Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long do you like holidays to be?

North Wales borders

How long do you like holidays to be?

We like two weeks minimum or possibly Three.
    Our In-Laws like ten days.
    As its a Four Hour plus journey to Tenerife the Air Fare will
    usually be quite a bit.
    Why, by choice, have a Week or ten days.?

I dont understand....

Warrington UK
    For me it's all about time Warbs. I usually have to restrict it to a week at a time because I need to be here for my business.
    Unfortunately as you've pointed out, the air fares cost me a packet. Trust me, if the lottery comes in you'll struggle to get me back to the UK. Ah well, back to the grindstone........

Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
    A week In Tenerife is not enough! You just start to chill, relax and get used to the fantastic climate - then it's time to go home!
    We have to have two or three weeks at a time. Would love to make it longer, but hubby's job dictates!
    Is it holiday time yet?

.......I'm quite happy with the 7 days,
    But "The Boss" likes 10 days,
    but I'm sure she'd love the two weeks!
    The best is probly the 10 days!

It's as far as I could stretch the dosh!!!
    It took me 35 long years to work out that because I was angry it didn't mean I was right.

On a Volcano
    It has to be a minimum of 2 weeks for me personally. I can never see the point of 7 days, especially when the three kids were younger, it took me that long to unpack lol . With a 7 day holiday you are just starting to relax and find your way about and then it's time to go home. Prior to moving here our Christmas/New Year holidays to Tenerife were getting longer each year until we were coming over at the beginning of December and going home the 2nd week in January.

Having said that I have friends who would NEVER go anywhere for longer than 10 days but they prefer 7, regardless of how far they travel, they are actually in Barbados now for just 4 nights for their anniversary

Cumbernauld/Amarilla Golf
    I'm very fortunate - my job allows me to take holidays at relatively short notice and I can use a mixture of flex leave and annual leave. As a result, I can pick up good flight deals. So far this year I've had six individual weeks and a fortnight. I have another week coming up in December... So, although I would love to be there for the whole of the winter, I have quite a few years until that will be a likelihood so for the moment, I'm happy as a sandgirl!! I manage to get over for a week every 6-8 weeks...
    Queen of de-nial

ALWAYS WRONG (wife says) Ecky Thump's Avatar

On the Banks of the River Clyde
    We always book Tenerife for three weeks, one week is when we have our family with us (son, daughter-in-law and two grandsons) and then the relaxation begins, but even without the family we would still book for the three weeks.
    For holiday breaks in the UK, I find that a week or ten days is normally enough as part of it is for visiting relatives.
    Live your life so that even the undertaker is sad to see you die.

As mentioned earlier flying with budget airlines allows the flexibility of any length of stay and better value, we have made the most of finding suitable periods to fit in with our retired life style, we stayed for six weeks earlier in the year and thought that was just a little too long, a month seems ideal for us so that's what we have decided for our November break.

Bucks
    Friends of mine come out for 6 - 9 weeks, but for me too long. I suppose I am still in 'work mode' (certainly that is my wife's consideration) and a fortnight is sufficient.

But I do like to come out on my own and a week to ten days is great.

I like to come over for 3 weeks at a time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast