PDA

View Full Version : Is it legal in Spain to grow cannabis plants?

churnlobster
04-10-2011, 00:32
The people below me have a load of cannabis plants on there terrace and the smell of wacky backy is nauseating.
is it legal to grow that stuff in the Canaries? :confused:

slodgedad
04-10-2011, 00:39
As far as I know, it's legal as long as it is for personal use, and not for sale. Probably wrong tho..

timmylish
04-10-2011, 02:38
I think the growing aspect is different. Probably wrong as well!

tonypub
04-10-2011, 03:15
slodgie growin hash,tut tut.ooops me to now

9PLUS
04-10-2011, 07:19
Its decriminalised and if you grow a few plants it's usually seen with a blind eye, doesn't mean YOU can farm it...

Throughout Spain, Cannabis is still illegal but they allow (hence the blind eye) a few plants to be grown at home as long as they are no sold on and consumed within the home without bothering anyone else.

Its your Right.

A few people that have been taken to court for growing have had their fines lifted and criminal charges because of this blind eye / grow at home right.

atlantico
04-10-2011, 09:29
but like any other law, if it affects others it may become enforceable. ie. grow it indoors or elsewhere.

dokgolf
04-10-2011, 09:36
Buying and selling cannabis is a criminal offence punishable by law. Possession and consumption at a public place constitutes a misdemeanour and is penalized with a fine and confiscation. Growing the plant on private property for personal use, and consumption by adults in a private space is a constitutional right and hence not illegal. [

Nic
04-10-2011, 14:45
you are allowed to grow four plants here for personal use as others have stated, for the laws you can check out this website that can give you lots of info!

www.cannarias.com

junglejim
04-10-2011, 15:04
you are allowed to grow four plants here for personal use as others have stated, for the laws you can check out this website that can give you lots of info!

www.cannarias.com

Think Iīll talk to guy in apartment below me ! Heīs got about 5 on the go on his terrace - the President didnīt have a clue if itīs legal or not - not impressed with smell when he smokes it , but I doubt if heīs impressed with my choice of music !

Johnboy
04-10-2011, 16:06
I have been told it's not illegal to grow up to 4 plants and have recently seen seed packets being sold in the garden center... I prefer to grow peppers but we all have our vice's... haha!!

bonitatime
04-10-2011, 17:01
They sell grown plants in the shop in Los Cristianos.

churnlobster
04-10-2011, 17:20
I was thinking of growing some but id probably make a hash of it....:spin:

Greg
04-10-2011, 17:58
They sell grown plants in the shop in Los Cristianos.

Which shop please??

9PLUS
04-10-2011, 21:30
Buying and selling cannabis is a criminal offence punishable by law. Possession and consumption at a public place constitutes a misdemeanour and is penalized with a fine and confiscation. Growing the plant on private property for personal use, and consumption by adults in a private space is a constitutional right and hence not illegal. [

Nor is it Legal

dokgolf
04-10-2011, 21:46
Not sure what the point is that you are trying to make but to clarify, the act of growing cannabis for personal use and the use of cannabis in non public places has been decriminalised i.e. the government condones the private use of it but chooses not to do so in a public manner. Whether it is legal or illegal is in essence, pedantic.

9PLUS
04-10-2011, 22:20
With such a tightrope subject it's better to spell it out as it is

Correctly

It's not illegal nor is it Legal it's decriminalised

Thats my point when you copy from the Internet a sentence that can easily misunderstood and is very MISLEADING

cainaries
04-10-2011, 22:24
The people below me have a load of cannabis plants on there terrace and the smell of wacky backy is nauseating.
is it legal to grow that stuff in the Canaries? :confused:

The legality seems very fuzzy but I completely agree with you about the smell!

lozzie1821
04-10-2011, 22:25
My ex who is in guardia (police) told me you are allowed to have TWO plants by law growing in your possesion as this amount is what they class as personal use....
Anything above 2 and they can make a case against you for intent to supply etc..

I know a few lads who have more than 2 plants but they NEVER sell it as they are big smokers themselves and keep it for themselves so i guess if you are not obvious about it then people will be none the wiser!!

chrisd85
05-10-2011, 16:50
I dont see what the problem is as long as they havent turned the house/apartment into a greenhouse. Personally I like the smell, and they are nice plants. If other countries did what the Netherlands etc have done it would have made billions in tax instead of wasting billions on "The War on Drugs".. and help ease the prison overpopulation issue as well! Power to the people! :)

tmfkahs
05-10-2011, 19:58
Get them to take it seriously and enter this for next year?

Maybe get your complex seriously on the Cannabis map by hosting 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ue8OfNUeyM&feature=related

Personally, I think it's a spoof........all that grass and no chocolate in sight, can't be real

cynophilia
06-10-2011, 15:24
4 plants can look like this : )1574

Albahaca
17-10-2011, 11:58
When the neighbours have problems with it they can call the police.
One adult and one smaller plant will normally not give problems with
the law but its still illegal and the neighbours don't have to suffer.
Tell the grower to do it inside or call Guardia Civil. Five plants is
way too much!

Greg
17-10-2011, 19:56
tell em you know of good home for the plants:spin:

kangnkodos
06-10-2012, 08:27
im sick and tired of people shouting and singing and throwing up outside my apartment every other night because of too much booze,maybe we should all try to make drinking alcohol on your own terrace illigal aswell,and next we can attack cigarette smokers and eventually call for mass demolition of all patios in the canaries to really minimise peoples life enjoyment.live and let live i say.