PDA

View Full Version : Internet So Is Tenerife's Broadband so much better than the UK?

timmylish
04-10-2011, 01:12
worse than the UK,s? I,ve read many threads on here complaining about the broadband here so I thought that this would make for interesting reading. I know that I am lucky, here in San Isidro, to have a regular speed of over 8 mgps whilst other places (Calleo) to name but one, have difficulty in getting near 1 mgps but when you consider that Telefonica still hold all the aces here are we so far behind places like the UK?;-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14295046

karinagal
04-10-2011, 01:16
Here in Cumbernauld, I'm lucky if I get 1.25 mb... In my apartment in Amarilla Golf, I easily achieve between 6 & 8 mb....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

timmylish
04-10-2011, 01:39
Here in Cumbernauld, I'm lucky if I get 1.25 mb... In my apartment in Amarilla Golf, I easily achieve between 6 & 8 mb....

Exactly the type of situation which I had hoped to highlight for those unfortunate enough not to get any decent service here on Tenerife!

karinagal
04-10-2011, 10:03
Exactly the type of situation which I had hoped to highlight for those unfortunate enough not to get any decent service here on Tenerife!

Until fibre optic cables or similar are installed as standard world wide, there will always be the problem of low speeds caused by distance from the exchange over copper wires.... Or until someone invents the ultimate booster!!!!

We've been promised that Cumbernauld exchange will be ready for BT Infinity sometime next year. Not holding my breath though.