PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been on the 10 euro trip (including lunch) in Tenerife?

mossy
04-10-2011, 11:27
Has anyone used 10 eur tenerife tours inc lunch, are they worth it or just a selling exercise ferrying tourists around different businesses.

Skeggy
04-10-2011, 11:37
Has anyone used 10 eur tenerife tours inc lunch, are they worth it or just a selling exercise ferrying tourists around different businesses.

Never used them, but know there is no such thing as a free lunch...

primrose
04-10-2011, 12:04

Yes they all go to some sort of a Business, mostly what they call the Blanket Trip,but you do get to see quite a bit of the Island,but if you look at the pick up times you can be on the coach a long while before you even leave Los Christianos,and it is done on a first come first served basis so if the coach is full when it gets to you you just cannot go,and there are no reserved seats so not guaranteed to be sat together.

woolli
04-10-2011, 15:31
Yes they all go to some sort of a Business, mostly what they call the Blanket Trip,but you do get to see quite a bit of the Island,but if you look at the pick up times you can be on the coach a long while before you even leave Los Christianos,and it is done on a first come first served basis so if the coach is full when it gets to you you just cannot go,and there are no reserved seats so not guaranteed to be sat together.

There is a phone number on the brochure were im sure you can book your seat.
The company is promoting bedding products. I am lead to believe the presentation is appprox 30 minutes, and then on you go to enjoy your trip, which, on every excursion, includes lunch.
10€ ia an absolute bargain. There is actually one trip also includes a boat excursion as well as the island trip!

mossy
04-10-2011, 15:53
The company is promoting bedding products. I am lead to believe the presentation is appprox 30 minutes, and then on you go to enjoy your trip, which, on every excursion, includes lunch.
10€ ia an absolute bargain. There is actually one trip also includes a boat excursion as well as the island trip!

Have you been on one Woolli?

primrose
04-10-2011, 16:32

On the back of the Brochure it says just get on the bus no reservations necessary,and no entitlement to transport in case of reaching maximum capacity, it is good value but there are 21 pickups in Las Americas that take nearly 1 hour.

woolli
04-10-2011, 17:08
On the back of the Brochure it says just get on the bus no reservations necessary,and no entitlement to transport in case of reaching maximum capacity, it is good value but there are 21 pickups in Las Americas that take nearly 1 hour.
Thats correct, you dont need to book, but you can by calling the number. No where does it say you cant book!
I know of four people who have "booked" tomorrow who are staying on the Golf.
Mossy in answer to your question, I havent personally, but the father in law went on one recently. He his back in November and says he his going to go on another excursion.
Can anyone else beat 10€ to various destinations includind Santa Cruz, Masca, Guimar etc with food and drink included?

mossy
04-10-2011, 17:34
Thats correct, you dont need to book, but you can by calling the number. No where does it say you cant book!
I know of four people who have "booked" tomorrow who are staying on the Golf.
Mossy in answer to your question, I havent personally, but the father in law went on one recently. He his back in November and says he his going to go on another excursion.
Can anyone else beat 10€ to various destinations includind Santa Cruz, Masca, Guimar etc with food and drink included?

That's why i was asking it sounds too good to be true.:tiphat:

primrose
04-10-2011, 18:20

It is as it says in the Brochure just that you have to go to the Blanket Shop but everything is as stated, well worth the money.

woolli
04-10-2011, 18:34
Like Primrose says Mossy, everything that is stated in the brochure is true. I was also speaking to some people at weekend who had also been on the trips and said it was real value for money. I am going to try them once I get time!

caroletenerife
04-10-2011, 18:35
Alot of our customers in the shop go on them and enjoy them, as stated its along time on the bus..you can always have a sing a long or at worst take a cushion to have a kip on the bus x

marbro8
04-10-2011, 20:53
Alot of our customers in the shop go on them and enjoy them, as stated its along time on the bus..you can always have a sing a long or at worst take a cushion to have a kip on the bus xi absolutly hate traveling on buses or coaches, and my pet hate is all the pick ups and drop offs lol,that's why when choosing holiday destinations we pick somewhere close to the airport:wink:, when we go to cyprus we have chosen paphos(20 mins) we also went to aiya napa (larnaca 30 mins) turkey(dalaman 20 mins) and the all important tenerife los cris( tenerife south 20 mins:wink:) up there for thinking down there for dancing:eyebrows:

Jackie
04-10-2011, 21:02
Funny you should have started this thread because I picked up one of these brochures while waiting for the bus last week. Every excursion you read about states that you arrive at whatever destination and then go to a presentation about beds or bedding or something to that effect...and then you have lunch. I really couldn't be bothered to sit for half a day on a coach and at a presentation, which is obviously the case as lunch is straight after. I can't see there being very much time at all for actually seeing anything worthwhile as they say you will be back in time for dinner. All in all I reckon a couple of hours top whack for the actual excursion.

kieraj
04-10-2011, 21:49
we have done lots of blanket trips on mainland spain and they are free, they take you to see blankets etc and then you go to different places of interest such as the San Miguel factory in Malaga which was very good, all you can sample in an hour and a buffet, We went up to Mijas for a few hours and then to the diamond factory, but there was no hard sell a good free day out, so 10 euro's is not bad for a day out and you will probably see more of the island x

imablue
04-10-2011, 21:56
:) Just buy the blanket...you,ll be covered then....:)

wigjam
04-10-2011, 22:10
I paid 20 euros for a fantastic Island tour recently , booked via Jesus tours in Los Cris. I'd rather pay the extra 10 and not sit through a presurised presentation which also must shorten the trip.The blankets cost about £1,000+ per set and there is pressure to buy. Otherwise they'd never get the money back.
Although lunch was not included on the tour I did a great three course lunch with wine , water and bread was just another 10 euros, the spectacular seaview was free.

