Thread: What's the best mobile internet in Costa del Silencio, Tenerife?

Question What's the best mobile internet in Costa del Silencio, Tenerife?

I'm coming over for my 2nd trip on the 10th Nov
    I will have my lap-top and unlocked dongle with me.
    Can anyone in or near Silencio give me any idea of best signal or best pre-paid sim to get ?
    I used Orange Everywhere last trip in L.C. but I have heard mention of a Vodaphone one on here
    I have not had time to go through all previous posts
    Thanks ...Tam

Port Of Poole
    If you are using a USB dongle , get yourself a 5 metre extension cable - that way you can hang the dongle up high by a window to achieve better signal, and hence faster internet.
    Remember, the construction of the average apartment of dense concrete and metal can mean that reported provider signal strengths may not be accurate. Signal strengths indoors can be very poor - but fine on a balcony outside.
    Apps like 'antennas' on smart phones allow you to pin point the cell transmitter location allowing you to get best reception.
    Tenerife Sur / Renia Sofia (GCTS / TFS) Airband Radio Frequencies
    Approach Frequency 120.3MHz, also 127.7MHz :: Tower Frequency 119.0MHz :: Ground Frequency 121.9MHz :: ATIS Frequency (local airport weather) 118.675MHz :: VOLMET LasPalmas 126.2 MHz

Many thanks for that Vortex

Tenerife resident working in Qatar
    interested in learning more about the suggested apps. please enlighten the keen to learn. i've just bought a samsung gallaxy, learnt how to root it, done that. don't see the difference. you obviously know more the me, can you share anything?