Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Chafiras & Llano de Camello apartment owners thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,310 Times in 469 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we've just had a lovely, unplanned week in our apartment and it was so unbelievably hot that we could only sit on the balcony early morning and evening. Does anyone know about awnings? Presumably we must buy one to match the complex but no-one else seems to have one as many have ready-built balconies.

The pools were lovely and hot as baths but being issued with just one pool key is causing a lot of angst for everyone although the key system is a great idea. We are all scared of leaving a key behind or losing it but although we explored every avenue inquiring in all sorts of places and offered to buy another from the surgestion it is impossible apparently.

I suppose there won't be any more planting on the Avenida which is a pity; it is used for recreation and exercise by so very many. The ground is probably too hard to plant anyway during the summer. There was some activity at the Dorada warehouse end which could have been water pipes but those red and white cones are still there as is the abandoned white car....

Hearing lots of good things about the butcher's meat below El Faro. There is now a tile shop. Yes we have a bar at cafe Tolcan by the motorway but walking back up that hill after a night out is .....breathless agony.

The great white elephant/abandoned superstore has silver wrapping: fencing. Maybe they will wrap up all the areas which are unsold eyesores. This is bittersweet because although it looks pristine at the moment the Golf del Sur fencing is browned by dusty sand and some panels blown in by the wind.

Are you out there Blue Marlin (so many nice memories too!) Tilly, DDoyle (how's news about your move?) Heffalumpy. Have a lovely Summer Slodgedad, Woolli, Mossy, (did you move?) and Markles.

Please keep us posted with any news. Thank you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Margaretta For This Useful Post:

mossy (12-07-2011), woolli (06-08-2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    These ads will disappear once you have REGISTERED and made 10 posts in our friendly community :)

In the doghouse
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,009 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The butchers at El Faro is superb.

It seems quite dear on first look but the meat is so well trimmed that the price is comparable with supermarkets.

For example; If you normally need 300 grams 200 will do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to slodgedad For This Useful Post:

Margaretta (12-07-2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everybody...Tfsphase2 is back in the forum
    We will be in Tenerife for 5 weeks at the end of July and looking forward so much!!!
    Has anybody tried the spit roast chicken from the new shop near Super Verduras?
    Looking forward to fillet steak and pepper corn sauce with a bottle of red penagudo wine ffom Tapas restaurant in San Blas.
    Last edited by tfsphase2; 17-07-2011 at 22:27. Reason: key cutting of the pool key is prohibited

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tfsphase2 For This Useful Post:

Margaretta (18-07-2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Margaretta
    I'm still here, keep checking in now and again, we had a lovely few days on our own in Tenerife in May, it was lovely and hot, just how I like it!! but no plans at moment to return, unless I can get cheap flights for the October half term. Going camping in France next week so that should be fun. I do keep checking up on how things are over there, just don't get over as often as we used to, what with the recession and everything.
    Tilly

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tilly! Hope that you are having a fabulous holiday in France! The only advantage of being retired is that you have many more options on those cheap, 'out of school holiday' flights! But it does mean that we don't see many other people when we are in Tenerife and miss the 'buzz'.

TFSPhase2 will be trying the new spit-roast for us all and I'm sure they'll report back in September. In the meantime is anything exciting happening in Llano del Camello? Have they opened the roadway yet or are the cones still there??

Tenerifian

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Marg, yes, the cones are still there! Absolutely no idea why? Perhaps they need planning permission to move them lol! Nothing really to report, other than that it is very, very hot!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi y'all! Heaven help Llano del Camello as our daughter is arriving this coming week! The local cabs will be relocating and the smell of perfume and suncream will pervade the air! Mornings will not be an option and Siam Park and Clubland will shake in anticipation!!! Poor Mum and Dad are coming out for their holiday two days after the young ladies return and I daresay we'll be scraping the nail varnish off the leather sofas, cleaning black sand from the bidets and picking up bits from glittery sandals for the whole month! I am not lending her my camera ever again....she must put the suncream on her own lens, sunglasses and ipod. Oh, the joys of Motherhood!!!
    Actually she has been working really hard and deserves a great time so I'm hoping the weather holds. Don't mind at all if the weather breaks when we arrive as I love the storms over the mountain and a really rough sea....to LOOK at!
    Oh Woolli, shall we be daring, move the cones and redirect the traffic?
    Doubtless the middle of the Avenida is so parched that planting cannot possibly continue? Was the silver wrapping around the unfinished supermarket completed?
    So....it seems there is a new children's store near Lidl? So why didn't AlCampo or Carrefour take over the supermarket? Maybe they are waiting to see if the toy store is a success? Has anyone tried El Campesino up the road towards Aldea Blanca? There is guitar playing on Friday and Saturday night I think. So sorry about your pool closure DDoyle. I do hope the matter is resolved soon. Come and see what ours is like.....at least I hope it's OK and haven't heard anything untoward yet.
    Tilly, did you get those Cheapflights? A great place to spend October!!
    Two weeks to go....can't wait!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Margaretta For This Useful Post:

doreen (20-08-2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently DDoyle your pool may not be closed. It a problem with some untreated water running into the cascade and the jacuzzi. it is probably being sorted so things may not be as bad!

Daughter and friends have hit the town until 05:00a.m. this morning!
    Last edited by Margaretta; 24-08-2011 at 18:27.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Margaretta For This Useful Post:

ddoyle (03-09-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 997 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither Alcampo nor Carrefour can get a license in the south. Lidl spent more than 10 years applying for papers to open on the islands.
    Catch up with all your CD Tenerife local team football or buy CD Tenerife & Spanish football items here

Support the cancer association buy a pink shirt here

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bonitatime For This Useful Post:

Margaretta (28-08-2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bonitatime and thank you for the info.
    That's interesting because when it was started even the taxi-drivers were saying that our now unfinished supermarket block was to be taken by the Carrefour or that Mercadona was going to move from the other side of the motorway. That was about three years ago. We would have been happy with a bar, a restaurant and a Spar!! There is nothing at our end of Llano del Camello. I wonder who paid for the 'silver wrapping' around the site

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast