arms and legs). It is a great deterrent but the liberal minded people think its stoneage , take your pick .

My area is the same,very little crime,and if someone was caught I fear they would get similar treatment as you mentioned above or they would be on the boat to England very quickly.

rotchie
11-10-2011, 15:36
No official but highly recommended: Should you be fortunate enough to catch someone on your property without your permission, with the intention to steal or damage; give them the biggest beating of their life and then call the Police. Whilst waiting for them to arrive get your other half to give you a good punch on the nose (eyes closed is recommended). When the Police arrive claim self defence against aggrevated burglary and that you were " in fear of your life". Guaranteed to work with the full support of the Police