PDA

View Full Version : Bars Rovers Return, Compostella Beach, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

marbro8
03-10-2011, 20:09
we come over on friday, and i was just looking at reviews for the compostella beach on trip adviser as we have never stayed there before, and there is a bit at the bottom called hot tip and the rovers gets quite a few mentions for brecky and food and although we used to love the place and had some good times there it has never really been renowned for food? so was just wandering if any forum members had eaten there lately and wandered what they thought:wink:

Jackie
03-10-2011, 20:13
Have eaten there quite a few times and never had any problems. It's your normal run of the mill food that you can get in hundreds of other places in Tenerife but as I said all has been good in the past.

marbro8
03-10-2011, 20:23
Have eaten there quite a few times and never had any problems. It's your normal run of the mill food that you can get in hundreds of other places in Tenerife but as I said all has been good in the past.thanks jackie, as i said we know kabe? quite well and have eaten there quite a few times but have eaten in places that are a lot better for the same price, was just wandering if they had a new chef, last time we ate there the chef was jamie, a rangers fan, and he left because they employed a celtic fan??? this sectarian thing goes pretty far sometimes

Jackie
03-10-2011, 20:25
thanks jackie, as i said we know kabe? quite well and have eaten there quite a few times but have eaten in places that are a lot better for the same price, was just wandering if they had a new chef, last time we ate there the chef was jamie, a rangers fan, and he left because they employed a celtic fan??? this sectarian thing goes pretty far sometimes

If you see Kabe tell him Courtney's mum said hello, not sure if his brother Adam is still there

marbro8
03-10-2011, 20:38
If you see Kabe tell him Courtney's mum said hello, not sure if his brother Adam is still thereno he isn't there anymore they had a disagreement and adam went home, there were quite a few faces missing, the little bloke and i didn't see baz either? that's the thing with tenerife you find a place get to know the staff, look forward to getting back for the same atmos and it's gone??? because the staff that have made you feel that way have gone? then you tend to try and find out where they have gone, follow them and it's never the same chemistry??? taylors lounge is the same, we so look forward to seeing the girls because they take time to talk to you all night and next time you go over it's like,:dontknow: who are they???

marbro8
18-10-2011, 20:59
i can actually answer my own question about the food in the rovers food, it was great, they offer very good pub grub, the steak was nice, the curry was nice (but hot) the burgers, the breakfasts and the 3 course for 10 euros was fantastic value, kabe martin allan the compare and the rest of the staff really make you welcome and the 5 teenagers that came with us where permanent fixtures in there even after we had gone to bed lol

Tinkabel
18-10-2011, 21:05
Never had a bad meal there either and as you say the 3 courses for a tenner is great value

Ed3229
18-10-2011, 21:13
We picked the worst day to go for breakfast at the Rovers......RUGBY on telly....Waited 40 min for food (only 10 people in Rovers),bloke who took our order moaning about getting up early and we had to ask for salt,pepper ect.Food was ok but I would not go back.....

marbro8
18-10-2011, 21:16
We picked the worst day to go for breakfast at the Rovers......RUGBY on telly....Waited 40 min for food (only 10 people in Rovers),bloke who took our order moaning about getting up early and we had to ask for salt,pepper ect.Food was ok but I would not go back.....hat was martin because he wolf whisled me in the compostella beach supermarket on his way to buy the rolls earlyer, and i said " hi mate how are you" and he said " terrible i ****** hate early mornings" lol

Added after 2 minutes:

hat was martin because he wolf whisled me in the compostella beach supermarket on his way to buy the rolls earlyer, and i said " hi mate how are you" and he said " terrible i ******* hate early mornings" lol i had to edit this because it did not filter out the word?

Added after 4 minutes:

hat was martin because he wolf whisled me in the compostella beach supermarket on his way to buy the rolls earlyer, and i said " hi mate how are you" and he said " terrible ihate early mornings" lol

Added after 2 minutes:

i had to edit this because it did not filter out the word?@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Ed3229
18-10-2011, 21:28
hat was martin because he wolf whisled me in the compostella beach supermarket on his way to buy the rolls earlyer, and i said " hi mate how are you" and he said " terrible i ***** hate early mornings" lol

Added after 2 minutes:

i had to edit this because it did not filter out the word?

Added after 4 minutes:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

LOL trust me to pick the wrong day..........Well im game I will give them a go next year will just wait till the bloke has been up for an hour or so.:respect:

marbro8
18-10-2011, 21:58
LOL trust me to pick the wrong day..........Well im game I will give them a go next year will just wait till the bloke has been up for an hour or so.:respect:lol sorry about the swear word mate i was just quoting what he said lol, but i thought it would be filtered out??? help please mods:confused:, i have tried to edit it twice but to no avail:confused:, anyway the rovers was our lifeline mate it made our hols, and the kids (17,17,18,19,20) loved it so yes give them another try because they have never disappointed us, the same goes for the red lion(bad beer) and the balu bar(poor meals) we will try them again because everyone deserves a second chance:wink:

sunspot
18-10-2011, 22:01
lol sorry about the swear word mate i was just quoting what he said lol, but i thought it would be filtered out??? help please mods:confused:, i have tried to edit it twice but to no avail:confused:, anyway the rovers was our lifeline mate it made our hols, and the kids (17,17,18,19,20) loved it so yes give them another try because they have never disappointed us, the same goes for the red lion(bad beer) and the balu bar(poor meals) we will try them again because everyone deserves a second chance:wink:

