PDA

View Full Version : Charity Fundraiser Gillian Banks Theatre School Concerts for Live Arico

SuzyQ
02-10-2011, 10:15
At the end of this month The Gillian Banks Theatre School, from Rotherham in the UK, will be bringing 15 of itīs professional and semi-professional performers to the Island for one week, to perform in no less than 3 charity shows to benefit the Live Arico Animal Rescue Centre.

The Theatre School supports many charities throughout the year both locally and across the world (Nepal being one place), and in May this year an exchange of talent occurred when Nick Page flew to the UK to perform on a charity bill with the Theatre School, which is a registered charity with Nick as itīs Patron. An amazing 11,000 pounds was raised for local charities. Now, in exchange for Nickīs chosen charity, Live Arico, the Theatre School is returning the gesture and performing three times in the final week of October to raise money for the cash strapped dog refuge.

Singing & dancing showgirls will all perform together on the three nights, and promise to bring new talents to the Islandīs entertainment scene.

Performances will happen as follows:-

Monday 24th October. The Palms, Golf del Sur. Tickets €10 to include dinner.
Thursday 27th October. The Harbour Club, Los Gigantes. Tickets €15 to include five star buffet dinner.
Friday 28th October. The Theatre Bar, San Eugenio. €5 of raffle tickets to be purchased on entry.

The Theatre School has performed with Nick Page and Tanya Tevaro on many occasions now, and they promise to make your evening one to remember. Please PM me for tickets, although at the time of writing the Harbour Club is 80% sold out. I have to check with Colin Stevens regarding the Palms. The Theatre Bar of course will be first come first served.
We are hoping for around €3000 from the three events which will give us a chance to pulll back a bit after the horrendous summer months. Hope you can make it. :)

karinagal
25-10-2011, 00:18
I was at the event at The Palms this evening - what a fabulous night it was!! The meal was excellent and the entertainment was world class. The girls (and one young man) were all top class singers and dancers and the evening had plenty of variety which showed just how talented these youngsters were. I even had the good fortune to win 2 raffle prizes!! ;)

SuzyQ
25-10-2011, 01:36
Glad you had a good night :)
They took €300 on the raffle and now we have to collect money from the Palms from the ticket sales, so I will have a final figure tomorrow. I raced in there at 11.30 from my show in Gigantes, it seemed everyone had enjoyed it. Next show is the Harbour Club on Thursday but this, again, is completely sold out. However, its first come first served at the Theatre Bar, San Eugenio on Friday night so come down and see this one off event for yourselves.

caroletenerife
25-10-2011, 10:46
will be there friday, with as many people as i can muster xxxxx

karinagal
25-10-2011, 10:50
If its even half as good as last night it will be a belter!

SuzyQ
28-10-2011, 02:32
One word. Wow!!! Such talent form these kids. What a night we have had at the Harbour Club Los Gigantes. Packed house riveted by the show, standing ovations, everything. Thoroughly enjoyed it and was quite choked (and I dont do tears, lol) to think these people found sponsors to get them here, then brought all their fantastic costumes over and put on this amazing show just for our doggies. Overwhelmed. We raised €2500 tonight, and €700 on Monday at the Palms Golf del Sur. The final show is tomorrow night at the Theatre Bar San Eugenio, no tickets, just first come first seated. Dont miss it. They leave on Sunday.

garlicbread
28-10-2011, 16:09
Great night for the doggies in Los Gigantes last night and not bad for all the contributing guests who watched the show and gave so generously.

Here's the link to the Gillian Banks School for those who are interested. What a talented group of people.

http://www.gillianbankstheatreschool.co.uk/ivenues.htm

caroletenerife
28-10-2011, 17:03
Will be at the Theatre Bar San Eugenio tonight at 8pm...cant wait, sounds like a great show xx

SuzyQ
29-10-2011, 15:32
Wow, what week we have had. €3336 raised, plus another €30 from Fly Photography, so €3366 in total. Massive thanks to Gillian and Martin Banks and their ultra talented students, the venues for working so hard, and everyone who attended and gave so generously. Next year??? ;)

caroletenerife
29-10-2011, 17:58
It was a great night, all the youngsters last night were so talented, by far the best show i have seen in a long time, apart from you Suzy of course (got to say that or she will batter me) xxx