PDA

View Full Version : Other How do I go about selling at the markets in Tenerife?

tenerife_photo
02-10-2011, 15:10
m thinking of selling some photos at the local market. Was thinking of the one in los cristianos, in El Medano and Fanabe.

Anyone have any experience and possibly give me some handy tips/contacts. Do i need to be autonomo?

Any help appreciated!

bonitatime
02-10-2011, 15:42
Los Cris and Fańabe you need to be autonomo and registered for venta ambulante for tax
They let you try 2 saturdays and 2 Sundays before they need papers.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.388587,-16.348253

tenerife_photo
02-10-2011, 17:01
Thanks for the info!

Who do i have to contact and how easy can i get a stall? Im assuming i would get last choice for space. Also how much would i have to pay each time i have a stall? cheers

doreen
02-10-2011, 17:18
Blos Verde SL with an office on the first floor of Parque Royal 1 (above News Cafe) in Torviscas manage Los Cristianos and Faņabe markets.

Would it be an idea to share space with someone else to start ???

tenerife_photo
02-10-2011, 17:22
hi doreen! thanks for your help as always!
Not a bad idea, if anyone has a space im willing to share

doreen
02-10-2011, 18:03
Not a bad idea, if anyone has a space im willing to share

Wander through the two markets and chat to people ... someone selling souvenirs would be a good match for you :)

tenerife_photo
05-10-2011, 23:40
Ive made an affordable single page calendar of nice shots of Tenerife as opposed to the low quality photos of Tenerife that you can find everywhere

bonitatime
06-10-2011, 00:33
28 euros for a standard stall on either of the big markets.

Andy0210
06-10-2011, 00:35
Why not try all the supermarkets and other outlets and let them sell it on a commission basis?

Sounds to me like it would be dead easy to market and a no outlay angle for retail outlets. :)

Tam Rogers
22-04-2012, 11:45
Hi

I've been going through some of the old market stall threads as I am very interested in the possibility of running a stall (to sell photography prints, possibly jewellery and other craft items etc). There's some really useful information on here and I just wanted to run through a couple of things with you guys.

1) Do you have to register as autonomo to have a stall on any market or are there exceptions? For example, does this apply to the El Medano market?
2) I read on an old thread that Craft Markets may not need any paperwork - is this correct and what classes as a craft market?
3) Can you sell food on a market stall? I've not seen any stalls selling any food and wondered if this was not allowed? (I have some friends that may be interested in selling cakes etc)
4) Can you have other people working on your stall and would they have to be registered as employees? Also, can you have someone working for you on a completely separate stall or would they have to be registered as autonomo themselves too?
5) If you have another job would you still have to register as autonomo in order to run a stall?

Thanks in advance :)

finca18jrl
22-04-2012, 17:09
Ive made an affordable single page calendar of nice shots of Tenerife as opposed to the low quality photos of Tenerife that you can find everywhere

Really nice photo. Good luck with your venture!

chelseamassive
06-06-2012, 10:46
Anyone know how much frontage per stall you are given at the LC market? thanks