But the Stake Bakes you brought me over were delicious.................you are a darling

slodgedad
18-10-2011, 22:04
lol sorry about the swear word mate i was just quoting what he said lol, but i thought it would be filtered out??? help please mods:confused:, i have tried to edit it twice but to no avail:confused:, anyway the rovers was our lifeline mate it made our hols, and the kids (17,17,18,19,20) loved it so yes give them another try because they have never disappointed us, the same goes for the red lion(bad beer) and the balu bar(poor meals) we will try them again because everyone deserves a second chance:wink:

Sorted...................

marbro8
18-10-2011, 22:09
But the Stake Bakes you brought me over were delicious.................you are a darlinggod bless ya xxx,no better than the cake you got us, we where still eating it 5 days later :crylaughing: it was massive and so good, we met up with ecky and carole a few day's later and they said they had a wonderfull night out with you, we have just booked for may at the el mirador so maybe we can meet up again(and time for some more steak bakes?):wink:

Added after 2 minutes:

Sorted...................thanks slodge i was panickin:tiphat:

Tenerife Babe
07-05-2013, 14:39
Hello,

I had a phone call from a friend who lives out there in Tenerife a few months ago saying that there had been some trouble at the Rovers Return and that the bar had closed due to the trouble and that Kabe has come back to the UK.My friend said that he would expect that someone else would probably take the bar over but maybe under a different name to The Rovers Return.
Would anyone know if it has re-opened under new management??

blondie
07-05-2013, 16:39
Sorry no, it was not re opened when we saw it 2 wks today

Tenerife Babe
07-05-2013, 16:58
Hi Blondie,

Thanks for the Info.It`s much appreciated.

theslaters
07-05-2013, 17:31
Ken and Kevin Webster are taking it over!!

marbro8
07-05-2013, 17:55
Hello,

I had a phone call from a friend who lives out there in Tenerife a few months ago saying that there had been some trouble at the Rovers Return and that the bar had closed due to the trouble and that Kabe has come back to the UK.My friend said that he would expect that someone else would probably take the bar over but maybe under a different name to The Rovers Return.
Would anyone know if it has re-opened under new management??i know martin is working next door at surfers;)

Tenerife Babe
08-05-2013, 13:31
i know martin is working next door at surfers;)

Thanks Marbro8 I have also heard that Martin is working at Surfers. I`m not out there until Oct so maybe it will have new owners by then.
It has always been my last port of call for the 12 years that I`ve been coming out there for a very cheeky cocktail or two or three when I`m on my way back to apartment after a nite out.

marbro8
08-05-2013, 17:09
Thanks Marbro8 I have also heard that Martin is working at Surfers. I`m not out there until Oct so maybe it will have new owners by then.
It has always been my last port of call for the 12 years that I`ve been coming out there for a very cheeky cocktail or two or three when I`m on my way back to apartment after a nite out.yes we have frequented the bar a lot over the last 6-7 years, got to know martin and his partner well and he always makes a fuss of us when we see him bless:laugh:, but martin was running the place single handed in october last and through no fault of his own the place was going down hill, running out of food amongst other things:(, but at least he is still working, we will pop in and say hi to him next week and grab a bite to eat in there because the sweets are to die for:laugh:

marbro8
13-05-2015, 18:16
Well it's been over 3 years, but the rovers has re opened, after a massive refurb with no less than 12 TVs, the current owners are from Romania, we tried it the other day, but were hugely disappointed, not with the food, which is much the same as they did before, but with the terrible service, the place was quite full but the only had 3 staff on, one barman one waitress and one cook, the tomato soup had been drizzled with poor quality olive oil instead of the usual hint of cream, my brothers law ordered the chicken salad which was left on the pass for about 20 minuets, this was after he had been told that they had no cheese for his first order of cheese salad baguette, my niece couldn't eat the soup because it was leaving a greasy film in her mouth, so she ordered some nachos and was told they again had no cheese, so she ordered them without, to be told they had no nachos, so she ordered chips, and we waited and waited, to be told when we enquired about them, that the waitress had forgotten to order them, we wasn't very happy, the waitress started to say to us after we paid the bill that if we come back again tomorrow, but my sister in law cut her dead with " we will not be returning"

imablue
13-05-2015, 19:25
Good ...... looks like that,s another place not to go too and spend well earned dosh and they think they are doing.. You a service..... won,t last very long down on that strip ...cos there are far better places to eat in that area ............ Sad really cos it Used to be alright.
Good post Marbs .. if it helps other forum members ...

Medman
14-05-2015, 11:05
Well it's been over 3 years, but the rovers has re opened, after a massive refurb with no less than 12 TVs, the current owners are from Romania, we tried it the other day, but were hugely disappointed, not with the food, which is much the same as they did before, but with the terrible service, the place was quite full but the only had 3 staff on, one barman one waitress and one cook, the tomato soup had been drizzled with poor quality olive oil instead of the usual hint of cream, my brothers law ordered the chicken salad which was left on the pass for about 20 minuets, this was after he had been told that they had no cheese for his first order of cheese salad baguette, my niece couldn't eat the soup because it was leaving a greasy film in her mouth, so she ordered some nachos and was told they again had no cheese, so she ordered them without, to be told they had no nachos, so she ordered chips, and we waited and waited, to be told when we enquired about them, that the waitress had forgotten to order them, we wasn't very happy, the waitress started to say to us after we paid the bill that if we come back again tomorrow, but my sister in law cut her dead with " we will not be returning"

Yea, but apart from that .................. ?

Anne 2009
14-05-2015, 13:15

Thats a shame as it used to be a good bar. Had many a good night with martin and steve. Dont think i,ll be trying it if its as bad as that.