PDA

View Full Version : Can I change my Windows 7 from Spanish to English?

nathan1705
03-10-2011, 19:15
Can someone help please. I have a laptop running windows 7 home premium but cannto change language into english? xan anyone give me some suggestions please

nathan1705
03-10-2011, 19:35
Help please I cannot change the language of my laptop bought over here into English!!!

markcuk
03-10-2011, 19:52
you need this http://www.froggie.sk/

guide and fix for activation error in blog http://www.7tutorials.com/install-change-new-display-language-windows-7-home-professional-vistalizator

only windows 7 ultimate has the function built in

nathan1705
03-10-2011, 19:56
I gather that by looking on the web, but the thing is it had an Enlish ganguage pack on here before. My computer has recently been set back to factory settings

markcuk
03-10-2011, 20:15
probrably the software above was installed when you bought it?

cressrt
03-10-2011, 20:32
The language in windows is set by the system, you must have have Spanish pc. You would be better getting rid of windows and using Linux, no need for virus guards etc. and it's better and FREE. if you want to know more it's all free on line, google UBUNTU.

timmylish
04-10-2011, 00:20
you need this http://www.froggie.sk/

guide and fix for activation error in blog http://www.7tutorials.com/install-change-new-display-language-windows-7-home-professional-vistalizator

only windows 7 ultimate has the function built in

With all due respect I gave a friend of mine, who is a member on here, the vistalizator system some 6 months ago and he successfully loaded it onto his laptop running Windows 7 Home whatever. He did not have Ultimate!

markcuk
04-10-2011, 08:59
With all due respect I gave a friend of mine, who is a member on here, the vistalizator system some 6 months ago and he successfully loaded it onto his laptop running Windows 7 Home whatever. He did not have Ultimate!

dont think you read it properley!! I meant ultimate only as the option to change the language built in :) all other versions need to use the vistalizator system.

TenerifeTeddy
04-10-2011, 13:14
I get asked to do this all the time.

Unless you have Windows 7 Ultimate, the only correct way to do it, without causing other problems is to copy off the data, and reinstall Windows 7 using the same English version as your exisiting licence. You use the Spanish licence key and when acitvating just go through the automated phone system. You will probably also need to go on your laptop manufacturers website tod download any drivers that Windows doesn´t install.

I have done this on numerous occasions for clients, if you are not confident of doing it yourself please PM me.

markcuk
04-10-2011, 14:05

Unless you have Windows 7 Ultimate, the only correct way to do it, without causing other problems is to copy off the data, and reinstall Windows 7 using the same English version as your exisiting licence. You use the Spanish licence key and when acitvating just go through the automated phone system. You will probably also need to go on your laptop manufacturers website tod download any drivers that Windows doesn´t install.

I have done this on numerous occasions for clients, if you are not confident of doing it yourself please PM me.

That is correct but most people I have met dont like spending money:) but you can get the image here and do what tenerife teddy said http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

nathan1705
04-10-2011, 17:13
OK so now I have changed my system to windows Ultimate but still no Joy and other steps never seemed to wor either??? any suggestions now??

markcuk
04-10-2011, 17:25
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972813 try that otherwise take it to tenerife teddy

Balcony
12-10-2011, 17:20
One of newspapers last week answered a similar question about language changes and as someone said in Windows 7, generally, the short answer is that it's not possible.

Even the language and regional settings,going back, in XP only covered keyboard settings.

The only way to change the operating system language is to install an English version of Windows.

I am sure you can get to forums where some people will swear they've found a fix, but I'd be extremely wary of such claims.

timmylish
12-10-2011, 23:09
dont think you read it properley!! I meant ultimate only as the option to change the language built in :) all other versions need to use the vistalizator system.

Oh! I am so sorry. Now I read it again I see where you are coming from! I can do no more than apologise to you, Sir!

Added after 5 minutes:

One of newspapers last week answered a similar question about language changes and as someone said in Windows 7, generally, the short answer is that it's not possible.

Even the language and regional settings,going back, in XP only covered keyboard settings.

The only way to change the operating system language is to install an English version of Windows.

I am sure you can get to forums where some people will swear they've found a fix, but I'd be extremely wary of such claims.

Have to disagree. Each and every Windows Operating System is produced with English as the Master language. Notwithstanding what the newspaper told you, I have seen laptops bought here with Spanish as their O/s and having given my friends the info on "vistalizator" then watched the machines talkin' in perfect English. I do have to concede it don,t always work but, more often than not it does!

TIS
12-10-2011, 23:23

Having successfully used Vistalizator on a laptop running Windows 7 Home edition I can definately disagree with you. We haven't had a single problem and since the conversion have installed all the programs we required. All run perfectly. Being MCSE qualified I would be aware of any issue on our machines if there were any and certainly would not recommend it to others if I didn't have complete confidence in this utility. The key thing is to install it PRIOR to ANY changes.
Tried, tested and still working perfectly.

I get asked to do this all the time....I have done this on numerous occasions for clients, if you are not confident of doing it yourself please PM me. Without wishing to upset the proverbial applecart here, of course you can do this as well, but it takes longer and presumably costs the cleints more as well.

timmylish
13-10-2011, 00:15
OK so now I have changed my system to windows Ultimate but still no Joy and other steps never seemed to wor either??? any suggestions now??

I have just noticed this and have to say that I would be led to believe that your installation may have been "pirated"?
If this is the case there is no chance of vistalizator working.

markcuk
13-10-2011, 09:08
Being MCSE qualified I would be aware of any issue on our machines if there were any and certainly would not recommend it to others if I didn't have complete confidence in this utility. T

MCITP is the current cert! :) which would cover windows 7 etc

TIS
13-10-2011, 09:28
MCITP is the current cert! :) which would cover windows 7 etc
Well aware of that thanks. The point I was making is that some of us are technically qualified not only on paper but have practical experience, which is often more relevant, otherwise the super brains that get the MCITP at 15 would be able to diagnose everything, but they lack years of hands on experience which cannot be covered by the MS courses. Furthermore, the "VISTAlizator" as the name says was designed for Vista originally and I don't believe they give any guarantee that it works with Windows 7, but it does, if none pirated and originally installed, in my experience.

markcuk
13-10-2011, 14:09
Sorry if i offened you but many people I have met who have a MCSE lack the experience in the field they are trained in. VISTAlizator can cause problems but is the cheapest/free option for many people

plus its illegal to install the language packs on any other version of windows than windows ultimate.

I agree with tenerife teddy that the best and legal way is to use the current key and install using an english version of windows.

TIS
13-10-2011, 15:15
Sorry if i offened you but many people I have met who have a MCSE lack the experience in the field they are trained in. VISTAlizator can cause problems but is the cheapest/free option for many people

plus its illegal to install the language packs on any other version of windows than windows ultimate.

I agree with tenerife teddy that the best and legal way is to use the current key and install using an english version of windows.
No Problem. I wished more people queried the practical experience and reputation of the people they deal with prior to actually doing any business, particularly in the insurnace field. We are still getting people coming in who have supposedly taken out an insurance with "a man in the street" who has given them a worthless piece of paper as a receipt only for them to find out once they have had a crash or need the Grua. Same applies to repairs on PCs - that's why the forum serves so many people well. It at least lets people make a more informed decision .... unless they choose to ignore it .