Missingthereef
05-10-2011, 20:06
Hi. We tried the 12 euro 'blanket' tour of the island a couple of years ago, not expecting much for the price. However we were quite surprised to find it was very good value and a great laugh! (The free wine helped...) A boat trip was also included and the dolphins joined us. The guy presenting the wool products was cheerful and we didn't feel under any pressure to buy. These trips are ideal if you are on a budget and have plenty of time to spare on your holiday.

marbro8
05-10-2011, 20:13
i think i would rather go on a timeshare tour lol, at least you havn't got to pick the world and his wife up and you get to screw some freebies out of em:eyebrows::wink:

Caira
12-10-2011, 17:02
Hi,
I recommend viajesteide.es (http://viajesteide.es/index.php?lang=en&option=com_content&Itemid=55).
So you can be sure that you will have a nice trip.

woolli
20-10-2011, 14:08
Have you been on one Woolli?
Hi Mossy, the better half hand myself went on an excursion with Atlantic Travel yesterday. Highly recommended.
We travelled up to La Oratava were we sat down and listened to the bedding presentation, while being served coffee or wine. It was very informative and fun, and not at all pressurised selling.
This was finished within an hour, then we travelled through La Laguna, and up through Mercerdes Forest on our way to a fishing village named Taganana. Before we got to the village, we passed through the Anaga Mountain range, which was spectacular. We had various stops at view points to see the views.
When we got to Taganana we stopped and had lunch, which consisted of fresh fish, canarian potatoes, a massive salad, finish off with a bottle of wine.
Once we had finished lunch we were given time to look around the village, then we proceeded tto drive to Las Teresitas Beach near Santa Cruz, and although the weather wasnt great we had time to try the beach , and have a look round.
It was then time to drive back down the motorway, and back to base.
So, all in all it was a great trip, and would have been better but for the weather.
And all for 10€! We are already planning our next trip.

mossy
20-10-2011, 17:30
Hi Mossy, the better half hand myself went on an excursion with Atlantic Travel yesterday. Highly recommended.
We travelled up to La Oratava were we sat down and listened to the bedding presentation, while being served coffee or wine. It was very informative and fun, and not at all pressurised selling.
This was finished within an hour, then we travelled through La Laguna, and up through Mercerdes Forest on our way to a fishing village named Taganana. Before we got to the village, we passed through the Anaga Mountain range, which was spectacular. We had various stops at view points to see the views.
When we got to Taganana we stopped and had lunch, which consisted of fresh fish, canarian potatoes, a massive salad, finish off with a bottle of wine.
Once we had finished lunch we were given time to look around the village, then we proceeded tto drive to Las Teresitas Beach near Santa Cruz, and although the weather wasnt great we had time to try the beach , and have a look round.
It was then time to drive back down the motorway, and back to base.
So, all in all it was a great trip, and would have been better but for the weather.
And all for 10€! We are already planning our next trip.

Thanks for the update Wooly, it sounds terrific,i can't wait to go now,when i find the time, but my OH and her mum would be able to :(

kingbaker
20-10-2011, 17:55
[QUOTE=mossy;108819]Thanks for the update Wooly, it sounds terrific,i can't wait to go now,when i find the time, but my OH and her mum would be able to :([/QU

OTE]

Thats why we have DIVORCE!!!!!!!!!!

pjtaylor
25-06-2012, 11:16
I´ve heard pretty much the same. You get to see some of the nicer parts of the island, but the price is a sales pitch. I´ve not heard anything about hard selling and have heard from people that have bought the bedding it is very good quality. Hope I´m not starting to sound like a sales-rep for them, but I have heard good things about it.

Becky
25-06-2012, 13:04
Why do the words 'free' and 'cheap' (aka value for money) crop up so many times in postings by Brits seeking advice about things to do in Tenerife? Is the only good day out one that costs us next to nothing? Just a thought....

macdonald5
25-06-2012, 14:30
I´ve heard pretty much the same. You get to see some of the nicer parts of the island, but the price is a sales pitch. I´ve not heard anything about hard selling and have heard from people that have bought the bedding it is very good quality. Hope I´m not starting to sound like a sales-rep for them, but I have heard good things about it.

We went on a very similar trip when there last month but it was with Miller
Definitely no hard sell ,included a small lunch with glass of wine and revisited parts of Island we had not been to for years
Yes great economical way to see things
Coach was comfortable but high steps could be difficult if not very mobile

woolli
26-06-2012, 11:16
Miller Travel close down next week for the summer, Thursday being the last excursion. Re-open at the end of August.