Adeje
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 934 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lobbying Campaign re Holiday Lettings Law

Okay - let's see if this Forum can do something positive rather than just talk.

I'm starting a new thread in the hope that we can come up with some options/strategies for those concerned with the current clampdown on illegal holiday lettings - both owners (of Residential units, or on Touristic complexes where poor returns are given by the sole agent), business owners who might be affected and tourists who use these apartments and feel uncomfortable at the lack of choice they think they will now face.

I would like to think we could express (positive) opinions on here on how a strong lobbying campaign could be run. This is in no way intended to go against the interests of some members such as Oasis or Loaded who run good, legal businesses: so I believe part of any campaign must also focus on bringing in a "level playing field" rather than just looking for an amnesty or going back to the way things were. Discussion should also include agreeing to a fair registration & transparent taxation system as well as improvement of standards.

The first thing I suggest, is that there is strength in numbers. We now know there is a meeting to be held on 15th December, probably in Adeje. Can I suggest that all affected owners make an effort to either attend (flying in if need be) or appoint a representative to attend. I would also urge any Swallows that are using "illegal" accommodation and are here at that date to consider attending.

Can anyone give advice on setting up an online petition ... and what would the text be.

Is there anyone (forum member, or just a concerned guest looking in) who has professional experience in the PR field who can give advices?

Are there any bilingual speakers who are prepared to get involved here ?

Who is prepared to draw up a list of all elected representatives on the island, their party affiliation, contact details, whether they speak English etc ?

Who will undertake Market Research to help demonstrate what damage might be done to certain areas if the clampdown continues and succeeds in closing off many accommodation options. Going into detail, such as say, for Oasis del Sur - how many bars, restaurants, excursion shops etc are there, how many do they employ (minefield, as many illegally employed ) etc etc This would require accurate data regarding the number of units that are legal and available as well.

Would members support the idea of setting up a Fund to help pay for professional advice of a lawyer etc where necessary ?

Over to you folks ... bearing in mind that criticism of the current law or of the political system actually achieves very little Some of the posts in our long running Illegal Lettings thread would be relevant here and perhaps they can be reposted.
    Last edited by doreen; 26-11-2011 at 00:31.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to doreen For This Useful Post:

AJP (27-11-2011), AL JAY (26-11-2011), Angusjim (26-11-2011), Ben_f (03-12-2011), DaveRF (26-11-2011), Goforgold (02-12-2011), Jimmyhow (12-12-2011), Loaded (27-11-2011), moonlighter (30-11-2011), murph (04-12-2011), nelson (29-11-2011), Peterrayner (26-11-2011), Red Devil (26-11-2011), Saltnpepper (02-12-2011), SuzyQ (04-12-2011), tifosi (02-12-2011), TOTO 99 (26-11-2011), welshman (27-11-2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    These ads will disappear once you have REGISTERED and made 10 posts in our friendly community :)

Arona / Costa Adeje
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets hope you get it all together for the public meeting in the south on the 15th of December

Maybe you could get them in knots
    Our New Website - NINE PLUS INSTALACIONES - Click Here Electrical Installations, Projects, Test & Inspections, Certification, OCA, Upgrades & All procedures for ENDESA + Energy Efficiency Certification .
    Life through a Lens www.markfradley.com & Ten Diez Movement

Super Tenerifian

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be interesting to see the turn out.

I will try to get bi-lingual representation at the meeting.

I would hope that many local businesses will turn out (ex-pat and local owners)

A little bit sceptical of its intent and its timing.

Added after 22 minutes:

Another suggestion

If any members have contacts with local press newspapers and readio etc could we get this meeting announced to the widest possible market

A full front page spread in the Canarian Weekly might be helpful.
    Last edited by Peterrayner; 26-11-2011 at 09:32. Reason: merged double posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peterrayner For This Useful Post:

Suzanne (26-11-2011)

Callao Salvaje
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Date is marked off in my Diary, i hope they have a huge venue because the Local interest concerning this matter is massive, i will also bring along my interpreter

Super Tenerifian

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunspot View Post
    This Date is marked off in my Diary, i hope they have a huge venue because the Local interest concerning this matter is massive, i will also bring along my interpreter
    Venue not yet announced but indications are it will be based in Adeje.

Good to hear that local interest is high.

Callao Salvaje
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Peter, nobody knows what will come out of this meeting but if for the Villa owners some clarification would be a start because at the moment there is absolutly nothing they are allowed to do or can do for that matter

Super Tenerifian

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunspot View Post
    Yes Peter, nobody knows what will come out of this meeting but if for the Villa owners some clarification would be a start because at the moment there is absolutly nothing they are allowed to do or can do for that matter
    I hope Canarian businesses are interested as well...shops bars restaurants and not least the taxi drivers.

This needs promulgating through the local press both English and Spanish

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peterrayner For This Useful Post:

nelson (29-11-2011), sunspot (27-11-2011)

Super Tenerifian

Thanks
    Thanked 3,703 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterrayner View Post
    I hope Canarian businesses are interested as well...shops bars restaurants and not least the taxi drivers.

This needs promulgating through the local press both English and Spanish
    Good word Peter never heard it before but then I am a moron

Arona / Costa Adeje
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angusjim View Post
    Good word Peter never heard it before but then I am a moron

I Concur...

x
    Our New Website - NINE PLUS INSTALACIONES - Click Here Electrical Installations, Projects, Test & Inspections, Certification, OCA, Upgrades & All procedures for ENDESA + Energy Efficiency Certification .
    Life through a Lens www.markfradley.com & Ten Diez Movement

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 9PLUS For This Useful Post:

Angusjim (27-11-2011)

Super Tenerifian

Thanks
    Thanked 3,703 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9PLUS View Post
    I Concur...

x
    Thanks !! I think

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

tenerife letting laws

tenerife letting law

illegal holiday lettings tenerife

tenerife forum illegal lettings

tenerife illegal letting

what is the letting law in tenerife

tenerife illegal lettings

illegal holiday lets tenerife

lettings law tenerife

illegal lettings in tenerife

tenerife adeje turisto meeting

letting laws in tenerife

tenerife illegal letting meetingillegal letting tenerifelsafety requirement of gas boilers in tenerifepublic meeting in adejelaw renting tenerifeHoliday Lettings Tenerifeforigners friendly campaign tenerifaalojamento local example of fire safety noticepeter rayner tenerife letting lawsrules about apartments renting in tenerifeletting homes in tenerife regulationspeter rayner tenerifespanish broadband providers
SEO Blog